Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 16

Old 10-26-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I'm doing well again today, just another work day nothing crazy...<3
Old 10-26-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Mariah I hope he is feeling better soon. That virus sounds really nasty, I'm glad you are taking him in. Let us know how he is.
I'm feeling his pain a bit. I'm running 100.7 and can hardly swallow. Yuck.
The school shooting is horrible. It is sad when you alway have that little worry in the back of your mind when you send your kids off to school.

Glad you are doing good today ST.

I'm gong to try and catch a bit more sleep. Have a good Sunday fools!
Old 10-26-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I haven't heard the news yet. A shooting in a school is a monstrous thought. I hope there were no casualties.

Mariah, hope your son's temperature calms down soon.
Chickchick, hope you feel better soon too.
ST, hope your day at work is a good one. Is it tomorrow that you hear about your apartment? Fingers crossed for you.

I've been outside quite a bit today. Cleared the runner bean canes in the veg patch, and sanded down a bit more of the dresser. I'm really enjoying pottering in the garage with various gadgets. Why should the men have all the fun!

I have a short week at work ahead, because I have a wedding to go to on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to it. I have a room in the hotel booked, so I'm hoping no one will notice if I sneak off early to make full use of the facilities. I love hotel rooms, nothing to do but read a book and have a bath, aaahhh.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Oh no Mariah! My mom is always worried about every little thing and has been keeping me updated on that virus. I hope it's not that, it sounds like a bad bug. I'm glad you're taking him in and I hope he gets better soon!

Glad today is going well ST. Good luck tomorrow with the apartment!

Sorry you're feeling under the weather today Chick. I hope you also feel better soon!

Your gardening sounds like such fun freein! And I too love staying in hotels, relaxing, not having to worry about cleaning up and reading a good book.

Cleaning did wonders yesterday. Still lots of organizing, but finally a path from room to room, haha. And nothing's nicer than going to bed on freshly cleaned sheets. Lots of work to do today. Gearing up for my last week of midterms and then hopefully a slightly lighter workload until finals. Wishing everyone a good Sunday!
Old 10-26-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like a great day Freein...wish I would have had time to go out & play
Glad you are having a good day too ST
Great going on the cleaning & organizing Rocks..that's always a good feeling

Took Son in to Doc...his lungs sound good.....prescribed some meds to be proactive with the Asthma. Did not seem concerned that it is the nasty virus & swabbed for strep. He seems better this afternoon & playing on my new Kindle someone very sweet sent me after I wished for one I already called my Boss & told him I would be out tomorrow...have only had a couple of sick days there & really want to just stay home with him . I can use it after finishing the second coat of paint on an entire huge room including the ceiling. Down to 3 small walls that need primed & the 2nd color put on & that seems like it will be a breeze after what I just finished. Also, not feeling so hot myself now & loading up on the vitamin C.

Yes, Rocks...that Enterovirus is a scary one...everyone with little ones should read up on it & be aware.

Sadly Freein, there was a casualty in that school shooting, and 3 others wounded, 2 of them in critical condition with gun shot wounds to their heads...shooter killed himself. tragic & senseless. I have two cousins who teach High School in that area & a young cousin my Sons age gos to another near by High School, so when I heard about it Friday, I thought of them. Wasn't at their Schools, but too close & too often this is happening. This kid was popular, had just been crowned Home Coming Prince.

Thanks for well wishes for Son - Time for me to relax a bit
Old 10-26-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi Topspin< yes I saw that link. Classic lines in there. I think my favourite was " I miss Day 1", ha now that is funny!

ST: I hope you're getting some serious help man. Even writing these thoughts of suicide is really scary mate!

Wife at the doctors this morning. The doctor rang on Friday, and said that after the tests they make you do here, our baby was in the risk area for down syndrome. That my wife is also 40 hasn't helped and now they have us as a 1/250 chance of there being a problem. So she's gone in to get another test to see if it's a definite, or there's no worries.

I haven't been sleeping well. It's another bloody test again for Obo. We're at 13 weeks and all looked fine on the ultrasound, heart beat, arms legs feet and hands etc. The doc said no worries then the official tests came back. There could be a problem is the bottom line.

Strewth!

Now is the time where I need to have faith in the Universe, live in the moment, put the yogic practices together, get centered and balanced.
But I find myself awake out on the balcony smoking staring into the night sky and praying.
Praying I've heard is like wishing for adults.......

Fingers crossed today dudes!!!!!

stay tuned.................
Old 10-26-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Obo- I'm praying for you too. Pregnancy can be such an exciting but stressful time! Sending lots of peace and love your way.

(I loved that list too- one of my favs: "because there are neighbors bushes I haven't woken up in yet")

Mariah- glad he doesn't have the bad virus. I ended up (finally) taking my daughter to the dr. A day of antibiotics later and she's better(and hopefully we'll be sleeping at night again).

Rock- good luck on your tests.

Free- you'll have to keep us updated on how the veg powder works. I tried some stuff from essential oils that I was given and I noticed a marked increase in energy and clear thinking- "red xing" juice or something.

ST, how are you? Thx for checking in- have been thinking about you

Chick- hope you're feeling better.

Adna- how's work ?

Yes, The news on the shooting was so sad.

I'm finishing up a great book- have had the laziest weekend. Back to busy tomorrow!

Nite, fools
Old 10-26-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Obo....I have a feeling everything is going to be just fine with the little one Worrisome anyway, I know. Thinking good thoughts for you all & hope you can get some good sleep.

Glad you had a lazy day too Izzy
Old 10-26-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sure things will be fine too Obo - I'd rather they were too cautious rather than not cautious enough?

Best wishes for you and your wife - and the bub

D
Old 10-27-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Obo, I hope the test went well this morning. I also think it's better to be over cautious than under, but sometimes these test can cause a lot of worry for parents to be. Best wishes to you, Mrs Obo and the little'n.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Mariah, glad your son is doing a bit better and you get to take the day off. Hope you don't catch it as well!

And good luck with the continued tests obo. I know such things can cause a lot of anxiety and I'm sure the doctor is being cautious to make sure that everything is going well. Sending prayers your way!

Glad you had a lazy weekend izzy. I'm envious!

Feeling good about starting this week. Much better than starting last week, anyway. Will be so happy to be done with my exams Wednesday evening. In the mean time just trying to take deep breaths.

Anyway, happy beginning of the week all! And to everyone who hasn't checked in, hope you're doing well! And do let us know when you have a moment.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Rocks, Wednesday eve will come round in no time. Hope you breeze through the rest of your exams
Old 10-27-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Thanks freein!!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I'm up early again this morning. Just getting ready for a busy day. After today I have the rest of the week off! I have a wedding to go to, but other than that there will be lots of free time.

Just have to make sure I finish all of my "must do's" today. I'll get to work a little early to give myself a fighting chance.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi Freein, hope you have a good day too!!!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good Morning, and evenings to Obo and Dee out east living in the future !?

Freein, ...I can hear the excitement in your voice for the rest of the week off, ...and not a bit of anxiety about whether drinking at the wedding will be a worry.

Obo, ..sending prayers your way they don't keep you waiting much longer and everything's fine. Keep the faith man.

Mariah, ...glad your son doesn't have that bad flu virus out there. Sounds like your interior painting is going good !?!! Getting a lot closer on this exterior now.
Just a few details to go for me now, ... waiting for the putty glazing to set up and can start on the hurricane shutters, ...they've always been in bad shape since I painted them a week after I fabricated them with treated wood some 16 years ago. Learned later the paint is guaranteed to fail unless the treated gets to season 6 months , .. oops ?

Rocks, ...good luck on the midterms tomorrow. Glad the cleaning and organizing is helping things. I've been pecking away at the same ,,...no midterms, thank goodness, but the organizing and cleaning really seems to help with some peace of mind. Less visual chaos and all that.

Finally got out for a bike ride yesterday, ...it wasn't pretty but managed 26 miles on the new tires. Looking forward to more of that in this incredible fall weather. Real balancing act juggling these projects, work and some consistent workouts,....

Izzy, ...glad you had a little down time, ...you deserve it !

Chick, Hope that fever doesn't linger
...you feeling better ?

ST, ...glad you're feeling better man, ....keeping my fingers crossed y'll get set up in the new crib soon.

Dee, ....
Old 10-28-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Good morning fools.
Obo I'm prating evertrying will be fine with your little one.
Rocks I hope your midterms go well!
You all that are painting need to come to my house me+paint=fail! The chicken coop is all I've allowed myself to paint in quite sometime. Surely they don't know I can't paint right?
I'm on antibiotics and feeling a bit better, thank goodness. On day 12, no cravings really so that's good. I'm feeling strong this time around and am cautiously optimistic that this time will stick for good.
Happy Tuesday everyone.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

" I'm feeling strong this time around and am cautiously optimistic that this time will stick for good."

That's great to hear CC,
..chicken coop's a great warm up project !
It takes me a bit to get back into painting, ...,,..def. better starting on the walls I'll never look at !?!

26/ 26
Old 10-28-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Tops, you've practically rebuilt your home over the past few months. What will you do when you've finished all of your projects?

I'm joining the painting gang tomorrow. Hoping to put some primer on the dresser, and decide about colours to use. I'm just going to celebrate my individual lack of creativity. I've heard that it's possible to be so unfashionable that you're actually seen as fashionable, so perhaps the same is true for creativity.

Chickchick, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today.
Mariah, hope your son is also feeling better.

Hope the day/night is going well for everyone, see you all tomorrow
Old 10-28-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hiya fools -

Free- sounds like a great week ! I love hotels too. Hope you enjoy the wedding- and the painting. I had my fill of that over the summer. Think I'm done with home improvement projects for a while . But do tell how that dresser turns out. I'll just continue home improving vicariously through you ... And topspin ... and CC... And Mariah ... We a bunch o paintin fools.

Top - sounds like things are lookin up quite nicely at your place . I'm the same way about working on the outside to feel better on the inside . I cleaned baseboards last week. I feel better just thinking about it .

Rocks - you studying tonite? By the end of my college career- I would time it so that I'd procrastinate till the very last possible minute to complete the paper or studying for the test. I hope your study skills are better than mine were!

CC- glad you're feeling better. Feeling yucky can so put a damper on everything.

Obo- how did everything turn out? Have you heard anything else?

I'm going to bed early tonite. Guess I'm getting old- going to bed early with a book actually sounds fun :/.

Hope everyone's doing well !

❤️