Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 19

Old 10-15-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee,
Nope all I still see on MBs post is this: "Attached Images" but no images.
I've gotten that on other posts but I can see MB's. I'm starting to think it must a cookie issue because it's not affecting everyone??

Nice cockpit btw Itch... but you need at least 6 more screens
D
Old 10-15-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

DP- Congrats on 21 months!!

Itchy- I'm not sure 6 monitors would be that useful, but I love having a double monitor set-up. Have you considered that?

I'm just downing a cup of coffee before getting ready for the day. I have a work conference that I have to go to so it is going to be a really busy day for me. I'm a vendor there, so it's hard work, not just sitting my butt in a chair and listening to somebody speak.

On the plus side, I was in bed early last night so feeling a bit more rested than yesterday.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mmmmm, Cookies!!!!!!!

Thank all for the congrats, I may lose track of months without counting, but I always remember the 14th. I'm not too worried.... I usually have to work out my age from my year of birth as I genuinely forget. I often add a year on! I fully expect to be drummed out of the 'women's club' any day now.....
Old 10-15-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Hi again! Can't believe 5 days have passed since I was on here....lol!

Toots - that's where I work so I'm sure we will be able to work something out

Congrats everyone on all the milestones
Old 10-15-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Yesterday was another ten hour day, then there were delays all the way home as there is a transit strike on, so it took TWO HOURS to get home! Ate some food, went to sleep, and up at FIVE AM for some reason. My stupid brain just will not let me sleep enough. So annoying! I have a feeling it's partly to do with the amount of coffee I'm suddenly drinking, but I need to be able to concentrate and write for that long. And staring at a computer screen for ten hours! Not healthy...any tips about this guys? Itchy? It's all good though, I'm having fun and learning lots about SEO writing which is great.
I found an Italian milk frother in my cupboard, so now I can make soy macchiatos. Which makes me incredibly joyful. Soy macchiato + jazz = happy IP.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

instant - happy chillin'

DG - have a good conference. Good to hear you are more rested.

IP - I like your equation "Soy macchiato + jazz = happy IP."

A day in the workshop for me.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Good monrning overs. I'm just gulping down a cup of coffee, checking in here breifly and trying to wake up.

My conference is going well. It is good to have a chance to see all of my customers. And I think I made a couple of good sales too. It is tiring though. When they are in their classes, it is just super boring sitting and guarding the booth. And then when they get out, the crowd is a bit overwhelming. It just makes for long days. Anyway, today is the last day, so I'm just psyching myself up to go finish this up.

Then this weekend, I am planning to stay in the mountains in a smal cabin. I am looking forward to that.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great weekend DG! Enjoy!
Old 10-16-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Aha!
Now I see it! And can agree, gorgeous pic MB!

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, Overries!

Haven't posted here in a while. Just back from vacations - super great. And immensely enjoying it sober!

So, I am still alive, still kicking, and...celebrating TWO YEARS SOBER TODAY!!!

Endless thank you, my friends, for being on this sobriety road with me!

My hugs and love to all of you!

And pic from my sober vacations.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Rusty Zippy and Dee,
That is what I am on now as the replacement is here. But I can't access my account for it until they receive my old one. So I am stuck with Windows 8 for a few days more, then I can get the 8.1 drivers and the warranty transferred to the new Service tag.

Dee,
Just cause the Dee NOC (Network Operating Center) has six screens does not mean I need those. See I only have to moderate myself! Not a whole forum of ex drunks! That is like trying to herd cats! .

DG,
that is a 27" touch monitor on that all in one. I can split the screen into two screens and four if needed. And it is Quad HD resolution. If I put another screen in here I will need to mount my office chair on a rail and have it zip across at the end of each sentence to the beginning of the next, like the carriage return on old typewriters. I can do all sorts of things with snapping screens on Windows 8.1 with touch.

Instant,
Hard drive recorder? I'll have you know I am the least productive person with the exception of working here at home having fun and playing with real machinery on my 5 acre sandbox. But productive as in making money or doing a job where you have to . . . OK I'll use that four letter word W-O-R-K? ( I had to spell it out, my mouth will not say it) I am doing Nada, as in in Nada thing!

IP,
My tip is to keep drinking coffee and getting less sleep as long as you are having fun!
But then again, I drink more than two 12 cup pots a day all by myself, because my Significant Harassment insists on keeping at a job that pays because she says she cannot stand looking at the back of my head as I write all day, so until 5 there is no one else to blame it on!

BTW folks, They are trying to find anything wrong with coffee and the latest from the Mayo Clinic says this:

"Recent studies have generally found no connection between coffee and an increased risk of cancer or heart disease. In fact, most studies find an association between coffee consumption and decreased overall mortality and possibly cardiovascular mortality, although this may not be true in younger people who drink large amounts of coffee.

Why the apparent reversal in the thinking about coffee? Earlier studies didn't always take into account that known high-risk behaviors, such as smoking and physical inactivity, tended to be more common among heavy coffee drinkers at that time.

Studies have shown that coffee may have health benefits, including protecting against Parkinson's disease, type 2 diabetes and liver disease, including liver cancer. It also appears to improve cognitive function and decrease the risk of depression."

Source: Coffee and health: What does the research say? - Mayo Clinic

Besides, we all get eternal rest one day!

Hi to all my over 1 fellow travelers, my thought for today:
Live it like you mean it!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

DG - the cabin sounds good.

Itchy -
If I put another screen in here I will need to mount my office chair on a rail and have it zip across at the end of each sentence to the beginning of the next, like the carriage return on old typewriters.
- Nice image, thinking of you zipping back and forth will make me smile all day.

I love coffee but if I drink it after noon I can say goodbye to sleep at night.

Today, more shopping then into the workshop.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

There is an espresso machine at work. I am on my second americano of the day.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Well I have settled into a REALLY , REALLY, REALLY quiet term at work. It is my "transition term" as I call it. The majority of my class is 'off site" doing other stuff. (Any where BUT my classroom). This has allowed me time to do reports ON TIME !!!!! and meet with parents.

I am slowly edging my way into my hectic summer. It will get a bit crazy soon , at least work is quiet. My kids are looking forward to their summer sports. Youngest enjoyed her first game of cricket last week. I am loving playing social hockey... survived the second game in my life yesterday. Next week my eldest daughter is able to play. That will be nice playing in the same team as her ... never thought it would be on a hockey field

All is amicable on the home front.

Take care ALL
Old 10-17-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Good to see you LSC! and all the fine Overs this AM!

If coffee were the subject of this forum, I would not even be here! I love my coffee, I measure my daily consumption in pots, not cups.

Been a stressful couple of days at the old work, the loons in one of my condo buildings are acting up as usual. They are divided into two factions and there is hate flowing freely. Makes my work more difficult.

indulged in a massage by a fellow a friend recommended. He was great, but I am a bit sore this AM, he works you hard!

Indulging in sushi tonight with a high school friend who also lives here in KC tonight. Sushi is another addiction, a bit milder than coffee.. but once I get started... watch out.

Speaking of KC, the whole city is baseball mad. Even the fountains are colored blue for the Royals. Me? Like to see them win, but I am not an enthusiast.

have a fine and dandy weekend Overies!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Overs

Just a quick check in as I begin my homeward journey tomorrow, so maybe AWOL for. Day or two. ( or I may be lurking even more often than usual, depends on how much time I find I have on my hands and whether I get any sleep on the flight!

FG I will pm you when I get settled, for def.

IP coffee is my 'other' addiction. One I have no intention of treating, other than with copious amounts of coffee of course! But like Andy I don't drink it after lunchtime. I think perhaps the novelty of your situation is responsible for your early mornings, once your body has had enough sleep to manage on, the synapses flashing across your brain with all the new thoughts and emotions are waking you up. As you settle into the familiarity of it all I'm sure you will begin to sleep longer. Try herbal teas at night, and no caffeine after 2pm.

LDT enjoy your down time! I have a feeling I am going to be like an ant on speed over the next few weeks!
Everyone, I hope you have a good weekend with plenty of time to chill, smell the hot beverage of your choice and enjoy the amazing creation that is the world we live in.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Well, I am glad to have the day off. I slept in a bit this morning and now drinking a nice cup of coffee. I have a bit of a drive down to my cabin for tonight and tomorrow. But I can take it at my own pace.

The last couple have days have been super crazy. I've been so busy and low on sleep. That makes it hard to stick to any sort of recovery behaviors. I can feel it in my mental state. I just feel resentful.

So, I need to flip my thinking around and enjoy the weekend. I have so much to be thankful for. I really have come a long way with not drinking- this year at the open bar in the evening at the conference, I really didn't think about it over-much. I drank a coke the first night and water the second, found people to talk to, and ate the food. This time last year, I was much more worried about having to be around a bunch of people drinking. Now, there is something kind of liberating about it. These yearly events can really hi-lite the gowth I've experienced.

Now, I am looking forward to what will be an amazing weekend. I really have so much to be grateful for. I don't know why it is easier sometimes to focus on the few things that don't go well than all of the things that are going great.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Andy,
It's almost that funny now. See, I'm nearsighted and read from about 12" away so I already lean a bit, that's what I think of reading wide screen smallish type, and leaning back. It is as bad as two screens would be for a nearsighted person. If the sentences ran over to the other screen.

LSC1,
Sounds like a calm before a storm! Enjoy the sine wave trough, the peak as you said will come. Glad all is well at home especially.

IP!
Oops! I forget you're in Germany. I could not drink German coffee all day as it is very strong. My pots are like a Keurig light roast. I drink coffee sometimes right before bed. I just sleep wired. My sleep switch cannot be changed around. I don't nap, get 8-9 hours sleep, fall asleep within ten seconds after being up 16 hours. My SH says she lies there waiting for it for from ten to thirty minutes. She used to get very jealous of my instant sleep and deep sleep pattern. Distress and Eustress both wear me out in a positive way. If distressed, my fatigue is my body telling me to sleep on it. I do and usually either have an answer of alternatives, or am rested and ready to generate all the possible alternatives, and pick the best. It may not make me happy but must be the best. Lots of the time the cause comes clear, where I defined the symptom as the problem.

Drake,
Amen on the coffee. I don't like, or do, energy drinks. No iced tea at home but I do have a cup of hot tea, a nice Earl Grey, or flavored black or green tea. No milk, sweetener and a dash of lemon juice. I used to drink my coffee light and sweet, but switched last year to black, nothing in it. I love it that way except for an occasional dark roast with one of my SH's flavored creamers. But when I do, I realize I just like my coffee black. She has the Keurig, me my Hamilton Beach brew station, the one drip coffeemaker with no glass carafe to dribble and make a mess. The cost of the Keurig cups is absurd but much better than the cost of the same coffee at a Starbucksme without even kissing me first!

Toots!!!
Mmmm cookies??? now that was funny!

DG,
Welcome to the one year and recovered club! It isn't complacency. I let go of my awareness of my past or present sipply of alcohol, and flushed all my triggers as they all trigger things like coffee and when I really need a kick the occasional non-diet, high test Coke! I also love a new flavor. Shasta makes a killer diet grapefruit soda! Much better than Fresca.

Gotta go and get this tablet ready to return.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Quick chime in re coffee - that has been a past addiction of mine and one that I have had to give up more than once - lol! Now I very rarely drink coffee, mainly just tea.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi Overs.

I gave up coffee, but wasn't able to stick to that one for long. I know I would probably feel better if I kicked it, but just can't. So, here I am sipping on a nice hot cup of it and having a slow Saturday morning.

Been feeling kind of off-center lately. So, I'm trying to regain my balance. Went to bed early last night and slept in late, so feeling a bit more caught up on sleep. Starting with a slow, relaxing morning. I booked my cabin kind of late and ended up with a budget place- on the side of the hiway. I think there is a motorcycle rally going on somewhere nearby. I keep hearing noisy bikes drive by. Not quite what I had in mind. BUT, I booked this place more because of the surroundings than because I had super high expectations for the cabin itself.

A 10 minute drive and I will be in the middle of the national forrest without all the noise. I plan on a hike and a picnic. Then maybe driving around and checking out the area a bit more. I've been here before, but never with any time to check much out.

Hopefully a nice Saturday and a hike through the woods will have me feeling a bit restored.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
instant

Hi everyone- hope you are all well. Up early on Sunday am, playing guitar and composing the latest ditty- recording it with computer. My garden is looking good- I bought a hedge trimmer and went crazy making things neat and cutting back for new growth. I need to talk to my wife about the lemon tree- she has no idea about cutting off branches and thinks its a sin.

Had a dinner with friends last night- it's great how I don't even notice the wine anymore and just enjoy the company and laughs