Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 13

Old 12-25-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

merry Christmas everyone. Wishing you all a healthy, happy and sober Christmas xx
Old 12-25-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
p***enger

Merry Christmas to you, too, Ready, and Tamerua, Tazzle, Gonzo, Napster, Alice, Marria, Fallow, and any who lurk!

The Christmas smilies are looking particularly adorable this year --

P.S. Dee, thanks for the tree yesterday. Not insensitive -- I often like pictures of things more than the things themselves. Except not booze. Funny, that.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Howdy all! Merry Christmas!

Ready, did Sam enjoy what Santa brought? That age is so sweet. Courage, how did you make out yesterday? Do anything fun? Napster, what about you and the girls? Gonzo, how are you? Dee, hope you had a rockin Christmas.

We had a quiet, pressure free day. The kid is spoiled. Lol tonight I went to a beginners meeting, it was great. I talked to newbies. I gave my number. Who am I becoming?!

Everyone have a good night!
Old 12-26-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
p***enger

Tam, I'm beat but content and grateful. I put my son on a plane to India today - 6 hours before his flight, we still didn't know if he had a visa. But he got it with about 1/2 an hour to spare and he's in the air now. I'm leaving town for a good long rest tomorrow. I got everything I wanted for Christmas which was nothing except to know that my family and I are all okay.

I think you're becoming a great person -- the person you always were!

Ready, I hope you & Sam had a lovely day!

Napster, same to you & your family!

Gonzo, thanks for everything & be well!

Alice, if I can't post on Dec 30, happy 2 years and congratulations!

Marria & Tazzle -- Hugs!

Everyone from December 2012 and Dee, I wish you all a peaceful, healthy, and wonderful New Year in 2015!

Old 12-27-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
p***enger

I was looking at my posts here from last Christmas and into January. It doesn't seem like the same person. How strange that you can become a stranger to yourself! But I'm glad to be here today and not so sad anymore.

Today, Dec. 27, Tazzle and I share a birthday! Happy Birthday, Tazzle!
Old 12-27-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I just lost a long post, I'm sad :-(
I hope you are all having a lovely Christmas. Mine is a mixture of trying hard to be patient with challenging family members, enjoying the time to relax and unwind and cherishing the contentment I feel at the moment.
RAL I hope you are doing well and avoiding the 'emotional vortex' as Courage so aptly put it!!
Tam a belated Congrats to you. Well done on your two years......Fantastic!!
Old 12-27-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
p***enger

Glad to see you, Marria! Congratulations on your 2 years on Dec 10, I think!

Hooray for you!
Old 12-27-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

You have come a long way courage! It is incredible. And you're fantastic.

Marria, hi! Good to see you. Glad you had a nice Christmas.

Just left the fitness studio, they had a board on the wall and had a cute little year in review and I'm on there! They said my pants are loose. Lol I'll try and post the pic, it totally made my day!
Old 12-27-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Courage and Tazzle

D
Old 12-27-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Quick stop in. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURAGE!! Wow, I had forgotten we share a birthday, you have a great memory! .
Settling in well on the job front. This past week had several moments of being overwhelmed and feeling emotionally drained. To much sensory overload, between the public calling, inmates demanding things, co-workers,, well being co workers. I wanted to burst into tears several times, wanting everything to shut up and shut down for 5 minutes, while I regroup. We are short staffed so could not call for a break, but I made it through. the lady that started the same day I did handed in her resignation last week, will finish her shift out. She was to terrified of working the day shift. Anyway she will be finished the end of January.

Anyway husband is taking me out to dinner, so will check in better later. Hope your day is all you hope for Courage! You have been an wonderful friend and I am glad you are here!
Old 12-28-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday for yesterday courage and tazzle

I'll check in properly later.xx
Old 12-28-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Happy Birthday Taz and courage!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi All and a very Happy, Healthy & Sober New year to you all

I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd checked in properly!!

Tam-Sam was very pleased with Santa thanks. His little face on Christmas morning was such a treasure to see and I took lots of photos. Good on you for speaking at the beginners meeting-it is amazing how far you have come. Can you imagine that that was once you 2 years ago and how different a person you are now. Do you feel much different? I do. I used to thnk people were just saying it when they said how much their lives changed but it really is true.

courage - how are you? That must have been pretty cathartic reading your posts from last year. Again, you really have come so far, even more so following your slip. You picked yourself up, dusted yourself down and carried on

Tazzle- It's great to here you are settling into your new job smoothly. Here's to a great 2015

Happy New year Dee, Marria, Napster, Gonzo, Alice. Fallow & apologies if I've missed anyone.
xx
Old 12-31-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi folks!

Well I'm in the Sonoran Desert w/my husband, and my son is in India. This is, oddly, my third non-drinking NY Eve though I now have less than a year sober. In 2012 I was here with 2 weeks and pretty fragile; in 2013 I was here fidgeting and fighting; and now I'm just here. Some times are better than others but I've stopped fighting with it. I've been having some pretty bad back pain and yesterday a pint of Jack Daniels and a couple of the painkillers my f-ed up sister offered me sounded pretty good. But I've discovered -- rediscovered?-- that pain is a ride like everything else, and I'm just on it.

New Year's Resolutions, anyone? I don't really do them, but I'm thinking about changing my look in 2015-- thinking about strings of beads, silk and satin dresses, and a long cigarette holder with a (usually) unlit cigarette. If I can't have a martini, I want to look like I know my way around one!

Thanks to all you all for your support in 2014, and I wish all of you good health and recovery in 2015!

Old 01-01-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Happy New Year gang.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Just had to google "Sonoran Desert" as had images of you in the Middle East Courage

Hope you are having a good trip. REsolutions- ah the usual for me; eat healthily, lose weight and be a nicer person.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:28 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I have joined the Healthy eating thread !!!

Yesterday I was pretty good foodwise and now have a sugar headache-or rather a withdrawal from sugar headache. It's a bank holiday here again today(just Scotland, not in England) so nothing is open. Scotland seems to celebrate New year/Hogmanay from NY Eve until the 3rd!!

I spent NY Eve with Sam and my friend. Sam went to bed at normal ish time and we toasted NY with sparkling water and tea. Whilst I knew I would toast with non alcoholic drink it was pleasant for my friend to not be drinking either. A very sober NY all round

Today is day 2 of eating healthily and getting fitter and healthier (don't we always say this!!) Think we will go for a long walk today.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning all. Still holiday season in Scotland-it really does seem to be going on forever this year

Hope everyone is doing ok. It's rare for me to have 2 consecutive posts with no others inbetween Thinking of you allxx
Old 01-03-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you RAL

D
Old 01-03-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Hope you are doing well and not affected by the fires.