Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 11

Old 04-08-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

V, sorry to hear about your dad, It must be such a difficult time for you. I'll toss some of serenes advice your way- make sure you're taking care of yourself as well. Glad to hear little v is doing well!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:17 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Actually mel, I spent a few hours with him yesterday, and he looks so much better.
It is a roller coaster. And I am grateful every time he rallies. And yes, I am looking after myself. I am stronger than I have ever been.

Yep, not-so-little V is great. Almost 12 and a half. I can't believe how close I came to losing her, and now she has been healthy for well over a year. Nice.

I must record her snoring her little fat head off (she is in her igloo sound asleep right next to me). It is hysterical.

Hope bubs is doing well. How long does it take for him to fully recover from this surgery?
Old 04-12-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Congrats Wehav on BOTH 2 years & you're upcoming wedding. It's lovely to hear an update on how your doing. May 30th is coming up quickly. I'm so excited for you!

Venus - so happy to hear that little V has been healthy for the past year, and you sound like you're health is improving too, yes? I hope your dad continues on an uptrend - he's in my thoughts... please let us know if things change.

Mel - So proud of you and all that you are managing and working through!

You're right that drinking won't help in the evening as an escape- it will just keep you from actually getting rest and you'll wake up hung over, anxious, and extra crabby the next day - and that will keep you from being the mom that you want to be. </advice>...so time for a big (((((((((HUG)))))))))).

Tonight is my last night traveling with my honey - he leaves tomorrow for the US and I won't see him for 4 months or so. I'll miss him greatly.

We are currently in Jerusalem, where it is storming with lightening and hail and barely 40F - 2 days ago it was 106. Happy to have a break from the Arab world. I'll be in Israel for 2 weeks before heading to Turkey. Hopefully I'll have internet access again. Jerusalem is NYC expensive tho, so I'm raman noodling it

One positive about this area of the world - no alcohol for the most part

You're all in my thoughts!
Old 04-12-2015, 11:42 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Oh wow Serene ~ Jerusalem. I have beautiful memories of that place; it is so very special. I hope you get to see the Wailing Wall, and go to the Shuk. (Arab market). It's all so amazing. Of course I am Jewish, but I don't think that matters...it is just a holy and beautiful city. The architecture is incredible...

My dad got worse again...this is all very hard, but I have talked about it enough on a few threads.

Yes, my health is GOOD! And I am so fit...muscles upon muscles.

I'm sorry that you will be away from your love for 4 months. We will keep you company.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

>I'm sorry that you will be away from your love for 4 months. We will keep you company.

Thanks V! You're the best. Hugs right back at ya!

I just found the non-touristy food shuk yesterday. IT IS AMAZING!!!!! I picked up some of the best strawberries I have had in my life and ate them on a rooftop in the jewish quarter looking at the church domes in the christian quarter as the sun went down. It is a happy place!

And I am excited that we've been in the same place even though we live so far away, and it is far away from both of us! It definitely helps me not feel like a lone traveller.

I am staying in a tiny studio in a 400 year old building that has a few units around a courtyard - all jewish families with kids, and they have been so kind. I'm not jewish (but the boy is half jewish!!!!) and I've loved staying in a neighborhood instead of a hotel for a richer experience.

THRILLED to hear that your health is good - what do think has had the most positive impact? Muscles upon Muscles, oh my! That's awesome!!!! Do tell, I am super curious where you started and what you're doing now to be so healthy.

And I am sorry to hear about your dad - I'll say a prayer for him when I visit the Wall tomorrow. (((hugs)))
Old 04-16-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi V - just saw that your aunt passed yesterday as well. I am so sorry. I can only imagine how hard it is right now.

We're here for you - I'm keeping you in my thoughts. ((((((hugs)))))
Old 04-16-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Venuscat))) your in my thoughts at this tough time
Old 04-17-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

The funeral is over. Thank you for being so good to me guys. Time to pick up the pieces now...onwards. ♥
Old 04-17-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

=( sorry for your loss V. Here if you need to talk about it xoxo

Serene- thanks for painting a picture of your surroundings-I love traveling just to see how people live and how it makes me feel alive so that strawberry eating becomes an event. so awesome
Old 04-17-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

No need to rush onwards if you're not ready v, I deal with grief like I deal with an illness- allow yourself the time and space to heal from it
Old 04-17-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Thank you mel. I love you so much...I know you know that.

I will talk muscles and more Jerusalem stuff tomorrow. I'm exhausted.

But it makes me so happy to know that we are still here on this thread.
It is still my home on SR. And you girls mean so much to me. ♥
Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

(((Mel)))) - wise words! you're son is very lucky to have you as a mom, just as ((((((V))))) you're family is lucky to have you.

You're both very strong, thoughtful and caring, and I love sharing my SR home with you. I love logging in to hear how you both are.

I had a bit of a hectic time right before bed last night. I got an emergency last minute request to pay off my school loan at midnight to support the refi on my 2 homes. I am supposed to sign tomorrow in Israel - there are no other consulate appointments for the rest of May in the country nor in Turkey, so pressure is on to get this done. And the govt loan site locked me out despite the fact I was entering the correct info (likely cause I'm overseas) Thank goodness for skype - I was able to sort it out, but my the queue was long and would have been expensive.

The original issue: the appraiser screwed up and record one of my homes as a 1 bedroom instead of a 3 bedroom - which has screwed up a bunch of other things. Really?!?!?

Ok - hope you both wake up to a rested, hydrated morning and have a beautiful day. I'm off to Bahai Gardens then to the old city of Akko - both World Heritage sites.

hugs
Old 04-18-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Glad you got it sorted Serene, although it is over my head and I don't quite understand. Not to worry. Amazing that you got an appt in Israel at all. Well done!

You won 't believe this, so I won't tell you (kidding). After telling you how healthy I was (I really was), I now have the flu. OMG, so sick. I made a doc appt for tomorrow as my throat is really bad, and the glands are so swollen in my neck you could see them from Mars. Strep throat I think. Oh well, I will survive.

My sister brought me chicken soup, so Jewish Penicillin for me while you go see the holy sites in Israel Serene. I can hear the music of the city in my head. I love the sounds there. And the sunsets. And the incredible view. It really is so breathtaking...

I am going to watch a movie and chill.

Love to my girls. (And Dee, of course). ♥
Old 04-18-2015, 01:54 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Venuscat)))
Old 04-18-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

wolfie, you are such a sweetheart! ♥
Old 04-20-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Oh V, the flu was terrible this winter in the US - it got everyone (even the muscles^2
It is good you are in such good fighting shape!

Here is some home made Israeli medicine for you to keep for after your sister's runs out.

Good news- I managed to get the documents signed at the US consulate & mailed off. Woot Woot!

Bad news - On the bus on the way back, a guy exposed himself to me and started fondling himself...and it took me a while to notice (I thought he had Parkinsons). It wasn't scary - just annoying. I dislike the power dynamics created by bad male behavior towards women here in the region....but I'm getting MUCH better at handling situations when someone is trying to make you feel uncomfortable.

Hope you ALL get plenty of rest!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Do your best

I love chicken noodle soup esp when im not well it saved me during my recent flu

Your israeli medicine looks awesome SereneEdition and congrats with the documents
Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened Serene

D
Old 04-20-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I dislike the power dynamics created by bad male behavior towards women here in the region
I know what you mean Serene; some weird stuff goes on there. It can be scary as well as pretty revolting. Glad you are getting better at handling it. I was there for a few months years ago, and never managed NOT to be shocked!

Thank you for the soup love.

(Feeling a lot better today).
Old 04-21-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

V- glad you're feeling better. You remind me of my friend at work who is the sweetest nicest person but simply cannot catch a break. Something challenging is always coming her way and she is still so caring of other people. I hope things get easier for you

Serene- I had that happen to me in a target parking lot before and it really disturbed me. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that especially in a foreign country- that would make me really uneasy

Leaving you ladies with something a little more cheerful http://m.imgur.com/hEmJReh xoxo