Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 15

Old 01-30-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hey all

I am fully rested and loving waking up on Sober Saturday.

Great hair pink! And scooter, that's an incredible loss of pounds. Well done you! You are like a new woman.

Ultra, what a great plan on the running. You keep inspiring me to keep going when my legs hurt!

It's great to see the check ins.

Cute - thats a week at work down. Hoping you are feeling good and the sushi was great.

1 step keep posting here - you are going to do this.

Choobie - your posts continue to inspire me.

Determined - I hope you are doing good! Sure sounds like it :-

I like the positive energy just now.

For me today is AA and hiding away at home as its cold! Although London has escaped the snow, the weather is poor, so I think some good food, TV and rest in the warm is called for later.

No lottery win to report this week folks :-( Ha ha.

Last day of January - known. As the worst month but actually I feel like I have had a really good one. Later I am going back to review progress on my 2015 goals so far.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Sober Saturday!
Been for walk, cooked breakfast omlettes, now chilling with a coffee watching reruns of Dexter! Going to bingo with my mum today, that will be an experience lol, then will hit the study books. 1000 words needed by Friday and I haven't started yet......I can do this though ☺ study on a Saturday night?! Would have been well through my first bottle of wine by 7pm!

Hope you all have a fab Saturday, it's cold and blustery out there, keep safe everyone xxx
Old 01-31-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Shakin it Saturday! Funny how new routines start, I look forward to starting my day and knowing three will be wake up posts from my team mates in the UK! Just having coffee and starting on a positive vibration.

AV has been poking around. Planning vacation and thoughts of trying again popped in my head. But honestly, I cannot imagine losing these feelings I have with me 24/7. Pride, confidence, peace, strength, patience, compassion, joy and optimism delivered with an alarming lack of restraint. Trading that for a glass of floor cleaner marketed by a girl in a bikini just does not seem like a fair deal.

After all life boils down to three Cardinal rules as set forth below, and henceforth obeyed by this team;

"One, you have to love yourself. Two, you have to eat healthy foods. And three, you have to squeeze your buns!" Richard Simmons.

Wiggle.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

ah determind, you got me smiling. better get my wiggle on!!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Good morning!

London, I agree- The team seems filled with positive energy at this time. I am pleased with my weight loss, my hair AND most of all, my brother - counseling seems to be working for them - either that or the s-i-l realizes that the house is only in his name, and if they divorce, he is selling it and splitting the equity. She wants the house, not the husband, but that is not going to work, so she is trying to make the marriage work. The business is in her name, but since he is a senior chemical engineer at a major oil company, he does not need one cent of that - although, if it does come to a divorce, I will make sure he gets 50% of it! Enough of that, things are good with him for now - I talked with him yesterday - he called for a nephew's address as he was at the post office mailing a birthday card and did not want to go home to look it up.

Determined, I am getting my wiggle on! Just hope I don't whack someone with the wiggle and send them flying.

Dry, happy to hear from you!

London, I wish we had all taken photos of ourselves on Day One to compare with how we look as we reach Day 180. Of course, I always hid from the camera at that point; I did not want to see reality.

Today is Day One of the next miserable 50 Day Walk/Jog called Wither Winter Away! As much as I complain about it, I am going to do it. But, not right now! It is 10 degrees and snowing, with the wind blowing the snow sideways. I am not leaving this house until after the snow stops - which should be late morning. This is NOT the big storm headed toward us, just a nuisance one.

For fun today I am making peanutbutter and chocolate fudge to bring to a Superbowl party tomorrow. And, I am going to eat as much as I want today and tomorrow- to celebrate the weight loss I will eat, eat, eat. I will get back on track Monday morning.

Have a happy, safe and sober day everyone.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Thanks London! I read a running quote the other day, "It hurts now but one day it will be your warm up!". You're really going to enjoy your 10k because you'll have put in enough time to be totally prepared.

So Pink, is Dexter to make up for your recent Disney marathon?

We're cleaning up today for a Superbowl Party at our house tomorrow (I leave for the airport at 3:30am the Monday).
Old 01-31-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Morning!
1step, stick around! Take it one day at a time and know that things will get better in their own time as long as we stay sober. You can do it!

Love your cool, awesome hair, Pink!

Gotta go-I have early morning zumba to wiggle through! Every time I go, I prepare by a short stretch and set a goal for the workout. Something like concentrating on my core, upper arms, etc. I don't think of it during the whole hour, but at the end, whichever area I mentally focused on prior to Zumba is always fatigued. That's the power of intention.

Grateful for:
A keypad on my car so I can warm it up in the mornings
an early morning conversation with my youngest about metaphysics-would have still been sleeping if I'd been drinking!
Still really happy about grape stevia for water
hello kitty lip gloss tastes exactly like it did 30 years go

Saturday! Whooo!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Scooter, I have a picture of me from a few days before I quit. I thought I looked ok. I looked like death.

Determined-Whenever I think of those fleeting moments where drinking felt good, I think of this:

"...we all long for true and beautiful moments that we'd love to hang onto. We all know what it's like to wish for time to stand still, for the moment to stop, but of course this doesn't happen. If it were up to me it would, but I'm simply not able to stop time or make some temporal thing eternal. No matter how much I'd like the pleasure to continue, I can't even smell lilacs for more than 30 seconds and have my senses un-dulled. I can't make the clock stand still or a beautiful moment last. Time moves on. Whatever it is that controls the temporal and eternal is not me" (can't find exact author to credit)

I think if you need girls in bikini's to sell it, it's probably not worth the price. Beer and Axe, for example

Hope you have fun at bingo, Pink! You've inspired me to call my mother and invite her to run errands with me
Old 01-31-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Scooter, what a great post on photos.

So I actually have a picture from a party the day before I woke up and went "that's it" - like Choobie I looked at it when it was taken and thought, looks OK. It's awful but powerful to look at - bloated, red face but also grey, dull eyes, just a knackered human who looks like he is about to become very ill, or is ill already. I shall keep it to look at once every few weeks, painful as it is.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday evening. Just doing a quick post before my TV marathon :-)
Old 01-31-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Evening all still sober, got my girls over this weekend and its nice to have them clear-headed, really trying to do the right next thing day to day, I have a habit of looking too far ahead and getting overwhelmed by the road ahead, but I know my head and emotions will get better.

Still got major issues with ex- too much to go into now but need to minimise contact as much as I can as she's still playing games and I need to get the strength to move on once and for all, she's met someone else but insists to me that they're just friends saying she wants us to be a family again, when I start to think it could happen I find she's stayed at the guys house 3nights this week and dumped my girls at her grandmothers' place, the most hurtful thing is that my eldest daughter told me without me asking anything.

Im going to tell her tomorrow that I want no more contact in person or by phone and that correspondence concerning my girls should be limited to texts unless there's an emergency. Its hard but its been going on too long now and its not helping my recovery.

Making some other tough decisions that Ive failed to do in past sobriety efforts, Im ignoring all calls and texts from 'friends' wanting me to go out drinking with them, when Im strong enough Im going to send them all a text explaining that I cant go out with them anymore. Also a friend has taken to calling me late at night drunk, Ive tried to help as much as I can but for now I need to look after my own sobriety and that means not answering their calls after 10pm.

Anyway, Im as good as I can be at this point, my health isn't great and I need regular blood tests monitoring my liver and have major stomach issues but Im sober and God its sooooo much better than the hell I was in drinking.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Feeling off today...really tired, really conflicted. I'm conflicted because I feel this struggle between taking care of myself and taking care of other peoples needs. I hate it. For example, I am perfectly happy going to work and relaxing at home the rest of the time. I talk so much at work and give so much of myself there I feel like I don't have much left for anyone else. Problem is, my husband wants to socialize and make friends. I really don't want to. I have a friend in our new city and I feel bad that I haven't been spending time w her but I just want to stay home. On the other hand I wonder if I am really living or enjoying life if I just work and come home.

Doing good with not drinking. There have been a few things I've seen on tv that makes me feel like I am not alone in this battle...I've noticed that tv shows have characters who struggle w drinking and some binge drinking. Did you know that Joe Namath had a drinking problem too? I saw am interview, he sounded like me. He said "I'd have a glass of wine here, a glass of wine there and before you know it, I was drunk".
Old 01-31-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Thanks pink and scooter. Glad to see you got your wiggle on!

Choobie thanks for the words in your post. Ironically I am reading it sitting in a bar waiting on take out Indian food. The beer taps appealed for a second then I logged on from my phone. Divine timing my friend!

Eye on the freakin prize.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

I'm on the tablet so can't scroll back, so will have to write lots of posts to say everything i need to!
Scooter the peanut butter creation sounds fab! Really proud of your 50 day wither winter away commitment, great that you're doing it again, your weight loss will continue with all that exercise. I'm so glad that' things are better for you now, have been rooting for you 😊 xxx
Old 01-31-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Ultra, dexter totally made up for the Disney run! I feel much more like me! How's the training going? X
Old 01-31-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Choobie love your post and grateful list today! Metaphysics in the morning kicks ass compared to a hangover! Brilliant stuff! Great work on the Zumba, your power of intention is inspiring x didn't win at bingo, but was great to have lunch with my mum anyways, I'm very lucky to have her, she's very precious to me x
Old 01-31-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

1 step that's a great post. You are working hard, identifying triggers, planning how to deal with problems, s, planning how to do this, all really great stuff to read. I have faith in you 1 step. Take it day by day, you have a great perspective on this and I think this will be very important in your journey. Keep strong, keep going xxx
Old 01-31-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Rahh keep at it. Lovely to hear that you're In control with your drinking. Listen to your head and heart about situations. If your comfortable being with just yourself right now, then do that. Hope your husband is being supportive to you. One day at a time they soon become weeks, you're doing really well 😊
Old 01-31-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Awesome Pink! I've taken a bit of time off from running this winter but plans are in place begining March through November.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Today is day 6!!
Old 01-31-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back on track Rah
D