SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2013 Part 11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/349034-class-february-2013-part-11-a.html)

Dee74 10-27-2014 11:52 PM

Class of February 2013 Part 11

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-10-a-20.html

D

venuscat 10-28-2014 12:11 AM

Oooooooooooooooooooo shotgun!!! Woot woot.

Oh fan, so absolutely awesome to see you girl.
Gosh I missed you.
Well, I just joined class of Oct as well....as you said fantail, I need this.

V xx :grouphug:

melissa6381 10-28-2014 09:04 AM

Welcome back V, glad you're back on track. How are you coping with your health problems? I like that Dee said not only would October club be good for you but good for them as well- he's absolutely right.

Fan how have you been doing? Halloween was always a trigger for me especially early on, is it affecting you?

venuscat 10-28-2014 02:00 PM

In a lot of pain both with bone tumor and withdrawal and I have to work this morning.

This is really really hard.
One minute at a time for me toddy.

:( V xx

venuscat 10-28-2014 02:00 PM

Sorry
It posted twice

fantail 10-28-2014 11:36 PM

Venus — hang in there. How was your day?

Mel — Halloween's hard, I've definitely been tempted a lot but have been sticking through and enjoying myself sober. I'm actually glad it's this early though. It's been such a short time since I decided to quit again that the resolution is still fresh. It'll start getting harder as I start becoming complacent/confident. Right now I'm in a bit of a sweet spot; enough time that I feel good but not enough time that I forget how bad it gets.

Dee74 10-29-2014 12:10 AM

Hope the day was ok V :)

D

venuscat 10-29-2014 01:34 AM

Hello Mel darling ~ sorry, I wasn't too good this morning.
Bone tumor still present and painful. Wait-listed for surgery. We shall see.
What about you hun? How are you feeling? How many weeks now? SO EXCITING!!!

The day went ok Dee and fan...honestly, although I was feeling awful physically, I feel so infused with love that I took it out there with me and I really had fun. Plus the walking was very helpful with detox symptoms.

Just came back from the hospital. Spent a few hours with dad. He is going to make it.
He talks to me, and I am very honest with him. So I feel confident that he has not decided to give up, and that's wonderful. :)

As least said earlier, what a difference a couple of days can make.

So much love,

V xx

Dee74 10-29-2014 02:08 AM

Glad things are looking up for you and your dad, V :)

D

SereneEdition 10-31-2014 12:26 AM

V!!!! Welcome back - it is SOOO good to see you!!!!!!! We've missed you! Hope you are thru the worst of the detox.

off to bed ASAP, with just enough time to send you all hugs! Again, I am so grateful to have you here.

Happy Halloween!

venuscat 10-31-2014 12:27 AM

Oh Serene my love, thank you.
I missed you so much.
Now I am crying like a baby....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN my lovely Februbuddies!!!!!

http://ng017.k12.sd.us/happyhalloween2.gif

♥ V xx

melissa6381 10-31-2014 01:31 AM

V, glad to hear you're in line for medical treatment and sending you good vibes to get through all the pain and discomfort.

Baby doing fine, kicking around and making me big and round. Only 3 months left to go!

venuscat 10-31-2014 01:35 AM

That is so good to hear Mel love.

And I will be OK ~ I promise.

V xx

SereneEdition 11-04-2014 09:37 AM

Happy Post Halloween!

V& fantail - I wanted to swing back to see how you're doing.

Mel - similarly, how are you feeling? May I ask how big you're getting? Can you feel the baby moving around yet?

I'm doing pretty well today. I came down with a cold due to choosing a warm halloween costume on a cold night, so stayed home the last few days and I'm starting to feel a bit better now. Secretly I've enjoyed the excuse to just stay in. BF has been taking good care of me by making soup, so I feel extra loved!!!!!

Good news - I had a heart to heart with the BF about him needing to find a career if we want to take things further. He's jumped into teaching himself to code with both feet and is loving it, so things are looking better on that front too.

Still struggling with food - I didn't put any effort into it over the past couple of weeks, and feeling gross after Halloween sugar. It really does need to be the #1 thing for me to make the changes I need to, and it hasn't been lately.

melissa6381 11-04-2014 10:53 AM

Hi guys,

Serene I'm huge. It looks like I shoved a pumpkin under my shirt and there is no confusion for strangers whether or not I'm pregnant. I feel him kicking/breakdancing all the time and it's my favorite thing ever. Only 12 more weeks until my due date and soooo much to get done.

I read in a book once that when it comes to eliminating bad habits some people are moderators an some people are obstainers. Meaning that for some people quitting something is too overwhelming to do cold turkey and they will fail at the enormity of their task if they don't let themselves gradually cut down. Other people are obstainers. If they try to moderate they eventually slip back into to old habits and need very definite rules to follow.

While I think weight watchers is a really great program it's more of a moderater program and might not be right for you. I'm definitely an obstainer which is why I create these strict rules for myself to follow (ie no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hyrogenated soybean oil, vegan) following these rules strictly is my diet plan because the foods that have those bad ingredients are the junk foods that I need to avoid. (Not saying you need to go vegan but I lost a ton of weight when I stopped eating cheese) Maybe try restructuring your plan so that it works from an obstainers point of view since you have those tools from quitting drinking.

venuscat 11-04-2014 03:27 PM

Hello girls :)

I'm an "obstainer" too Mel. Only way I can do it...

So glad you are feeling so well love; I now have images of a breakdancing baby. :)

I'm doing OK, withdrawal-wise. No more real issues except that I'm extremely tired.
Even my finger hurts less today.

Hope you are almost over your cold Serene. And your BF sounds like a keeper.
I'm not sure what this means though:

He's jumped into teaching himself to code with both feet and is loving it...

Hmm. Please explain to the ditsy Aquarian. :)

Love to all of our Februbuddies,

(((1stepup)))

V xx

melissa6381 11-21-2014 09:40 PM

Hey loves,

Hope everyone celebrating thanksgiving is gearing up for a happy holiday.

V and fan- how are you two doing?

venuscat 11-21-2014 09:48 PM

Hello Mel darling :) :hug: ♥

I was thinking about you all last night...I miss you girl.
I was also thinking about fantail, as I haven't seen her in our October class thread for quite a while. I really hope she is OK.

I have had some challenges, but going OK, and just trying to live life on life's terms instead of mine, you know? It's pretty bumpy, but I am doing my best. I am 27 days sober, so that's good.

How are you and bubs? Another month now...so 8 ish? Wow. Getting close now.
Have you used your wonderful craft talents to decorate the nursery?
And how is your husband?

No thanksgiving here, but I hope you enjoy yours love.

V xx

melissa6381 11-21-2014 10:13 PM

melissa6381 11-21-2014 10:16 PM

Oops didn't think my first post went through. Oh my gosh I've been crafting up a storm. I was really sick last week which was scarry. Erich took really good care of me and I'm still slowly recovering- seems like clark is fine but I'll never stop worrying about him until I see his little face. Glad to hear your coping V, very proud of you for getting back on track.