Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 19

Old 10-21-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Itchy- I don't generally do internet when I drive- although I am guilty of texting at times or trying to look at the map app on my phone to figure out where I am or where I am going. And I do eat and drive. Gosh, I'm not sounding overly responsible here. Sorry to hear about the no-show. Some people are just strange as you said.

Drake- Nice reflections. It's amazing how our approach and thoughts about the world change when we quit drinking.

I had a super busy day yesterday and looking forward to another busy day today. I had a long day at work yesterday and then spent a couple of hours exloring the area. I've stayed in this town before, but not since my drinking days. In fact, this was the first place I ever bought beer. I was still underage, but was out of alcohol and didn't know anybody in the area to buy it for me. I was thrilled when they didn't card me.

Anyway, I am off to finish up some stuff for a customer and then heading into their office to deliver it. Then on to the next customer on my list of people to visit. Being busy does keep my mind from wandering to places it's better off not going.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

So last night the friend that moved called and told me he was meeting some other folks for dinner at a bar/restaurant near by. Long been a regular there even now that I do not spend $40-$50 a night like I used to. The bartender and waiters know I do not drink.

So Derek hands me my usual club soda and lime with a splash of cranberry and I carry it to the table. I take a sip and there is a LOT of vodka in it! I guess it is a sign of a good recovery that I spit it out in the glass and immediately thought "that cr... is AWFUL!"

Derek was so apologetic and I told him I now had to give my 18 month chip back! He had 3 drinks that looked alike and in the rush I got the wrong one.

How did I ever think that nasty venom was good?
Old 10-21-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Drake,
You did not pick up and you spit it out! Why would you consider yourself relapsed??? If you drank it or swallowed twice, once where you choked, and then because it was alcohol that would be way different.

It's your sobriety and your path brother. But I disagree with your length being blown.

I can't make up my mind on what to do with my truck first, but the quiet muffler is the one I think I'll take care of first. I went down to the muffler shop to get an estimate. Turns out the guy I bought it from just removed the muffler and it has just a straight pipe. Loud!

I think I like having a shaved head and am considering going this way at least until my MIL grows hers back after she's through with chemo. My youngest son shaves his but he went bald at 19. Only bald head in the family. I've a full head of steel gray hair, not even thinning. But now that it isn't pasty white, it feels natural. And boy is it easy to do in the morning. No shampoo just soap the head with everything else!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Drake - still here Glad you could taste the vodka. I agree with Itchy you didn't relapse.

SF - hope you enjoyed your steak bakes.

DG - you're a busy bee.

Itchy - no muffler? Was the guy a redneck? I like to tweak stuff but it has to be an improvement on the original, not just make it louder.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Drake I hope you were joking about your chip! You certainly didn't drink, not in any way that counts. I am the most critically honest person on the planet, and if I had done what you did, I certainly would not have considered it impinging on my sobriety in any way. You keep that chip close babes, you earned it. Was Derek the guy who talked you out of drinking months back when you were tempted???

DG I'm glad you got over your empty feeling, I get that sometimes, you work so hard at your sobriety, sometimes when you stop to breath perhaps you just wonder 'what now?'

I have had a tough few days HALT checking every box but strangely not a single urge. Still a lot of stress ahead of me but I know I will take it all in my stride.

Itchy, that is one awesome picture, my eurofighter is well impressed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (21.8 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-22-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
instant

I won't post a video of my music soon. There is no video!!

I cannot sing and I am struggling with the complexities of home recording, mixing etc so don't hold your breath

we had band troubles- musical differences, and of the personality clash type- "you'll never work in this town again" sort of thing- so sad. It's interesting how may don't realise how well we have it- anyway there is a general agreement that there are now officially no singers in the band
Old 10-22-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

It can take a while to find the right line up Instant - musos tend to have pretty healthy egos - and it can take a while to get used to recording etc - but you will, mate...if I can do it anyone can
Old 10-22-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Dee I have to say, you are looking handsome!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Just joking about the chip, sorry to get anyone concerned! I don't think Derek even knew what I was talking about!

have a good Wednesday Overs!

(Welcome back toots! )
Old 10-22-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Itchy- Glad to hear you're enjoying the bald head.

I have lots to do today. But just feelling a bit burnt out at the moment. I didn't want to get up when the alarm went off and just kept hitting the sleep button. So, I've given myself permission to have a slow morning getting out of the motel. I have enough leeway in my schedule for the day to be able to afford it.

At this point, I am so ready to just go home. I love to travel, but it does get old after a while. Especially since I try to fit in work and time to explore the areas. Just a couple more days to push through and I will be done out here.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

I am a baldy Itchy, been so for over 4 years now. I had so little left it was the natural thing to do. Once upon a time, I had a jungle... but that lasted till my 30's. Son is going the route it seems.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Toots - I usually look this way around the end of October

D
Old 10-22-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Toots - neat picture.

instant - sorry to hear about the strife in your band.

Dee - I hate to tell you this but the Botox isn't working for you

DG - take care.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Not sure about the Botox, but Dee you have a real 'Trout Pout' thing going, and I vaguely remember that shade of green from my imbibing days!!!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyones a comedian LOL

D
Old 10-23-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

dee, you might consider getting a nose job?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Rusty - that made me lol
Old 10-23-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Yes toots, I remember that green too....
Old 10-23-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Dee, I'm not sure about the hair. Perhaps you should consider shaving it all off like Itchy?
Old 10-23-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hi Overs.

I went to bed early last night and figured I'd get a nice night's sleep and still get up nice and early. Then woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep for a few hours. So now, I'm feeling a bit tired. Oh well. Lots to do today.