Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 11

Old 01-28-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
I think the three of us have been really successful because we never stop evolving, learning, and growing.
YES!!! I so agree.
I am proud of all of us. ♥
Old 02-06-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thinking of you mel ~ I hope that you and Clark and your husband are all doing well.
I know you must be very busy and very tired right now.
Sending you love girl!
Old 02-06-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

V - you and I are synced on the timing of our baby watch. Mel, I hope you're comfortable & thinking of you. Hi D

thanks for the kind words from both of you - it makes me happy that I can share and that you guys can relate.

Mexico was rainy, and I caught a cold - have been down for about a week. Highlight was seeing a pod of humpback whales trying to impress a female with lots of jumps and theatrics. Now in Portland renovating a house and seeing friends for the next 2 weeks.

Sending all y'all hugs. You're in my thoughts.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Really glad that Mexico was wonderful, except for the cold of course.
And house? Whose house? Your house love?? Spill girl!

Maybe mel will feel us and pop by to let us know how it's all going.
She will be 2 years sober in 2 days...so I have a feeling we will hear from her.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Still pregnant my loves. Struggling with the anxious anticipation. They are concerned about our health letting me go past 42 weeks so I'll be induced on Sunday. Risked out of my birth center and have to deliver at the hospital now. Something I've been working on is letting go of expectations- I feel like the universe is testing me. Can't believe it's been two years, so glad to still have you in my life. I'll keep you girls posted xoxo
Old 02-07-2015, 01:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh mel ~ so you did feel us.
This must be getting very difficult at this point....first babies...I hear they love to do this.
Wow, this little man certainly has his own ideas...Aquarians are like that. He will be strong and healthy, and I just know you will be fine. Thinking of you and loving you. ♥
Old 02-08-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Mel! I might be catching you just in time. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Is it true that Clark might come on your 2nd anniversary? Might you share birthdays?

Same thing happened with my bf's sister last week - first baby and they induced. Baby just didn't want to come! Sorry to hear that you have to shift to a hospital now. I hope that they treat you well and that you feel supported to the same level as your preferred choice.

Hugs V! Nothing much to tell about the house - I bought a fixer upper about 10 years ago and still working on it Replacing some windows, dry wall, etc. I rent it out because I live in CA now, where I can't afford a house.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

BTW - We started this journey 2 years ago!!!!!!!

It's hard to wrap my mind around it.

CONGRATS to all of our class!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

If Clark arrives tomorrow, or the day after for you, it will indeed be a mum and bubs shared birthday.
No, what am I saying, it is Sunday now. Monday is the 9th. Sheesh. Brain not in gear here.

And yes...it is 2 years since we started this journey together. And even though my sober date changed, I am still here with you girls.

I think it's just the three of us left...and we will keep moving forward together.

I hope your bf's sister and her new baby are doing well.
And awesome that you own a house...that must help with finances a great deal.

Love you Serene!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi V, Mel, & Dee -

It makes me very happy that the 3 of us are still here, along with Dee. (((((((((Hugs)))))))) Love fest

House is getting ready to be wrapped up - just installed the kitchen counter today, new tile floor tomorrow. It looks good. New carpet is the last major thing, and that happens on Friday. No joke, I had 12"x12" square mirrors all over 1 wall in the hallway. Hello 70's!!! Now they are gone. So happy to just have a normal wall.

Mel - thinking of you and little Clark.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Yes, of course the three of us and Dee...

I saw that there was a post in this thread, and I went the baby has come....which of course he must have by now. Hoping mel will know that we love her and are thinking about her!!!

Well done on the house restoration Serene. There are no end to your talents girl!!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Prior to posting, I actually thought my post might trigger anticipation for Mel's news tee hee

I have another small victory to share - My pants fit!!!!! I know, I know - totally silly, but I am super excited and it is a total surprise. I gained a little weight when I started dating my honey, but I refused to buy new pants, so I've been SQUEEZING into them. It's a total surprise b/c I've been living in my baggy work pants for the past 2 weeks during renovation.

I need to run soon to meet the carpet installer, but V - one thought..... You've mentioned before that you felt a little distance at time due to being on a different timeline in your recovery. Clearly you have more insight into how you are feeling and where you are, but I don't feel like we are really in too different places. I truly believe that.

A supporting reason why is because I am just starting to dig into my main addiction now: Food. My food addiction was hidden under my other ones - alcohol, cigarettes, etc, and to work through it to get to a healthy place is requiring me to get into that fundamental wiring. At times I'm feeling raw, and many of the sensations of early recovery too. Rather than a linear path, recovery for me is taking the form of an ebb and flow cycle.

It means so much to me to have you here. And your wisdom that comes from the experience of doing a second cycle, and just being here, inspire me to keep putting energy into my items.

MORE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, gotta run.

BUT MORE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

ZILLIONS OF HUGS BACK my darling Serene!!

I understand about the food thing. Big time. When I was young, I got up to 202 pounds.
Yes, you read that right. I had a massive food addiction. And I realised a couple of months ago that my alcoholism is inextricably linked to food. I drank predominantly to give myself permission to eat. I would buy wine, and then all of my favourite feasty foods, and have a food, wine and video orgy.

I think I did it to assuage my loneliness.
It made me happy. Really. Unlike so many here who say the alcohol stopped working for them, it never stopped working for me. But I stopped working...my brain and my body were falling apart.

When I relapsed, my kidneys started to fail. My liver was (and is still) in deep trouble.
And I was losing my mind. So I had two choices, and you know the one I made.

Now, I have trouble eating at all. I am beginning to wonder if I have a food-related disorder. I don't know. I might actually try and get some help with this. Maybe. I kind of think not eating is the only thing that I can control...so, having said that, I probably do need to get some help. Hmm.

It's great that your pants fit. And it's wonderful that we can continue to keep moving forward together. Love you girl!! ♥
Old 02-12-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Just came by to announce that little baby clark has arrived, almost two weeks late at 12:38 on feb 9th just in time to celebrate my two years sober. At 8lbs12oz he is as happy and healthy as mom and dad could ask for. I'll update you all more later when I'm not exhausted! xoxo, M. http://imgur.com/viHtoFQ
Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Darling mel and Eric (hope I have his name right)

Woo Hoo!!!

And how wonderful of Clark to arrive on your anniversary!!

So glad to hear he is happy and healthy....going in to look at the pic!

Love you so so much!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Oh Oh Oh Oh.....he is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on both counts Mel - what a fantastic day for you!

D
Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congrats Mel!!!! Welcome Clark! He was late for a reason, huh Best Bday/Anniversary present ever. And he is ADORABLE. Thank you for sharing a photo

Hi Dee! I like you're new dancing avatar - how are you feeling these days?

V - thank you SO MUCH for sharing. I am SOOOO happy you made the choice that you did. I am so happy you are here.

I totally relate. I definitely eat to numb - mine revolves around stress fueled by a lack of self compassion, and food relaxes me and helped me fall asleep/wind down. Alcohol was a crack version of food in that regard. I think I was too stressed in grad school to pick up the 'stress eating stone' and look underneath and take inventory.....

Going forward I would like to add more therapy to my tools too.

On a different, but related thread, I just listened to Brene Brown's audio book - the power of vulnerability - on my 8 hour drive. She is a shame researcher/funny storyteller and has a TED talk that I recommend checking out. Wow, her audio book is full of recovery topics. At one point she shares that most of the population has shame issues that we numb out, but only a few fit into the groups like AA and get help for it. I feel better and inspired when I put her on.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Also, a happy small victory. boy was I CRAVING the sugar tonight....and now I can tell the difference between one of THOSE types of cravings and being something that I would enjoy.

So rather than walking 3 blocks and getting a 1500 calorie piece of cake from the best dessert place in the city, I had some chia tea with some honey. Worked great, craving went away. I'll save the cake for when I will enjoy it. Yeah!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thank you Serene...I just bookmarked her TED talks, and I am now looking at her books. ♥

And that is an other wonderful victory for you love.