Class of February 2013 Part 11

Old 06-24-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Huge hugs darling Serene.
So glad to hear you are OK.
You are ALWAYS an inspiration my love!
Old 06-24-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Congrats serene!!!!! Wooohoooo, another febby wedding!!!! Your boy sounds like a real keeper, too.

Bummer about the boozy food, but you did the right thing keeping the drama factor low. I'm sorry it bothered you. I think everyone with a little sober time finds their line somewhere. Some of us don't want their food cooked in the same kitchen as booze, a lot don't want any alcohol cooked in their food, some of us don't care as long as it isnt flambé or bourbon balls or some other ridiculously boozy food.
I have no problem eating food cooked with wine. Doesn't trigger me a bit. But I learned the hard way via my last relapse that I can not cook with booze myself. More ended up in my mouth than the pan. So mrs. Wehav has had to have her chicken Marsala in a restaurant for the last 2.5 years.

Watch out for "happy engagement" champagne. Do they have elderflower soda in Italy? It's big in England, and delicious. and makes a great "shampagne."
Old 06-24-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hmmm...guess I better get my skates on and find me a husband.
I have a pretty good chance being a member of this class I think...after all, that's three of you in two plus years.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Haha your odds are good venusgrrrrrlll!
Old 06-28-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hee hee! Wehav, looks like I caught Mrs. Wehav's wedding bouquet

Speaking of which - SF has been crazy alive celebrating the SCOTUS ruling as they kick off pride week. I'm thrilled that this day is finally here!!!! Congrats again to you Wehav - how are you settling in now to married life?

Venus - Meeting Mr. V while skating is brilliant! Maybe it will be like the movies when someone trips you and he'll be the lovely gentleman there to break your fall where you'll both fall instantly and madly in love!!!!

But seriously, doing the work that your doing in recovery does make the odds of finding Mr. V something that I'd put money on. Getting engaged actually feels like a sobriety milestone for me - drinking was making it easy for me to avoid doing the development that would make me ready to get married.

Speaking of life milestones....has anyone heard from Mel recently? I know she is SUPER busy, but I still worry when one of us doesn't check in.

I'm still doing well with no alcoholic thoughts, and now I am actually glad that I had my alcoholic wake up call. Going into a wedding without a plan would have been like skipping through a mind field. Now I have eyes wide open. Thanks Wehav for the elderberry tip.

Ok, off to bed. Sweet dreams everyone.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Haven't heard from Mel, but I'm sure she's just crazy busy.
Maybe she will feel us and check in.

Glad you're OK Serene.

And yes, cheers to the US! incredible ruling!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hey loves,

Serene- CONGRATS! What country/where/how did your boy propose? So happy for you. Personally I wouldn't sweat the fondue but sounds like it was a positive thing for you in the end. Since I'm stuck in the house from 6pm on with the baby I've been working my way through cookbooks teaching myself how to cook, and subsequently have a bottle of white wine in the fridge to cook with. Keep in mind i also work in a restaurant surrounded by Alcohol so I've gotten very good at building that wall. If you remember I was really anxious about not drinking at my wedding but it ended up being no big deal.

V and wehav, hope all is well ladies

Baby is doing great- he is the sweetest boy ever. Almost five months now if you can believe it. Just learned how to kiss/lick and hug his mom and dad so we are more in love with him every day. I'll upload a pic an post it below. Xo M
Old 07-03-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Typical mom, couldn't pick just one

http://imgur.com/8SvoTRh
http://imgur.com/Fx4rosD
http://imgur.com/1w7WMe2
http://imgur.com/bYivNma
http://imgur.com/FmEeL3p
http://imgur.com/0hHrv0t
Old 07-03-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing those Melissa - what a cute little guy

D
Old 07-03-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Oh mel! He is the most beautiful baby boy ever!!!
And that last pic is a crack-up. Are they your sunnies?

Thank you so much for sharing those gorgeous pics with us.
You just put a really big smile on my face.
Please give Clark a kiss for me. ♥♥
Old 07-08-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Thanks Mel for the double smiles - seeing your name & photos of your little man. He's going to be a character! He is adorable!

Hi Venus & Dee - how are you doing these days?

My BF proposed in Switzerland - while we were sharing a 8 room dorm with a Chinese group and 2 bros on account of Switzerland being so expensive. Not exactly optimized for romance, but we were in the happy glow of spending time together as it had been 6 weeks since we'd seen each other

I'm currently on the N. coast of Spain chilling out. Literally. For the past week in France we've been hitting 40-44C in the afternoon and it has been miserable. Those cute little french towns are not so cute to walk around when all you want to do is melt! I've been enjoying wonderful fruit though!

We will make our way down the coast for the next week from San Sebastian to Santiago de Compestale. I don't know much about the area, so we are on a little bit of an adventure!

Hugs for now.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

The setting sounds divine Serene, and I hear you on the weather....that's the temps we are getting here right now. And I have to walk/work in it.

Hope it warms up so that you guys can enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Please post again when you can ~ I missed you!!!

I'm OK...still pretty shattered about being abandoned by my best friend after losing my aunt and dad. It's just so hard to believe he turned out to be this person. I am feeling like I am a very bad judge of character...

Love and purrs from not-so-little V. ♥♥♥
Old 07-08-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fine here thanks SE - keep on enjoying that trip

D
Old 07-08-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Se- sounds like such a fantastic trip. I've been to Paris twice but desperately want to explore the countryside. Hope Spain is a blast

V- sorry to hear about your friend. The first thing I thought of is maybe death makes them uncomfortable? I'm someone a lot of people turn to while grieving because it doesn't make me uncomfortable and they usually don't have anyone else to talk to about it. I hope this can be mended with time and you are able to find someone more capable to lean on
Old 07-08-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

It can't be mended with time mel. I have given him a lot of leeway here.
But I cannot be anyone's doormat.
He was my best friend for 10 years...we helped each other through everything.
His behaviour in the past months has nothing at all to do with me.

I have been to Paris as well. I loved it. And one day I will go back too.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:38 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Well in that case I'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself, you're too amazing to be anyone's doormat xo, M
Old 07-08-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thank you mel ~ that's very kind of you.
So much love!!! ♥♥
Old 07-14-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

V - I'm proud of you too. I hope that your friend has the wisdom to see what he lost and the strength to take his own inventory (so to speak). Your friendship is quiet a prize.

Mel & Dee - Glad to hear things are well!

Northern Spain is not at all what I expected! The west coast reminds me of the CA coast with lots of pine trees, cold clear water, & headlands. The local music here involves bagpipes and they have Celtic festivals! At the moment I am on the north coast staying in a small little town that reminds me of the OR coast (See the movie Goonies if you haven't been to OR). It is foggy, remote, and the coastline is supposed to have fjords like Norway. Very few tourists. Again, it's not at all what I expected, but I am enjoying it because it reminds me of being at home a bit, which is a nice break after being on the road for so long! There are a ton of nudist beaches here and I keep accidentally finding them as I seek out more remote (less crowded beaches) doh!

I'm REALLY looking forward to Paris in 2 weeks!!!!!! I kinda got hooked on the morning croissant and I can't wait to start my day with some yummy flaky goodness

Good night for now!!!!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful Serene.

And now I want a croissant ~ not gonna happen!!
Old 07-15-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I tried to find a croissant this morning but all I could find were pre-packaged ones and that...well that is a croissant in name only.

However, I put on pants for the first time in a while, and they are feeling a bit tight. So it's a good thing that I didn't find any. I should add that my pants are all elastic waist too

3 more days and hasta la vista Espana, hello France!