Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 6

Old 01-25-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Kittycat- it sounds like it is time for a new hobby! What have you always wanted to do?

Dax- you do look 25!! What is your secret. Not fair.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Wow, I'm intimidated by all the stone cold foxes prowling around our litter! Nice to see all of your gorgeous faces.

Brynn, I did the research and apparently it IS politically correct and even encouraged for one cripple to tease another.

Erin, don't underestimate the amount of "grown-upness" it took to physically have a bottle and pour it out! Regardless of how else you may have acted, I count that as a win.

Kitty, it does help knowing we aren't alone in our struggles!!!! Mariah had some really good points (you should listen to her! She is quite wise)

Mariah, I'm not so bright in the dating arena but I've heard that the more you work on you and love yourself others can't help but flock to ya. You'll be beating them back with a stick in no time. Keep doin you, girl!!

Tonks......there are no words.

Fabl, you continue to amaze me. Seriously. You never give up. I can literally feel your determination and it is inspiring and uplifting. Please continue to share your life with us. The good, bad, ugly, whatever. My heart is with you today, dear one.

Day 3. Insert all the unpleasant horrors on early sobriety and that's where I am. No need to drone on. I went to church this morning as I was recruited to watch the children from 3-6 years of age. I'm normally scared to death of other people's kids as I don't want anything to happen to them on my watch and I dreaded it anyway since I'm dealing with withdrawals and such but man! These kids melted my heart. There were three precious little girls and they just clung to me. So trusting. One climbed up into my lap and went to sleep. Those kids make me want to stay sober. I never want to be in a position where I could not take care of a child or anyone for that matter.

I also got great news last night and terrible news. The bad news is one of my friends was placed in a mental institution yesterday because of their drinking. This guy is very very bad off and it broke my heart. Especially since he is leaving behind a small child. What's sick about it all is once I found out my initial reaction was to drink and use. Pathetic really. I'm hoping he can get himself together soon.

The good news is I got a cushy office job in addition to my temporary job! I'm going to try to work both unless they conflict because I really need the money so I can start studying for my professional certification. This new job pays amazing. It might be possible for me to move out on my own before I move away which would be a great opportunity at a trial run. I moved out at 18 but I had a roommate who was very mothering so I got to keep drinking. This time it would all fall on me. Either way it gives me hope for the future which I haven't had in years.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Love seeing your faces. I'm too paranoid to post mine though.

Ha I'll show my toes if you show yours tonks! Rofl
Old 01-25-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi kitty! I think we're all learning how to live again to some degree. Drinking was such an isolating and time consuming activity, at least for me. It's kinda neat rediscovering the interests I used to have and finding new ones. It's like there's this whole world out there I forgot existed!

Mariah...why do you think you'd end up with another alcoholic? I don't think you're doomed to only having relationships with alcoholics!

Hi Js! I'm on an iPad too and I don't know how to do anything on here! BBQ might though....she helped me the other day!

And tonks....why would I ever want to change you, my friend?!?! . Love you plaid toe socks and all!!
My experience at American Sniper was totally different than yours, tonks. There wasn't a peep coming from anyone. A lot of tears. A lot of cringing at the awful choices he had to make.

Oh Erin! I'm so sorry the night didn't turn out like you wanted! But I'm super proud of you for dumping the booze! you did good!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi copper!! Yes, cripples can tease each other...so watch out!!

I'm really sorry about your friend. Just because your first reaction was to drink doesn't mean you flicked in any way....it was just a thought. The main thing is that you shut it down and didn't drink/use! Way to go!!

And congrats on the job!! You'll be in your own place in no time!!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Erin....I may not leave mine on here for the sake of anonymity, but is nice to have a face with the name.

Copper....so sorry about your friend, heartbreaking stuff & hope that he gets the help he needs to find a new way of living life. Great going on the new job!! Excited for you
Old 01-25-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

I love all the pics!!! What a good looking group.

Sorry about your friend Copper but maybe he will get much needed help. Congrats on the job! Don't wear yourself out with 2 though. Keep your eye on the prize

Brynn hope you are feeling a bit better every day! Xoxoxoxo
Old 01-25-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Easy does it there, old timer. You don't want to go toe-to-toe with all this! Round these here parts I'm the queen of teasing. Us McCoys play dirty.

Since we have shared family linage, I am a descendant of the McCoys. From the Hatfield and McCoys. Just a fun little tidbit.

Btw brynn, this is war.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
...holds the key

By the way, copper....that was supposed to say 'failed' in any way.....not 'flicked'! Ha!!

Mariah...gorgeous! Glad to see another blond in the family!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I couldn't get mine smaller, I have to update ipad for the app you posted dax, will do later
I put a photo in my picture album, I think that worked, could someone look and let me know? Thanks!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Ah... There you is, Js! Adorable!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Okay here I am. I am going to delete it in a little bit. Hope you all have a great day. Going to help my husband with some work stuff.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Guys! Guys! Guys!

I feel giddy that I am sober 30 days. Because there have been moments when I really wanted to drink. And I didn't. There have been moments when I really missed feeling different. But those moments pass. And because of that I'm sitting here sober. And I know that it's as simple as that. If I keep doing that day by day, I will stay sober. And that's it.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
...holds the key

You did it, Js! Yay! I can't post pics either...I can't even figure out how to update my signature!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daxemus View Post
Ah... There you is, Js! Adorable!
Ok its there, thanks dax xoxo
Old 01-25-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

You should feel giddy!!

J I can't see your pic

Mid lovely!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Midwest!

Congrats Dax on 30 Awesome days! yay!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

K try again
Old 01-25-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

And the lovelies just keep on comin!!! Our family is super hot.....and that is okay to say because we are not related.....yeah, I'm sticking with it.

Daxman!! 30 days is epic! I can still recall a lot of your posts from the early days. You've come a long way. Keep it up, bro!

Brynn, thank you for clearing that up. I tried and tried to figure out what you meant. Then I saw that you identified yourself as blonde....I don't think I need to say more.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Dax, 30 days is an amazing accomplishment. Happy that you're with us!!