Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 6

Old 01-25-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Yeesh, who knew I was surrounded by loveliness inside and out. Some very beautiful people here

Brynndalynn, why are you trying to change me?!? Love me for me! And my plaid toe socks!

Fable... just keep swimming.

Mld, what's a WHOvian?

I saw American Sniper the other day while out with someone and I just wasn't a fan. I really didn't like how they portrayed certain things, especially inaccuracies and kept having to remind myself that it was just a movie, made for entertainment. I also felt sick to my stomach when people would applaud at someone being killed. I just... I have very different opinions about those sort of things. If anyone enjoyed the film for what it was, I'm glad... just remember it was only a film and only partially a truth. People on the way out of the theater were so ecstatic about the "history" they just learned. I was sad.

Anyways! Was supposed to go running but feeling super duper lazy. Might say screw it and take an off day. Still applying to jobs in case this other one doesn't work out for whatever reason. Tomorrow I need to hunt down my immunization records from my old job and go pick up some things from storage hmm etc etc hmm..

I made a PB&J for breakfast and I'm thinking it was a mistake. Time to brush my teeth. Again.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Tonks- we need a picture of this so we can help you out better. LOL
HA! Don't tempt me, I'd have everyone cringing at their screens
Old 01-25-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Plaid toe socks even better!!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

A whovian is someone who watches a lot of the BBC series, Dr. Who. It's been around, on and off, since the 60's. Great sci-fi show. Tons of fun.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

My sexy toenails didn't do the trick. :/
Lol .. I usually don't do anything like that. 98% of the time my hair is up. No makeup. Jeans and t shirt.
So it was just a little extra effort.
It did not go well last night. I let his attitude towards me really get to me.
I totally overreacted though. It was a disaster.
Ended up pouring a bottle of tequila down the drain.
Didn't drink any of it, thankfully, but I got so close again.
Ugh. I hope I grow up soon. I cannot handle stress in healthy ways.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

You are growing up...you poured the bottle out! I think it probably takes a lot of sobriety to process stress in a healthy manner!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Originally Posted by erin8 View Post
My sexy toenails didn't do the trick. :/
Lol .. I usually don't do anything like that. 98% of the time my hair is up. No makeup. Jeans and t shirt.
So it was just a little extra effort.
It did not go well last night. I let his attitude towards me really get to me.
I totally overreacted though. It was a disaster.
Ended up pouring a bottle of tequila down the drain.
Didn't drink any of it, thankfully, but I got so close again.
Ugh. I hope I grow up soon. I cannot handle stress in healthy ways.
I agree with Della, it sounds like you've grown quite a lot! Awesome job Erin
Old 01-25-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Oh I just haven't told y'all the details of last night. It's embarrassing. I acted like a child.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

But I didn't drink so. . there's that.
another day. Maybe next time I'll keep my stuff together.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hey all, enjoying keeping up with all of you, even tho I'm not replying much. It helps to know how we are all struggling with this sobriety thing.

I'm feeling a little restless and unmoored right now. Now that I'm sober, what now? Even tho I'm grateful to be here in my cozy home, cat curled up on lap, newspaper to read, food in my fridge, and a job to pay the bills, maybe all that isn't enough.

Thankful to have a clear head though, and not to be sitting here awash in regret for any bad drunken behavior last night. Usually it's this kind of boredom that tricks me into thinking I can drink. I am committed to not letting that happen. So now what?!? Tell me December class ha ha.

Just thinking aloud....lol
Old 01-25-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Good job not drinking Erin. Be gentle with yourself, you should feel good about that!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Well done Erin! Very proud of you!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Kitty......What new activities might you enjoy to fill those times of boredom. so many. many things to do, far better than drinking. For me, its strength training, walking.....I'm ready to start gardening again & excited about that.....dirt is great therapy.

Sorry about last night Erin, but the main thing is that you did not drink....be proud of yourself for that, apologize for anything you might need to apologize for & move forward.....today is a new day

Tonks.....I'm with Brynnderella on the intervention......you need help

MLD....I have 53 days today too & am 51 years old....I think you said you also are a "loyalist" from the test? I'm a redhead too.......we're a dangerous lot

FABL (hugs) to you......so, so happy to hear the resolve & determination in your post. You deserve a life without the drink.....we all do. Thoughts of strength your & hoping things go OK with your Dad today.

Im having a tough time this week-end. I have been single for year & for the most part, really OK with that, very independent & for a long time, busy raising my Sons. Now, they are all but grown (teen still at home & 21 year old just moved back to catch up on things)....although I have 53 days today, I have a lot of sober time over this last year & have "grown", much more confident, happy & am just at a point where I'm ready to have a man in my life. I thought about going out the last two nights, but honestly I would likely meet another alcoholic & every relationship I've ever been in has been with an alcoholic. Anyway, just some of those "raw feelings" surfacing that I didn't really know were there. I plan on learning to golf this spring/summer, which will be a good activity to get me out & maybe meet someone that way

Love & strength to you all!!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Kitty cat - I can totally relate to the "what now" feeling. I'm glad to be sober and to have friends and family who support me, but I need something more at this point. I need to have a full-time job, but I can't really get one until I get my license back and get through my court stuff for the DUI.

So I'm thinking hobbies. Stuff I can do at home. So I'm spending time researching things I can do - maybe even something I can make and sell. That's helping me get through the times when I'm feeling restless.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Love seeing the faces here....really awesome! Think I will try & get mine posted
Old 01-25-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Mariah - I'm not *really* a redhead. My hair does have some red tones to it, and that picture brings them out. I used to sometimes color my hair with temporary hair dye to bring out a little more of the red - I might do that again soon just for fun. It does make me feel more dangerous.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I tried to put my pic on my avatar, but it keeps saying it too big from my photos.
I'm on an ipad, can someone help!
Day 2 and the weather is beautiful!!!!
Feeling a bit down, but that's ok
Old 01-25-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I tried to put my pic on my avatar, but it keeps saying it too big from my photos. I'm on an ipad, can someone help! Day 2 and the weather is beautiful!!!! Feeling a bit down, but that's ok
There is a free app in the App Store that lets you resize images:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/resi...409547517?mt=8
Old 01-25-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I am on a Kindle and I just had to keep cropping it till it fit...

Mariah I know just what you are saying...my kids are both out of the house and I know I need to work on myself but it would be nice to have a companion for some things.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

We've been blessed with another gorgeous weather day here in the south. I'm going outside to enjoy it. I'll check in with you fab people later!