Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 15

Old 01-26-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

duplicate
Old 01-26-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Cute, you're going to beat this.

I'm reminded of the Knight in Monty Python who continues to fight although he suffers some serious set backs. After his second arm is cut off he proclaims, "It's just a flesh wound!" and continues the battle.

Well done.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Scooter, why do I think "she who will not be named" will try to segue your suggestion into a book club game of "truth or dare"- or recount said experiences in her past?

Glad you enjoyed your day.

My first meeting was postponed due to weather. So, one week at home until flying to the West coast a couple of hours after the Superbowl.

Stay Strong Team.

I went back to "Part 1" of the thread for a few minutes yesterday. Many folks have come and gone which I'm sure is the norm in groups such as this. I choose to believe those no longer active are still pursuing their goal.

I'm proud of each of your unwavering commitment and really enjoy celebrating your continued successes!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Back at it. I wandered a bit, gave moderation a try. Didn't work. Overdid it last night. not feeling well today. Day 1 again.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

121 days since I made my commitment. 2 blackout episodes.- 13 drinks. Been under a lot of stress. Gave in and used drinking to relax. Day 1 again
Old 01-26-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good Morning!
Cute, keep doing it! Dee, as always, had good advice. We've all talked ourselves into "just this one" or any other reason for picking up, and we are here because the results are the same. People in AA know this, too. It IS our time and we CAN do it. You are still making progress-this is one more learning experience along the way!

This morning, grateful for:
time in the morning with the kids
crockpot recipe apps
that I have gained the freedom to choose that I want to do after work instead of being locked up at home with a drink
smoothies

Spent the last couple of nights with old thoughts about old problems that would have been a trigger to drink. Instead, I was able to question my own mind and found that base feeling of fear, apprehension, etc., from changing jobs and other things triggered those thoughts. Now I can just address those actual feelings instead of fighting a long chain reaction that leads to AV or sleepless nights. Progress.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Getting ready for work. Feelin mostly better but this is only day 4. So we'll see how this goes... Hopefully don't get written up or fired. Love to all.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Rah

D
Old 01-26-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hey all

It's very good to see you Rah. Keep going, you can do this!

I am super tired this evening. Ready for a real break from work instead of for the dentist! I will start looking for a few days I can take tomorrow in the diary and get them booked. Maybe just a long weekend to stay home and relax.

My country challenge is taking shape and so far I have booked mini trips to Romania and Malta. So I need 2 more to complete my 4 in 2015 aim. So lucky to have Europe on the doorstep and budget flights.

Hope everyone has had a great day. I am getting a super early night.

I will try something brand new this week pink, I need to figure out what! Maybe one of the gym classes like yoga? Never done it!
Old 01-26-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Took a look at some posts. Glad to see people are doing so well. I feel like a loser right now. Embarrassed. I guess moderation really doesn't work for me.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's absolutely no reason to beat yourself up Rah.

There's not one of us here who can moderate worth a damn - and there's not one of us who doesn't understand how you feel.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again

Maybe looking at alternative healthy ways to deal with stress may help?

D
Old 01-26-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Greetings,

Rah, I am THRILLED to see you back. I pm'd you. You belong with us!

I am hunkered down ready for the blizzard. I am not sure what was more wild this afternoon- the grocery store or the ocean!

They keep talking about the wind reaching 80mph and power outages, so I boiled eggs and baked chicken, potato and sweet potato and made a large salad; turned the heat up high and put a flashlight in every room in case we lose power. I have a stack of magazines to read from my sisters, and since it doesn't look like I will be going anywhere for two or three days, I decided I am going to go through my filing cabinet. Believe me, this is much different than my plans for all previous snowstorms - -when I only worried about one thing- having enough on hand to drink throughout the storm.

Ultra, when I told my friend Bob the title and subject of the book, he snorted and said I was asking for trouble even suggesting that book to the book club! I had two good laugh - when both of you commented on the reaction of "she who will not be named!"

Take care, everyone.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

So glad to be back.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Glad you are back, Rah! No judgement here, only understanding. Moderation doesn't work for us. Not that we haven't tried a million times! But there is peace, fulfillment to be gained by losing the poison. My biggest challenge in sobriety has been to love and accept myself unconditionally.

Wow 80 mph, Scooter? How do you stay warm during a power outage? I completely believe you that your main priority was making sure your glass was full. That was often my main priority.

4 countries this year, London! Please post pics of Malta
to when you go-always wanted to visit. I love yoga! But I'm very easy on myself and push my mind rather than body and focus on breath work.

January thaw today. It was 45°F! I didn't even wear a coat. Not very Minnesota-like. Can't complain!

See y'all in the morning.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:36 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Rah - I am glad you are glad to be back! Keep going, you can do this!

Cute - how did work go? Hoping all good

Just a quick check in as I am about to start work. It's cooooold today.

Wishing everyone a great day. Scooter - hunker down and enjoy your food and relax whilst the storm goes through
Old 01-27-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Rah!! Put that smile right back on that face! We got ya. Learn from it, let it strengthen your resolve.

Spring is coming! Oh to be present amongst the tulips...

Enjoy the snow while you still can. Gonna build an Olaf!

"Strength does not have to be belligerent and loud." Russell Brand.

Wonder at it all today.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

122 days since I made my commitment. Today is start of day 2. Trying to figure out how to keep track of my progress. Even though I slipped up and wandered a bit I had 120 days where I was sober. I'm still trying to figure things out. Got weak and tried moderation. I need to find a way to manage stress. I'm thinking of joining the Y. I feel really bad because I was doing well but then messed up again. I want to show my husband that I am doing better and then I go and mess up again. Yes, he was with me and overdid it too. Thanks for your support!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Good morning,

This is one wild storm! I can't tell how much snow we've already gotten because of the drifts, but I think at least 18 inches. They are forecasting this to continue throughout the day. Scooter went out the door on his long leash, immediately did what he had to do and came right back in. Mr. Boomerang looked outside and turned right around to use his litter box instead of his preferred outdoors.

Rah, the Y is great! They have many different classes available, or you can work out or swim on your own. It really helps my anxiety. As for your count, you might want to say something like Day 120 (122-2.) Those days certainly count. I have decided to switch from counting days when I reach six months and only count months from then on.

Cute, how are you?

Determined, I read your line about tulips, then looked out my window. YIKES!

Pink, how are you feeling?

Choobie, I have not lost power yet, but my lights have flickered a few times. I have the heat up high so it will take a while for the house to cool off. I have plenty of blankets, food that does not have to be heated and flashlights. Right now I have on shorts and a t-shirt; it is so hot in here! I was going to try a few different recipes, but that might not be the best idea with the lights flickering.

London, it looks like everyone is hunkered down! I have not seen one car or one person outside! The private plows have cleared the road at least three times.

Have a happy, safe and sober day, Team!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good Morning!
Scooter, your plan makes me feel better

This morning I am grateful for:
My daughter
Dawn arriving earlier
So many books to read
this new start in life

Old 01-27-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

hi all--just wanted to say "hi" and check in. Still motoring along with beautiful sobriety at 150 something days. Looking forward to 6 months and then 1 year. Glad to see everyone doing well. Thanks to Scooter for checking on me- all is well--more than well actually : )