Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 16

Old 10-28-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi Izzy: Wife had more tests on Monday. I hope it's more precautionary than anything, but numbers are numbers.
We get back the results in a week!!!

Thanks for the support Fools.............
I hope everything is OK, baby Obo's going to inherit enough issues without down syndrome.......

stay tuned.............
Old 10-29-2014, 02:12 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Obo, the waiting for test results can be harder than actually getting them. Hope you and Mrs Obo can have some nice things planned this week to distract you a bit. Meanwhile I'm visioning Baby Obo as a healthy, beautiful, bonny blessing (my Scottish friend would say "a wee bonny button").

I'm pottering in the garage today with some sandpaper and possibly even a paint brush, this creativity bug is fun isn't it?
Old 10-29-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Obo- thanks- I agree with the thoughts that everything is going to be ok.

Mariah- you enjoy your down time?

Hope everyone has a great sober Wednesday .
Old 10-29-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hey obo- I'm thinkin about you too, I just read back and I'm thinking and praying buddy <3

Hey everyone, I read back a few days and it's nice to see everyone checking in and living life as best and wonderfully as they can. I love u guys <3
I've been looking at life very differently...and feeling extremely different....I can't believe what I did...but I'm not dwelling on any of that anymore..I don't wanna start rambling but the help I'm getting is the most vital thing I have done for myself...and I'm not the least bit discouraged about the fact that I need to run to the clinic when things are getting tough...I really am in good hands...honestly, I think a huge part is that thru the vast amount of therapy I have been going thru sense the beginning of the summer, has gotten me to really dig deep, and it makes me upset at times...I really need to just work on the coping mechanisms and other stuff of that nature...my life is still insanely confusing but I'm seriously gonna do my best to make this work...on a lighter note I a did get the apartment! I'm signing the lease this afternoon and have the first months rent payed out....I'm going away this weekend on the camping trip I may have mentioned but when I come back I'm gonna pack my stuff up in boxes, and move the hell out on November 15th....I needed this....so badly.....the apartment is a bit pricy but between I fiancé and I we can easily make it work...just spending a bit less and cooking at home more...so something good came out of all this...the landlord likes me and my fiancé and wishes us the best, they are gonna steam the carpets and paint the whole place while were away this weekend...I'm still about 3 mins from the beach in a car, and my mom said the doors always open, just to give her a ring before I come over increase it's late...so yea....I'm finally getting out...
Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools!

Hope you all are having a great day.

Haven't been around for a while but I'm still doing good. Over 6 months clean and sober. October 13 was 6 months. Glad to see you all still working at it. Whether 6 months or 6 days, the important thing is to keep moving forward.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Obo - You & Yours are in my prayers & think Freeins suggestion to have things to do this week would help to pass the time. I have had the pleasure of working with individuals with down syndrome and have to say they were as full of life as anyone I've ever known, gentle hearts, old souls, great sense of humors, smart. I see my friends every once in a while & am always "touched" that they remember my name & ask about my Sons

Awesome ST!! Think that your own place with your fiance will be a good thing & so glad you are getting the support you need.

Busy times here - Back to work after being out for 2 days...should be crazy, I'm sure. Son went back to school this morning & fortunately I did not get the virus....all those vitamins & healthy eating paying off.

I was extremely tired after the paining job & just the stress of having to rent the room out again. Son made his decision to stay where he is....the prospect of moving back with Mom was not all that appealing Anyway, interviewed someone yesterday & hope to talk to someone else this evening. Have a good day all
Old 10-29-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months Up !

Mariah, .... hoping your new roommate will be a great one !?!
Was pretty lucky to have had only two bad ones, but the great ones made up for those two in the long run.
....you sound like a fast painter, btw. I'm needing some of that kind of mojo on this job.
< smiling >

ST, ...that's pretty dang exciting dude ! Glad to hear you're still close to the beach too !

Izzy, ...I've been getting that same good feeling ever since cleaning these windows 4 or 5 days ago. .... it's a funny thing how clean baseboards will make ya feel better, huh !!?

Freein, ... I wish there was an end to these projects,....that's a juicy concept.
Apparently there's only breaks to be taken around here, as slow as I get things done. ,,....lo
Maybe I need to break out the old jump rope, ...to pick up the pace;
or it'll be 7 years before I ever get a chicken coop built.
Have fun with that new project !!

Can y'all believe November is almost here ? wow,... time's really flying by this year

Take care gang
Old 10-29-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

ST, congratulations on your new apartment, your fresh start

UP, it's great to hear about your progress, 6 months is amazing.

Tops, don't think of it as a chicken coup, think of it more as a palace, or a cathedral, then 7 years will seem positively miraculous. Apparently, Antoni Gaudi began his project in Barcelona in 1882, and its not finished yet! Admittedly it's quite intricate, but hey ho, a chicken coup could have similar appeal given sufficient planning.

I'm having a relaxing evening reading a book by the fire. Think I'll have another cup of peppermint tea.

Take care all.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better Chick and congrats on 12 days.

Hope all is well obo. The waiting is definitely hard. I hope the results are good!

ST I'm glad you're getting help and congrats on the apartment!!! So happy for you.

Congrats on 6 months! Always nice to see you and what an accomplishment!

Mariah, glad you fought off the virus and your son is getting better. I hope you can get some rest and renting out the room goes smoothly.

freein, relaxing by the fire sounds perfect. hope you had a good night.

Apple, Soli, Luc and everyone else, if you're lurking around here do let us know how things are!

As for me, I'm DONE. At last. I had a meltdown and thought I bombed my test this evening but the results got posted (really fast!) and I actually did fine. Shows the confidence I have in myself. I'm relieved they got posted so fast cause I was in for a grumpy evening thinking I failed. And izzy, when I was in college the first time around I totally procrastinated to a ridiculous degree. Loved to do everything at the last minute. And I still do now but I'm much better about it. And I will say that pacing myself more (plus being sober!) is paying off. I got the highest grade in my class on my other exam this week . I put the test on my fridge! Glad to be on the other side of midterms and back in the double digits at 10 days sober.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

ST - how exciting! Sounds perfect for you guys

Mariah - good luck on the new roommate

Top- I think my windows need some work... Now that you mention it... And no, can't believe it- where does the time go ?!

Up! Congrats! You're awesome

I've been doing some thinking - this process ( can't believe I logged on here 6 months ago !?) is really making me re-consider a lot of things. Deep thoughts ... By Izzy ...

Nite, y'all
Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Rocks, congratulations on making it back into double digits, AND on being done with your exams. I hope there's a gold star next to your high score on the exam on your fridge, you deserve one.
Solitary, I am so glad you got the apartment! I think it will do you a world of good to move out of your current living situation, and it will be so nice to get to live with your sweetie.n you must both be excited about it. I'm both glad and relieved that the clinic where you're getting treatment is able to give you the time and attention you need. I think this level of help will be invaluable. Camping sounds wonderful...
Freein, I hope you enjoy your days off, and have lot's of fun refinishing that dresser. I've only ever refinished one piece of furniture, but I got an incredible amount of satisfaction out of the process.
Obosob, I am thinking of you, your wife, and tiny baby Obo, and really focusing on your test results coming back fine. Having to wait for the results must be really hard, but be proud of the fact that you're doing it sober. You have people across the world visualizing a happy and healthy baby.
Izzy, this process has made me reevaluate and rethink a number of things too. I hope it's been a good experience for you. It hasn't been entirely pleasant for me, but I think it's been beneficial.
Up, 6 months is a huge milestone, congratulations! I hope everything else is going well, too. It's always good to hear from you.
Topspin, it's not a race, someday you'll finish with the painting. Regarding the chicken coop, my only suggestion is build it before you get the chickens, even if it does take 7 years. My friend got chickens before she had anywhere to house them, and they ended up learning to graze on the oriental rug in her living room. I don't recommend this.
Chick, Mariah, and Mariah's son, I'm really glad you're all feeling better.
Lucrezia, Applekat, Kelly, and Soliloquy, I hope you're all doing ok, and are still reading the forum, even if you aren't checking in. I miss you all.
I'm doing pretty well, and working my little fingers raw. I've finally reached a good pace with production, and am almost meeting my daily goals. This is traditionally my busiest season, and I've blown it pretty badly the last few years, so it feels good to be back to being productive again, and feeling good about the work I'm producing. I feel very positive about my upcoming season, more than I have in a long time, I just need to stay focused and motivated. Fortunately both my ability to focus and my motivation seem to have finally come back, I was starting to be afraid I'd irreparably damaged both, but right around the 6 month point things started to shift for me. It's such a relief to feel confident in my ability to work again.
Take care, Fools. I am so grateful for each and every one of you.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

great news ST! You too rocks

congrats on 6 months Up!

Keep busy Top

hiya adna, mariah, izzy, chick and freein

D
Old 10-30-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hiya Dee.

Izzy, that's interesting about your reflections. When I'd been alcohol free for a while, I also experienced a feeling that there was something in my life which needed to be seriously addressed. At the time I thought it was to do with my intimate relationship, then my job. These things have changed, but not because I made "them" change, but because I changed.

It was me that still need needed to be addressed even after the decision to live sober. Sobriety gave me the clarity and pathway to make the necessary shifts towards my authentic self (I have to say I'm still shifting).

Rocks, you're a star, well done on the tests!

I'm off to a wedding today. I'll take my kindle, but if they don't have internet access I may miss you tonight. Don't worry, though there's no way I'll be tempted to drink. I'll be with some tea total members of my family, so no pressure at all. I'll just be there to witness a beautiful soul marry her beloved. Yes there will be tears!

Hope to check in later, but if not, I'll be thinking of you all.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Have a great time Freein

Well, after I posted that my Son had decided not to move back home, he called & asked if I had rented room out yet, said he was still considering it, then layed down what the rules would be if he does come back My other roommate told me she will be leaving after fall term ends in mid December & I am seriously thinking about what I can do financially to make the mortgage payment & have my house back.

Seems like it is always something, but I have been waking up with my arm completely asleep & just figured I had been laying on it but 2 nights ago I was sitting on the couch with my feel on the floor & my arm went to sleep & fingers turned white, so I am going to check in with the Doc this morning before work...probably nothing, but not something I think I should ignore.

Have a good day/night Fools - tomorrow will be a crazy day - Halloween on a Friday. I hate Halloween. When my boys were little we would buy our own candy, turn out all the lights and snuggle in together & watch movies....I guess not letting them dress in costume effected my Son, as he is dressing as a nurse this year....no luck finding size 13 pumps
Old 10-30-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Lol mariah! Maybe cut off some old cowboy boots and paint them white?

Rock- way to go! I'm so happy for your well payed off efforts. You deserve a reward- how are you planning to celebrate?

Adna- that is such great news about your work. And hope for the rest of us...

Free- I agree and my thoughts have followed a similar pattern... Thanks for sharing that .

Well, looks like we have only one trick or treating tomorrow. Everyone else is mostly interested in making sure that our candy supply will be ample.

Happy boo-day, fools

Bwahahahaha
Old 10-30-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Hey everyone,
On day 6 today! And totally excited for Halloween... my biggest holiday pretty much. OMG!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for it since July, haha. I am not going anywhere where there is drinking this year. Thankfully, Halloween and alcohol are not tied to each other for me, so I can deal. But there IS a huge drinking party happening the next day... not going to that ether. Things are ok right now. Hope everyone else is ok.

And Obo, I wish you peace in waiting for those results. Hope everything is ok!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi all, there's WiFi here so thought I'd check in. I'm back in my room. It's was a lovely very civilised wedding, no pressure to drink at all. Lots of happy memories made today. And, best of all, not too late to bed, I can enjoy this lovely hotel room.

Luc, well done on 6 clear days. I had a feeling that Halloween would be your thing!

Sleep well everyone
Old 10-30-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Thanks again for all the support Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday I think we get some answers.....

Happy Halloween all, especially LUC, this seems like your time of the year!!!!

In for the Fools bargain...

stay tuned..........
Old 10-30-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good and ghastly Halloween everyone
Hope you get some answers Mariah

D
Old 10-31-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm in for the Fools Bargain too. "There ain't no stopping us now".

Just about to get out of this comfy bed and get downstairs for breakfast, no hurry. Perhaps just one more cup of tea.