Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 11

Old 12-09-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hiiiiiii hope you all are awesome I have lots of catching up . I'm day 4 and been sleeping a lil feeling positive ))))
Old 12-09-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Soooo good to see this little thread have some life again, thanks ladies! Guess what???!?? Liss is baaaaack, looks like Venus worked some Venus magic and got her back to sr. Wooohoooo! Mel, I love the name Clark! Beautiful. Yes, I'm one of THOSE people who thinks boys can be beautiful and girls can be strong.
Feeling the love thank you so good to be back xxxx
Old 12-09-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
V, glad to hear you're in line for medical treatment and sending you good vibes to get through all the pain and discomfort. Baby doing fine, kicking around and making me big and round. Only 3 months left to go!
WOW congrats soooo amazing yay lil bubba I've missed heaps xxxxx
Old 12-09-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Melissa

D
Old 12-10-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks Liss, how have you been?
Old 12-11-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
Thanks Liss, how have you been?
Hiiiiiii what a year far out torture! I'm back learned from relapsing that there is no need to relapse lol day 6 for me and feeling good. Hope your looking after yourself I'm so happy for you simply amazing how far you've come inspirational xxxxxx
Old 12-12-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank you love, I can't imagine how different my life would be today had it not been for SR and all of you
Old 12-23-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!

Liss - so excited your back!!!!!!!! Very happy that you and V were able to connect offline via phone. Congrats on day 6. How are you doing?

Dee - hope you are having a good holiday. Are you and Mrs. Dee doing anything special to celebrate?

V - How is your health? Thank you for reaching out to Liss. RE: Boy & travel - it's better if he stays with his job and wraps up his CS training to support the goal of starting a family. BUT!!!! he does have 8 weeks of vacation, which is tons for the US, so he'll meet up with me every few months.

Mel - How are you & Clark Lawerence feeling?

I finished my move in with the boy last week, and wrapped up my last class. I'm spending the family at home in Ohio. Tomorrow my sister flies in from London, and the boy is coming from SF. It's the first time everyone will be together in years & I'm looking forward to it.

My parents don't know that I am an alcoholic, but do know I am allergic to alcohol - so they keep offering me stuff to drink and 'I know you're not drinking but you have to taste my drink' as a follow on. I hadn't thought of alcohol (or been in situation where it was offered to me) in such a long time that I was caught off guard for a moment. All is good - just an opportunity to exercise some muscles that I realize now were getting rusty.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!
((((((HUGS!!!!))))))))
Old 12-23-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nothing special here SE - hope everyone here has a great Christmas anyway

D
Old 12-23-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Serene! ♥

Wow girl, your life is sounding fantastic. Much deserved.
Really tired, so will answer in detail tomorrow.

V xx
Old 12-23-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone!

Serene I can imagine it's hard to hide you're past from your family but glad you're able to stay strong. It's too bad your man is traveling all the time but the vacation time sounds great. I hope you all have a great time together!

Liss- how are you holding up?

V- also wondering how your health is holding up

Clark and I are doing just fine, dealing with some annoying pregnancy symptoms that are made much worse by working on my feet full time but I guess that was to be expected. Only 5 weeks left until my due date!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi mel

Wow, still working your job girl...you are amazing.
I'm sure you must be way tired at this point.

I am happily sober, and dealing with the life stuff.
It's not always easy. The bone tumor and ensuing pain makes me really tired, but the surgery is Jan 5, so not long now. Dealing with the aftermath doesn't even phase me now, honestly. The fact that I don't have bone cancer is such a blessing.

I am struggling with my dad. He is fading. And he is more annoying by the day. He was always very self-centred, and at 93 and a half, well, add old-age concerns to that, and me having been his primary carer, and I am kind of tired of food and food-through-the body conversations. I do my best. I am not seeing the positive in this...as in, last time spent with dad, etc. Only blessing is sober I can do it.

Planning on a new career, so that's good.

And Serene ~ I am so proud of both you and mel.
You girls have worked so hard, and come so far in your sober lives.
You are reaping the rewards, as you should.

Love you very much,

V xx
Old 12-30-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

V sorry about your dad, sounds very challenging and exhausting. Proud of you for staying strong through this hardship. I know there's a forum on reddit where people vent about their narcissistic parents, made me think of that.
On a lighter note what is the new career path?

I'm working until 39 weeks, I understand that's completely insane since my ankles and feet are already so swollen that they look like they belong to an elephant but we need to save as much money as possible so I can enjoy my maternity leave (which is unpaid in the US). Only 3 more weeks now!
Old 12-30-2014, 11:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a happy new year
Old 12-31-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, you too. This has been a really amazing year for me; getting married, going to Italy, having a baby. Things could have been so different if I was still drinking. I am so thankful for you and the members of SR for being here to save my life
Old 12-31-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

You saved your own life mel my love.
We were just privileged to watch you become the happy woman you are today.
Happy New Year to you, and to all of our Februbuddies. ♥

V xx
Old 12-31-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

This place performs miracles mel. I've very very happy for you, and all the febbies

D
Old 01-01-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Happy 2015 - I'm really happy we are all here, still creating our new lives.

V - thinking of you and sending you good wishes for your surgery as well as your dad.
Mel - thinking of you and the baby as well.

I believe 2015 will be a good for all of us. All of us are committed to moving in positive directions - it's a Febbie class strength that we have in common

You guys are my rock when things get crazy. Thank you ((((HUGS))))

Much Love - Serene
Old 01-08-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi all -

I'm just checking in. I'm coming up on my 2nd year anniversary (yeah!) but feeling a bit odd.

For the first time I'm experiencing thoughts such as "drinking isn't that bad" and they are scaring me. For the past two years I've had the unwavering belief that if I drank another sip that I would die. I noticed the shift in the past two weeks.

I don't have desire to drink, and taking inventory, I don't believe I'm at risk for relapsing. But having this attitude shift is uncomfortable.

I tried spending sometime on the newcomers section, but seemed to strengthen the odd thoughts.

I JUST don't get where it's coming from, and my usual tools seem to be having the opposite effect that they used to....HMMMM

Has this happened to any of you? This is my first time in recovery when I'm not sure what I should DO about it.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think most of us have to battle those thoughts SE - it's pretty easy to confuse abstinence with control and to start thinking may be weren't that bad or we over reacted.

I always find going back over old posts helps a lot? It reminds me of how things actually were 'back then'

D