Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 16

Old 10-22-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Just a quick goodnight and I'm thinking of you all!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey Fools...
Good to see Up and Present....

Hope all are well........

stay tuned................
Old 10-22-2014, 10:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

So glad you both checked in Up and Present. I loved that quote, Up. I think it's quite relevant.
Present, I think it's good to check in when things are going well. It shows those who are struggling that it really is possible to get to the other side. I needed to see that when I first showed up here. I'm really happy to hear about how well you're doing.
Gough Whitlam sounds like an impressive politician, and I'm glad you're here Obo, but I'm still more likely to credit your parents for it.
I think it'd day 6 for you Chick, I hope it's been a good one.
Freein and Topspin, I do that exact same thing. I'll spend hours/days/weeks researching something I should just do. Like you Freein, I spent a ridiculous amount of time reading about various ways to stop doing drugs, and finally realized I just needed to do it.
Solitary, it's so good to see all the progress you've made and continue to make. I know it's been really hard work, but you are so very worth it.
Izzy, he's mostly leaving me alone. I'm really thankful for caller ID these days. I hope all is well with you.
Rocks, day 4 now? I hope your classes aren't too intense, and that you're taking care of yourself.
Lucrezia, I spent some time reading your blog, it's a courageous undertaking.
Mariah, how are things down south?
Applekat and Soliloquy, I miss you both and hope you check in soon.
I just spent another day reading too much and accomplishing too little, but feeling bad about it now serves no purpose at all, so all I can do is move forward from here. I think I'll be working pretty late into the night. I have some really good audiobooks to help keep me going, one of my favorite strategies to keep me focused on my work. I'm feeling pretty good about life in general these days, and feel really good about being present and unaltered all of the time. The time passed so slowly at the beginning, but now it's going really fast. At first I was counting hours, then days, then weeks, now months. I really look forward to counting years. I'm still kind of amazed by how good I feel.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Chickchick, hope you're sleeping well tonight.

Adna, time is flying by for me also. Even days at work are going quickly. The weekends always seemed such a long way off, now I seem to gallop towards them. I think it does have something to do with being more present, no longer wishing time to go by so I can open a bottle.

Yes, life is much happier since kicking the poison in to touch.

Izzy, I'm waiting for Sherlock to start again, apparently it won't be televised until next year, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Present, I think it's helpful to hear how people's lives have improved through sobriety. It's good to hear from you in any case.

For me, SR is part of my long term strategy. In the past I've "beaten the demon" only to find that the beast is just biding time. It's the support of all of you that's made the difference this time, so it would be mad for me to start going it alone again.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

For me, SR is part of my long term strategy. In the past I've "beaten the demon" only to find that the beast is just biding time. It's the support of all of you that's made the difference this time, so it would be mad for me to start going it alone again.

Too right Freein, ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning Fools - Happy this morning....have 70 some days today & so grateful for that. My emotions are up & down but really working on coping with my feelings/life like a big girl. I have been listening to an audio in my car called "Don't sweat the small stuff & it is all small stuff".....some great thoughts/ideas for coping & just being a better person.

Gotta Run - I'm with Freein & Obo....you all have been & will continue to be such a big support to me, I can't even express how much
Old 10-23-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks izzy
Old 10-23-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Another sober day has come to an end here. I'm ready to go to bed, but I'm going to do some stretches before hitting the sack. It's a healthier way to wind down than watching tv, and seems to help me get a good night's sleep.

Friday tomorrow, so the Fools Bargain is reinstated.

Hope everyone's found time to rest at least a bit today.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Stopped drinking on Anzac Day, 24th April 2014.

OBO HAS 6 MONTHS SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 24th October 2014!

Was on the ferry this morning on my way to work, thinking how good it is to be able to say and feel that.
In 5 days I turn 40.
Cant beleive the changes that have taken place, since making such a life changing decision.
New house, new job, new baby!
All relationships in my life are significantly better and my relationship with the Universe is healing and moving towards peace. At long last!

I could not have done this without the the Fools. There is absolutely no doubt that being in contact with the gang, on good days, but particularly the bad ones has given me the support, company, understanding, compassion and trust to get through 6 months of sobriety.

THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In for the Fool's bargain this weekend.

Hope all are well!

stay tuned..................
Old 10-23-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Big Congrat Obo !!

What a huge milestone,...

Old 10-23-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Soooo Proud of you Obo (all teary eyed) Contratulations on 6 months of sobriety
Old 10-23-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congrats Obo!!!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Obo !

Way to go- thanks for sharing your journey with us . So excited for you!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations obo

D
Old 10-23-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congratulations Obosob!!! 6 months is a huge accomplishment, and it's wonderful to see all the changes in your life, and to get to be on this journey with you.
I hope all the Fools are doing well tonight.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

congratulations Obo, I'm so pleased for you. What a great way to begin your 40s!
Old 10-24-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning Fools
I'm up and going early this morning. The kids have the day off of school so we have a fun day planned about w hours away to do some fun stuff and go to the zoo. My mom is going along also. Should be fun. Next time you here from me I should be exhausted but sober. Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-24-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Congrats obo
Old 10-24-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hello. I haven't been checking in regularly like I intended so I'm just going to post real quick. I need to go back and catch up on what's going on with everyone.

I slipped up one time about a week ago. My husband brought home a 9 pack of 16oz beer and I had four of them.

The next day I wrote it down in one of those little daily planner books. I then went back and put X's on all of the days that I hadn't drank since the last time. I had planned on recording my slip ups by writing them down in an ugly little notebook but since we moved I'm not sure where it is and this seemed like a better idea. Every night I mark an X before I go to bed (X for every day I don't drink, obviously). I slipped up 1/15 days. Looking at it this way has helped encourage me, rather than think "well I already screwed up once". It also feels very gratifying to mark that day box with an X each night. It reminds me of getting a gold star sticker when I was a kid.

Have a good day everyone