View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Choobie

Scooter, I have a picture of me from a few days before I quit. I thought I looked ok. I looked like death.

Determined-Whenever I think of those fleeting moments where drinking felt good, I think of this:

"...we all long for true and beautiful moments that we'd love to hang onto. We all know what it's like to wish for time to stand still, for the moment to stop, but of course this doesn't happen. If it were up to me it would, but I'm simply not able to stop time or make some temporal thing eternal. No matter how much I'd like the pleasure to continue, I can't even smell lilacs for more than 30 seconds and have my senses un-dulled. I can't make the clock stand still or a beautiful moment last. Time moves on. Whatever it is that controls the temporal and eternal is not me" (can't find exact author to credit)

I think if you need girls in bikini's to sell it, it's probably not worth the price. Beer and Axe, for example

Hope you have fun at bingo, Pink! You've inspired me to call my mother and invite her to run errands with me