# 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sleep well IP
D
Old 10-13-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yo!
Hey Zippy! Same here. Remember that Dell giant all in one that took two months of replacements which required weeks each for me to update then update to 8.1 from 8? Then load MS Office 2010 and start downloading four years of Office and now two years of Windows 8 updates then the 8.1 updates, then . . . .the third worked OK in April?

I AM CONFIGURING THE FOURTH ONE NOW, JUST GOT IT IN TODAY!!!

But that's not all! My Dell tablet new in April just had the camera go bad and the graphics keep blanking out.

OK, Dell is great on their warranty coverage. But dang! Thank goodness I'm a tech! Just got the box for the tablet last week but kept it so I had all my settings and passwords available quickly as it does work except for the camera and the screen rebooting a few times a day.

So that is where I've been.

I will be doing the updates for days!

Dee,
They have no idea how many "D"s you have around here!

Everyone,
Have a great!

Michael, nice rose! Thanks!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs,

neferka - beautiful rose.

Toots - shout if you need me. We have trees to plant and a hedge to lay. Early in the new year we have some coppicing to do. Unless you own several acres a bit of gardening would be a rest!

IP - 11 hours! that's a long shift.

Itchy - have 'fun?' with your updates.

Today I have to do a town shop. On the positive side it's a nice walk. Down to the canal, across some fields and then up the river into the centre of town.
Enjoy your days.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Overries!

Haven't posted here in a while. Just back from vacations - super great. And immensely enjoying it sober!

So, I am still alive, still kicking, and...celebrating TWO YEARS SOBER TODAY!!!

Endless thank you, my friends, for being on this sobriety road with me!

My hugs and love to all of you!

And pic from my sober vacations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sunset.jpg (86.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 10-14-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Re-Member

MB! Two years is huge!!!

Pic?
Old 10-14-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations MB

D
Old 10-14-2014, 02:13 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thanks, Itchy and Dee!

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
MB! Two years is huge!!!

Pic?
Itchy, what's wrong with my picture?))
Old 10-14-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Administrator

attachments seem to be a bit slow these days. I reckon you'll be able to see it now Itch

D
Old 10-14-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey all,

MB thanks for the reminder! I knew it was an anniversary for me today but genuinely forgot how many months, but I always remember I am five behind you! Congratulations on 2 years sweetheart, few here will be aware of some of the past hurt that you have had to deal with in those 2 years, and have the mental fortitude to confront not just those issues but the cause of them, head on time and again. You have had the inner core of strength to deny yourself the easy route of running back to hide behind a bottle, and I am proud to have been able to be a friend to you throughout the last number of months. You truly do rock sweetheart, and never, ever forget it!

So for those without fingers or calculators, that makes me 19 months sober today. Thanks to SR and those friends who have become family to me over those months. I know that I had to do the hard work, but I also know that without the support here, i couldn't have succeeded.

Dee, I see your D now! And Floyd! I am one happy bunny!

Love the seasonal avatar Zip!

Glad the evensong went well Drake, you will miss your pastor though.

Andy, I'm not sure officially what we have in acreage, we do have mad fir trees that hadn't been tamed in their early days surrounding the entire property and by now weeds up to the yazoo! We have t yet had a cold snap which would help deal with that. I do have a new gardener that our girl hired to mow the lawns who seems quite keen, so I may see if he is completely gaga and willing to work for peanuts!

DG, I need my independence, I also need to maintain my coping abilities incase I ever found myself alone again. ( should the current Mr T suddenly become worth more dead than alive, for instance......) you are right not to think too far ahead, I am trying not to, but the temporary nature of everything over the next few months make it difficult not to. Emotionally I am seeking firmer ground. Ach I will be fine and dandy! Once I have something specific to sink my teeth into, I will just get on with it all.
Happy Tuesday for those in the Northern hemisphere. Night night Dee and Instant!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Congrats on 19 Toots!

Congrats on 2 years MB!

Old 10-14-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

way to go, and thanks toots

and condolences on the updates itch!
Old 10-14-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

MB- Congrats on 2 years!! Glad to see you checking in to let us celebrate with you.

Toots- Congrats on 19 months!!

I am just trying to down a cup of coffee and wake up a bit before getting on with the day. Due to the time zone change with my travels, I'm short an hour of sleep and dragging a bit. But I am thankful for my travel size french press.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Only a ten hour day today haha! Yikes they are taking full advantage of the intern! Oh well, I am looking at it as though it were school, it is only three months and will be invaluable on my CV.
Congratulations on the milestones guys!!! MB-TWO YEARS!! Toots-19 MONTHS!! So awesome and proud of everyone.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Midnight Blue many many congratulations on smashing 2 years....I have followed you in all of the different threads we have been in together and you have been an inspiration to me...I'm so pleased you have hit this milestone and am really proud of you.....Well done...

I have had a busy week putting in nearly 90 hours at work , I have also managed to hit the gym 3 times for weight training and another twice for boxing training so I feel like I have had a very productive week..

I'm off tonight so earlier I had quality time with the kids and then we had a huge family take away and I've just polished off a liter of ice cream...My weight gain is coming along nicely along with my body building and at the moment I'm 11.5 stone , my target is 12.5 stone by Christmas....Not bad considering 2 years ago I was 7 stone lol...

I hope everyone else is well and once again Midnight congrats...

Take care....Steve.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

And Toots many congrats on 19 months....Fantastic achievement.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

MB Connnnnggggrrrraaattts!!!!!! 2 years wow. Can't wait to be there too on Dec 31.
Toots, bravo on 19 months. I'm 1 year 9 months, which is 21 months? I think so.
Also happy to be on this sobriety journey with you guys.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
Nope all I still see on MBs post is this: "Attached Images" but no images.

That is what I meant. Still can't see them MB.

Congrats too Toots! Getting near to two too Toots!

Thanks Andy and Rusty! I was freaking out when it failed the first batch of 122 updates last night but it turned out that I needed to run the McAfee Removal tool as some of the leftovers were interfering with the updates. Once I ran it they loaded fine. So now it is loading data and applications.

Here's the one that was replaced:

Here's my backup system in the spare BR:

Just testing to see if they show.

IP,
You sound like you're having a blast! Boy do we miss Germany. Did you hear that they eliminated all college fees there? Not just for residents either. Americans and any other international can also attend any German University free! And students get lots of freebies that others have to pay full for.

Steve,
I had to go to an online translator to find 12.5 stone is 175 pounds! Dang between Celsius, kilometers, stones, liters, etc. I'm constantly running to convert them in another window. Just kidding. Congrats on the body building gains!

I had a computer call today to fix my mechanic's system and they are swapping me an oil change and brake pad replacement. They have a reliable computer guy and I have the best wrenches in the area swapping me hour for hour. We pay for our own parts just swapping labor.

I helped a friend by writing him up a living will from a Louisiana copy. Lots of my friends can't do a scan to Word with OCR or cutting and pasting.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

MB - beautiful picture. Congratulations again on 2 years.

Toots - congratulations on 19 months.

IP - they're easing up on you already.

Stevie - glad you had a productive week.

Busy day today. Grocery shopping - boy these kids eat too much! Then DD12 has a dental appointment.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

thats some cockpit you have there itch!
Old 10-15-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
instant

You all sound very productive for people who used to spend their spare time drunk. I'm home alone watching TV- only recently bought a hard drive recorder. Cheers!!