Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 19

Old 10-26-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
instant

When i was bored Itchy i thought it was natures way of alerting me to having "spare capacity" - i like the painting analogy - we can't wait for perfect conditions to get started -and heck i need to learn how to paint - i had a go at printing recently using a plate made of gelitin - stuck the results on the wall in the study

Exit stage left
Old 10-26-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Mr Big Moderator Man ...... you trying to scare the new members?
Old 10-26-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

just a little in joke I won't be explaining J

D
Old 10-26-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

toots
plaited nose hair, but it suits you!
lol!

and thanks treer!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Toots, I am an aviation fan! Love the sleek, sexy Vulcan and was thrilled to hear one has been restored to flight. The Handley-Page Victor, however, was the oddest looking plane ever! I went to our local airport a few years ago to see the RAF VC-10 that was parked there for a few days. Never quite knew what it was doing in KC.

Never rode in a Robin, but have seen a few in my visits to the UK. Here they are famous as the nemesis for Mr. Bean's Mini.

Feeling ok this AM, having fabulous fall weather here, was almost 80 yesterday, supposed to be almost 90! today. Fall returns next week I hear.

have a good one Overs!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi Overs.

It feels amazing to be home again. Plans for today are just to get settled back in- laundry, grocery shopping, unpacking, maybe wash the bugs off the front of the car if I get the time. Plus I am working on a few last details for my kitchen. I'd almost forgotten I'd painted it and was kind of surprised when I walked in the door to find it painted, lol. Now it's time to figure out what of my wall decorations are going back on the walls and what I want to change. Also kind of time just to re-organize a few things. Once I repaint a room, I want to clean up everything else in it to make it all nice.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Oh and on the topic of posting to new-comers, I actually did make a reply to one of those threads yesterday. And then got my post attacked by another poster. I don't see why people need to attack somebody else's opinion. I'm fine with people posting their feelings or opinion about a topic, but it irks when they can't just accept that other people will look at stuff differently. Sometimes, I get riled up by stuff like that. It leaves me wanting to post back something snarky and get into an argument. Truth be told, when I was new here, I may have done just that, trying to show that I was right. Now, I just unsubscribed from the thread rather than replying, but it is hard not to be a bit irked. I don't want to reply and hijack the original post and distract from the real issue- recovery.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Originally Posted by LSC1 View Post
Mr Big Moderator Man ...... you trying to scare the new members?
Even without an explanation you made me laugh this morning . Not bad considering it is Monday.

Things are going pretty well for me here.

I love summer.

I need to start swimming or running. I am enjoying playing hockey.

Work is really quiet.

Take care all.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
Oh and on the topic of posting to new-comers, I actually did make a reply to one of those threads yesterday. And then got my post attacked by another poster. I don't see why people need to attack somebody else's opinion. I'm fine with people posting their feelings or opinion about a topic, but it irks when they can't just accept that other people will look at stuff differently. Sometimes, I get riled up by stuff like that. It leaves me wanting to post back something snarky and get into an argument. Truth be told, when I was new here, I may have done just that, trying to show that I was right. Now, I just unsubscribed from the thread rather than replying, but it is hard not to be a bit irked. I don't want to reply and hijack the original post and distract from the real issue- recovery.
That was unusual DG. A lot of other folks got attacked too in other threads.

The..er...problem has been attended to, lol

D
Old 10-26-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning, it's off to work day again, but I'd moan if I didn't have a job and the company I work for, tatasteel, is being sold so who knows where our jobs will be. Such is life. It may be a problem but not a drama.

I got a globe app for my I pad as my geography is appalling but it's so interesting seeing all the people here from all areas of the globe. Brill.

When I first started work, nearly 40 years ago, I worked for the gpo telephone exchange and it was in the days there was no std dialling, you couldn't phone 30 miles away without the assistance of me and my telephoning colleagues.
How times have changed that we can speak to people the other side of the world with a press of a button or two.

Wonder what it will be like in 20 years time?

Just me pontificating, again.

Have a great week, overs.

Last edited by Mags1; 10-26-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mags I can still remember not having a telephone - we had to use the one local callbox, or later on, the neighbours.

amazing to think that was 50 years ago or so...

I hope things with come out ok in the wash for you
Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oh yes, the red call box , hehe, they were awful. Then my mum got a phone but we had a shared line, a party line with a lady round the corner. Those were the days, haha.

When we first got an automatic washer my mum and I used to take the mick out of my dad cos he thought it was marvellous, truth be told, we did too, a washing machine with a brain, amazing.
Talking of washing, thanks Dee, I'm getting there, amazingly. Life's great without booze in the formula and a lot of SR.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
instant

Sober Mondays, rode to work in fierce winds- it was exhilarating but slow !! I remeber the Mondays I prayed I could ease up drninking for a bit of breathing space
Old 10-27-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
instant

I also rebeber when i could spell
Old 10-27-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

DG, some of the best wisdom learned

dont put my dog in the fight
Old 10-27-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Morning,
Now I'm thinking about a party line my family had when I was young, different times. All of you Overs have a peaceful, happy Monday.
Bloss
Old 10-27-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Man am I down today... must be something in the air... or the meds going wacky or just old age.
Hope all my Over friends are doing well.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

(Drake), can you change up your routine today? For me, when at my lowest, I try to find a way to engage with people f2f. Since I live remote, if I couldn't go anywhere, I just went for a walk. Sounds simple, but avoiding lazy, lonely and isolation are three things I try to avoid daily. You are probably a bit sad about your good friend that moved? Wasn't he sober a long time? Anyway, my best wishes that the day improves for you.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Oh, DG, since I was the one bugging you about how unique I have found your sober perspective, I decided to look up what happened. Man, that dude is sicker than most. In retrospect, I think my ego may have been that big a time or two in my active addiction. Sorry, but still, your suggestions were SPOT ON!!
Old 10-27-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Yay , I finally started my "Couch to 5K" fitness program, yesterday. It was fun. I am not sore this morning