Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 13

Old 01-10-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Morning all

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry to hear of Aiden's relationship with his dad Tam As you say it's so hard to understand how some parents can be like that. It's great you are looking forward to your marriage. Whilst mine is no longer I am still a great supporter of the institution and wish you all the very best

courage-I think you are right. He is miserable and unhappy and i must not forget how much I have hurt him. He called yesterday and genuinely did not understand why I was so cross. He said it is difficult for him to call.I said it needn't be-it's not like I live with another man or anything. He said he knew if there was a problem with Sam I would have called him. I think it just shows the fundamental difference between men and women! Anyway, I must be a nice person and more understanding.

That's a good concept to use courage and you know it works. No one ever woke up glad they'd had a drink the night before. I hope the bad feelings ease soon.

How are you Napster? What's the weather like down there? It's pretty wild up here. We've had power cuts locally but amazingly mine hasn't gone off YET!! Will build both fires for heat and light just in case anyway.

Thnking of all who've not been around for a while.
Happy Sober Saturday and have a lovely weekend
Old 01-13-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been absent, very busy with administrative business for the upcoming nuptials. The timing of this couldn't have been worse financially (right after Christmas?!?!) but I think that we have everything that we need now. I got my dress yesterday. I ordered my size, I even went by the sizing chart and I'm delighted to report that it's slightly big! If I had time, I would have it taken in. yay zumba and circuit classes! I hope it's ok to post the link here, this is the dress.

[URL="http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/tickling-the-ivories-dress-in-creme"]

I'm making a veil, my partner and my son have their clothes all ready and pressed, we have a friend coming over tonight who worked at a floral shop. And all of the paperwork and classes are done.

RAL, how is Sam? Any better? No scars? Are you still doing your painting for part time work? It's ok, also... about Aiden and his father. He has a good home where he has two parents who care for him. He is curious sometimes about his father and I explain to him that sometimes people are worried about responsibility and that it isn't him. We will see what happens later.

Courage, what's going on? Where are you at the moment? Still traveling?

Taz, how is the AV? Work still going well?

Hi Dee, gonzo, Napster, marria, Alice (how the heck are you Alice?!?), fallow!

Everyone have a good one!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
p***enger

That's a lovely dress tam, and it will look beautiful on you!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

It's a beautiful dress Tam. Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow and hope you have a wonderful future full of health and happiness Will be thinking of you xx
Old 01-14-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hope you're having a wonderful day Tam.

I like the whack-a-mole analogy Courage, I think job-wise it's was about chasing basic salary and wanting to work for the biggest and best while I was drinking, then I stopped drinking first time once I'd achieved that (working for biggest and best) but things weren't how I expected them to be so needed to up my game and stopping drinking was part of that.

Stopping drinking didn’t help as for the first time it was the job that was wrong (as well) too which lead to me leaping into the fire with the job in Dec 14 which was a mistake I regretted badly and when I left there AV really got stuck in with the “wasn’t about drinking after all was it, it’s not your fault plus you’ve just gone through a really stressful time so why not have a drink” (pour me, pour me).

My existing position was in a new team headed by a guy I’ve known for years and looked good – since then both he and everyone else in the team has left - as politically its turned out that other teams would have been very embarrassed had we succeeded so worked hard to not help us.

As of the 5th Jan I’m starting again inside one of the old teams and find myself starting from nearly scratch again (from a sales pipeline perspective) and there is therefore a sober head thinking that if I’ve got to start again anyway then I may as well do this at a company that’s 7 miles down the road from where I live instead of in The City 80 miles away. About £450 a month goes in train fare so if I can get a few more ££ on the basic salary (yeah I know) and save on the train fare I will be much better off every month and will be out of the house from 08:00 till 18:00 instead of 06:15 till 20:00. Got a 2nd interview booked so we shall see.

I’ve got 2 big deals on the go that if they close I’ll be King of the Hill and may as well stay, if they don’t then I’ll be so far behind I may as well bow out.

Hugs and best wishes for all :o)
Old 01-14-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations on the big day, Tamerua!

I'm not sure what this is, but it came up when I searched for an animation of throwing a bridal bouquet, so it's obviously meant to be:

Old 01-14-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hope you are having a wonderful day Tam.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Tam

D
Old 01-15-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi! Thanks for thinking of me yesterday!!!

I am hitched officially. And I will answer a few of the common questions for you in case you were wondering. Lol

We are not exchanging last names, mine isn't common and I like it. And I call my partner by her last name so....

We are not taking a honeymoon yet, possibly a short trip during the summer.

We are having a small sober gathering in a couple of weeks and maybe an "everyone" thing at our house later.

We are going to look into step parent adoption soon.

So, wedding pics!!!

http://flic.kr/p/qPsjsh

http://flic.kr/p/qx5BEk

http://flic.kr/p/pSwiGU

http://flic.kr/p/qPn6nP

http://flic.kr/p/qwX9QS
Old 01-16-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Congratulations Tam!!! Thanks for the pics. Your dress looks gorgeous and it looked a really sunny day too Did you have a lovely day? Do you feel any different?

The weather is pretty wild here. it's so so cold and we were without power all day yesterday until the early hours this morning. All back on now though more gales forecast. Am keeping it brief as need to keep moving to keep warm
Old 01-16-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi! I feel the same.'lol we have been together a while, have seen the boy through elementary school to now shaving and in high school and bought a house together a couple of years ago. To us, we were already married.

And I liked the dress! Especially for the price!! The whole album is open, it doesn't really compromise my anonymity so I can leave it out there for SR. That means more pet pics for you all.

That is wild weather! Everything back to normal? You didn't get any damage to the house did you?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

I liked your shoes Tam...

Have a great weekend gang
Old 01-16-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Thanks Dee! Me too! Lol
Old 01-16-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Quick post and check in. Congrats again Tam! Work has taken a strange shift. After being there for 3 months the bosses realized that I have not had an assigned FTO for 2 of those months, things are not getting check off, evals not being done on me,,etc. I am scheduled to go on days in Feb, which is the most demanding of the shifts, so they have now assigned me an FTO, changed me from 4 10 hour days to 5 8 hour days. given me a packet of cr*p that I should have had 2 months ago,,,, even my new FTO is shaking his head about how this ball got dropped, he seemed really supportive though. And I managed not to burst into tears over the whole deal, which is something.
Tomorrow I am helping a scout troop get their Search and Rescue badge, which will be interesting as I have not dealt with 13-15 year old boys much,, boy will my AV be jumping up and down at me tomorrow night!!

Stay strong all and keep in touch!! (says the person who posts least of everyone,,, )
Old 01-16-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi dolls,

Thanks for posting the pictures, Tam -- I loved them -- your shoes and the shine on your partner's! And I believe I caught a glimpse of your Aiden! Congratulations and many happy anniversaries to you & your partner!

Napster, your profession would drive me insane with anxiety! What are you doing to manage the stress?

Ready, I hope your storms have settled down.

Hi Tazz! Probably they neglected to supervise you correctly because you can handle yourself well. And now they have to fix their paper trail. I'm sure you'll be fine, but you might want to see if you can get a written acknowledgment that they didn't follow procedures for your evaluations just in case something gets weird down the road....

I've been a hermit since getting back to NYC. Except for a couple of AA meetings, I've mostly stayed in bed. But I went in to meet with the minion for a few hours today, and tonight, my last night on my own, I went out for an uncharacteristically Italian dinner with a colleague. One thing I've learned -- it doesn't kill me to be friendly. True, I feel kind of icky now -- overstimulated and overfull. But it was time to get up and face the world. I'm hopelessly awkward tho -- and more so sober than when I was drinking, I think. Do you all find yourself looking at your sober selves and thinking, "what a geek?"

Naw, not possible. It's just me.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by tazzle View Post
Tomorrow I am helping a scout troop get their Search and Rescue badge, which will be interesting as I have not dealt with 13-15 year old boys much,
Having taught kids ages 12-20, for outdoor hands-on activities, I expect you'll have a blast!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a proud geek

D
Old 01-16-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
D
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Congrats Tam, thats awesome. Been away for a few days, was up at a condo at the local ski hill here. Legs feel like I ran a few marathons in the snow but was fun.

Football playoffs today, go 'Hawks.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi guys and guyettes --

I just found out that one of my cousins killed himself, and that my brother who has serious mental health problems went off his meds and isn't doing very well. I need to reach out to my brother tonight but would rather stick my head in the sand. But I'll do it. But a virtual pat on the back would help.

thanks.