Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 6

Old 01-24-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Happy Bday Shannon!
Old 01-24-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi FABL, Glad you posted. Been thinking about you. I'm really sorry about what you are going through at the moment. Please don't be to hard on yourself. I'm back on day 2 after a ridiculous slip. I think Dee is on to something about increasing your face to face support. Keep posting. We've got you.

Max, I have nothing useful to contribute because I'm clueless about everything. But, you have my support. This is a good, safe place to vent so do so as you need to. My heart goes out to you.

Has your husband calmed down yet, Erin?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Tired

Max, you are right where I am. Seeking help yet trusting no one. Hard!

Erin, oh what painful thing! What to do...I wish there was an easy answer. But, when that dark descends, be true to yourself and your progeny. Sad, but no one else usually cares except some.be smart, be happy, be yourself. Life is a trip we oftent times do not expect.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Thanks for the b-day wishes. I worked today (boo!), and then the fellas (hubby and son) took me out to dinner. Of course they're treating me like a princess. 'Cause I am. I'm JUST kidding! Although I did tell my son I thought I would start wearing a tiara. Hahaha.

I'm not 100% sure he traced my ancestry correctly, but for now, I love the comedic value it's brought to my life. And especially to my SR family.

I hope everyone is well tonight. FABL, you can't leave us! Hugs to you!
Old 01-24-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Thanks OMO. I do trust and respect what others have to say, but I deserve the same respect back, as well. I'm sorry you feel this way too. Its not a helpful thing at all, when we are trying to help ourselves.

I guess my personality is too strong, and I am willing to take advice, and support. But, I will draw the line when I know my facts, opinions, are trying to be changed. I just don't work that way. Maybe a character defect on my part? Probably, but one on their parts as well.

I came into this program with real hope, and still do. I'm not going to agree with everyones opinion, that's just facts. Most of my meetings have been good, but I don't need to feel pressure, right about now, in any part of this journey.

I truly hope things get better for us both. Thanks much for your input friend.

Last edited by Stubbs16; 01-24-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: wrong name
Old 01-24-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Omo, thank you so incredibly much for your warm comforting post. It's like you read my mind. Do I belong here anymore? I don't fit in, I'm another failure this month and last month. But I know you all get it, but also know it doesn't have to be this way.

Dee, yes, I do need more support. I have for a while now. I love Sr, but it is too easy to disappear. I just don't know what anymore.

Erin.. I hope his mood settles and you can have a better evening.

About an hour ago, I was ready to go to the store for more beer. But I decided against it, much to the Misery of my AV. I guess most of us are like this but it's SO uncomfortable for me to just stop Drinking. I typically just drink right til I get in bed. Now I'm irritable, but honestly just wish I hadn't drank at all. Please don't let this post get your AV going because TRUST ME...it's just an utter and complete waste of time. My dad still has cancer, I still lost the man I love, I am still lonely, I still worry about ..everything. But now I have all that plus having to deal with the effects of that poison rather than working through it and finding ways to build strength and be a better me.

Thanks for keeping me around. I'm gonna get this, I promise.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Maximus, Don't worry about the Me posts, I do the same too often but this is what we are all here for. To share and help.
I get what you are saying and I am in a similar boat, so I'm not sure I have a solution. For financial and time reasons, so many options are just not a possibility for me and AA has never felt like a good fit either. I think we each have to come up with our own plan.. And find what works for us. I get some good ideas just reading around here on Sr. Don't get discouraged. We can find our way...
Old 01-24-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi,

Just watching " the fall" on netflix. It's pretty good!
Hi Fabl, don't beat yourself up, I'm on day 1 again, lets just keep going xoxo

Erin: aw hug!!

Shannon: happy bday!

Max: just try to go with the flow, anytime there is a scenerio where 2 or more humans get together, they start forming their own socail norms and ideas and expect others to go along with it and then get mad when they don't. My major is sociology so I study this all the time.
It's very annoying.

Hi Omo!!!

I turned 32 on jan 7 :-)
Old 01-24-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
OX

Hey everybody.
Hugs FABL. Big strong comfort hugs

Hey Erin. I loved your enthusiasm for the date.sorry to hear he's grumpy. Can't imagine anybody not appreciating the work you put into your toes.
I get grumpy for no reason sometimes. And for reasons too. Maybe Get a little sugar going. Your disappointment Makes me want to change my behavior around my lady.

Started back to work yesterday. Giving tours in the area. It will be slow till the season gets going but it's just good to be back doing something that pays some $. Had good feedback and have some hours lined up for next week.

I'm 41. Enthusiast and peacemaker according to rheti thing

I have tried a few AA meetings but have mainly used AVRT. I recommend anyone struggling to have a look at it. Pretty eye opening. It's simple but still not easy.

Happy Birthday Shannon.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Tired

Shannon, happy birthday! Another year, another beginning. Hard, but such possibility!

Max, yes indeed the anger at it all. I am myself raging so much and I wilt and rage again. It sucks, it is widely infuriating, it is one fat piece of s**t to tolerate. Oh heaven give me patience, I feel like nuking all to Hades. My way, or the highway. My high tolerance for others becomes nil when applied to my own life. Oh I become the wolf entire. I hate the half hearted help. It enrages me. Get out of my way, or face my insane, trying to be sober,fury. *laughs* It is a trip, no?

FABL, you are awesome for staying with us. Oh it sucks....but rear up again, dear one. Tonight you stopped. You rock for that. Keep at it.

Jsbodhi, hugs!!

Bigshoe! More hugs!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Double posted. Intended message below.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erin8 View Post
Hey I know this has been asked already but can we all repeat our ages?
I'm 26.
41 but not for long. Will submit a pick in all my badassness... Err... glory

Once I figure it out.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ok seriously?!? I go to dinner for a few hours and come back to trying to keep up with everyone's posts!! whew...ok think I've got the gist of what's going on now!

First I want to give huge hugs to Della! I'm so glad you're part of this class and you're honesty is awesome! On top of that you always make me smile!

Erin, I hope you still get to go out tonight! And I'm sure your toes look lovely!

Hi bigshoe! We've been missing you around here! What a neat job! And I'll bet you're good at it since you're so personable!

Max...AVRT is what I use. There's a really awesome Sticky by freshstart57 at the top of the Secular Connections forum that really helps explain the AVRT concept. Check it out when you have a minute.

Fabl...hugs coming your way too! I'm so glad you posted tonight! You'll always be part of this family.... you're pretty much stuck with us, sorry!! I know we've talked about different things you could do for extra support, face to face stuff....wondering if you've reconsidered giving one of those a try? Love you and cheering for you!

Copper...I wouldn't feel wanted if I wasn't getting teased! of course, you know it's politically incorrect to tease crippled people...just saying....ha

And omorose..tonks has been devastated by your absence! Thank god your back so he'll stop moping around!!

Oh...And I'm 37!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi badass cast! Ooh...I like the sound of that! Your new official name around here!! Yay!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
...holds the key

And Princess Shannon....glad you were treated accordingly on your big day!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your input and advice. I will check out avrt as well.

OMO, gosh! We think alike! I'm not angry at all, just concerned about my recovery methods . Trying to find my way, that's all. Its really not about MY way, or the highway, I just don't want to be going the WRONG direction on that highway, ya know? That could be a disaster when I thought I was going the right way, yes?

I refuse to state my age here folks, sorry.........
Gotta opt out of this poll. Let's just say old enuff to know better......
Will leave it at that!

Nite all, blessings.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

All this talk of toes and I just looked at mine....Yikes!!! You can tell it's not flip flop weather and that I am single lolol
Old 01-24-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Hey! I wish someone wouldve told me before that it's been my toes this whole time
Old 01-24-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Copper, jsbodi & Della... Glad we are all still here no matter what.

Happy birthday Shannon!

I'm off to bed, I will be thankful tomorrow that I stopped when I did and ready for my last day one.

Oh.. I am 44
Old 01-24-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good Evening Littermates.
Brynn, you summed up all the many posts so perfect. Ditto.

Happy Birthday Princess Sister Shannon!

Movie date was very fun. We had the same experience with the audience at American Sniper - you could hear a pin drop when folks were leaving. I think they were shocked because they have no clue about the realities of war let alone the sand wars.
Nice light dinner after. Fun to be on a date and be in the moment rather than drunk and out of it.
I'm 59 - looks like I'm the oldest in the litter and so I'll take the Jewish mother role.
I love the stooges BTW.
I was Enthusiast with 7 and Helper with 5 - interesting test.
Watching the original Die Hard. What a hoot.