View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
rah555

Feeling off today...really tired, really conflicted. I'm conflicted because I feel this struggle between taking care of myself and taking care of other peoples needs. I hate it. For example, I am perfectly happy going to work and relaxing at home the rest of the time. I talk so much at work and give so much of myself there I feel like I don't have much left for anyone else. Problem is, my husband wants to socialize and make friends. I really don't want to. I have a friend in our new city and I feel bad that I haven't been spending time w her but I just want to stay home. On the other hand I wonder if I am really living or enjoying life if I just work and come home.

Doing good with not drinking. There have been a few things I've seen on tv that makes me feel like I am not alone in this battle...I've noticed that tv shows have characters who struggle w drinking and some binge drinking. Did you know that Joe Namath had a drinking problem too? I saw am interview, he sounded like me. He said "I'd have a glass of wine here, a glass of wine there and before you know it, I was drunk".