Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 6

Old 09-20-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Hey Grateful

Right here with you. Just logged in after my day out and about.

You have got this, really you have. Ride it out. It's the AV still having a go. It wants you to think "poor me" Let's have none of it! You're doing superbly well. Kick that AV where it hurts!

Keep posting, we are all here for you.

Failure? I think not. Why? Look at your post. You just wrote 'I do not want to drink' That's power my friend, you have it in bucket loads. Summon some more of it and ride on through. Baby steps
sthlondab - Thank you so much for sharing your strength and encouragement. You are doing superbly as well. It was my AV having a go...I was having a total pity party. Thanks for putting it in perspective and showing me my own strength.

I am quite happy to report that I am sober and in for the night. Challenge to post about sobriety tomorrow from determined99 taken. It is on.

I did kick that AV where the sun don't shine thanks for helping with the kicks from across the pond.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Grateful,

I seem a bit tardy but I am so glad you made it through your trial. Feel good about yourself for overcoming such a challenge. Every once in A while we have to pat ourselves on the back after getting through a difficult time.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brach123 View Post
Hey grateful1, I'm sorry you are having a tough day also. I'm finding it wholly bizarre how up and down I've been feeling, but on the whole there is no doubt it's got more happy and content moments than when I was drinking. Thank God for that. Your family struggles sound tough, my father and one sister have both had times they have pulled away from me but I'm very fortunate they have given me another chance. I really can't bare to hurt them any more and I know the longer I'm sober the better our relationships will get. Hopefully time will help heal your relationships also.

I've just read you next message now and I'm really feeling for you. No matter how bad you are feeling right now though, you know that drinking would only intensify those negative feelings. Try turn your perspective around and focus on all the positive stuff going on in your life and the fact that you are sober and in with a chance of changing the tough stuff you are going through. I know this is easier said than done but I really hope you work through this, somebody told me today; FEAR face everything and recover - you can face this and work through it and you will be even stronger for it. I'm sending power your way my friend!
Brach - Thank you so much. Your comment about drinking only intensifying those negative feelings is so true. I know I would have been more upset and possibly would have sent angry texts which would make it worse. Thank you for helping me to see it differently.

I thought FEAR stood for "F" Everthing And Run. lol. You are right. It is still tough emotionally but I am sober and able to think clearly. I already feel stronger...must have received some of that power you sent over.

Hope your day got better.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
grateful please before you do anything else have something to eat and also something sweet, get the sugar levels up right now. that may help with the shakes too.

could you text your children just to say hey, have a bit of communication with them to perk you up a bit? if we could just snap out of things hun we would not need each others support on here. you are human. Only human.

what could distract you that you enjoy? a walk, swim, a bath, music, movie, a hobby, call a friend, read, drive, jigsaw, sewing, having a nap, go get take out, write down your thoughts, or at the very least stay on here and keep posting til it passes.

I would turn my phone off if the bad texts are the trigger, take the trigger away?
please be strong, don't listen to the AV, its playing you, look how far you've come. and remember you are not alone xxx
pink - Thank you so much for your post.

I realized I wasn't hungry but I had not eaten all day either. I was not physically shaky...just emotionally but I know low blood sugar is a trigger for me so thank you for looking out for me.

I went for a walk to a new place in town where you can order fresh gourmet pizzas to take home and bake. I felt better as soon as I started walking in the fresh air and sunshine. Then I did try calling my kids. Only my daughter answered...did not want to worry her so tried to keep it light. Mentioned some stuff about the wedding and she replied "Mom, try not to take it personally. Maybe they just did not want to burden you because they know how busy you are with all of your jobs." She is 16 going on 30. Really helped put it in perspective.

Sat on a bench and read all the great responses to my post. I am touched by your response. Your concern and suggestions helped me so much. I went to get my pizza and saw they had a fridge full of craft soda, beer and wine. If I had gone in before reading those posts I don't know what I would have bought. Instead I checked out the gourmet sodas and treated myself to a Sasparilla and Butterscotch Root Beer...chock full o' sugar but non-alcoholic. Felt so proud that I did not cave to the AV. Walked out of there with my pizza and soft drinks with my head held high and a big smile on my face.

Going to chill tonight with a movie.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

grateful, im so proud of you :-) hope the pizza and root beer was lush - I wish we had root beer over here, it sounds rather quaint!

keep at it grateful - you have soooo got this!!
I want to see a positive post in the morning when you wake up and remember just how strong you were today :-)

Go grateful!!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Wow, you guys have been busy (4 pages busy) while I was out. Finally caught up on everything...

KNB - Blackberry. I’m from Europe but my partner is American so I have been working on my american style pies. The first one was already pretty good (he said), so trying to improve on that.

Penkins - glad you felt great waking up. I find that can sort out the entire day. Looking forward to the same tomorrow.

Choobie - Definitely was busy, and am quite tired now (2:30am). Definitely worth it though. Zoomba sounds great, I’ve been meaning to try that.

Brach - Big congrats on how you’ve handled the situation! Family arguments are always tough.

Blackbird - as the old saying goes.. micro-nuked-tea is better than no tea at all, haha.

Forabetterlife - I hear you. I’m also slowly starting to accept that I can’t be a ‘normal drinker’. Tonight someone said “I’m sure you can just have one” and without thinking I responded “No, I don’t want to”. Go brain!

Mvngon - I also worry quite a bit when I have to go to pubs or dinners for events. Have you chosen your non-alc drink for the night? Maybe you could drive? I did that tonight, which just puts me in an easier head-space from the start.

Ultra - well done on the training. I’m nowhere close to what you’re training for, but my arms are sore from a workout I did yesterday. Good feeling! And the one with the Bloody Mary in the kitchen used to be me.

Grateful - I should adopt top drawer! I use awesome way too much. Thank you for sharing your reading and good job on using the wisdom and shuffling it down AV’s throat. Nice work today!

1step - Great to hear you had a good time with your girls, and good job on recognising how the related emotions trigger you. That’s half the rent.

London - random blast from the past seems strange indeed. wonder if there’s another reason behind it. glad to hear you’re good anyway.

Myself.. I had a great day shopping with my man and a night out with friends. I ended up taking the car, mostly because it was more practical, but that also helped with the tiniest bits of temptation. Had a massive burger at the beginning of the eve and then orange juice with soda water, tea and non-alc cocktails (can recommend: lychee and grapefruit juice mixed with lemonade). yumm.

It's fascinating for me to watch other people drink. They drink so much slower than I used to, and are so much more at ease with extended periods of empty glasses on the table. Just confirms that I'm a different kind of drinker.

Not drinking gave me the chance to give our friends a ride home and now happily in bed, SR'ing and looking forward to a hangover free tomorrow.

Good night, team.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Choobie View Post
You are going to make it, grateful! Live in this moment and think of the gifts we have right now because of not drinking. Being a calm, loving mother for your children's return, reclaiming your days and evenings. Sobriety is for you, not your family! You got this!
Choobie - Thank you for all your help today. I did make it. I talked to my daughter and tried to just stay focused on how staying sober and taking care of myself will help me be a better mother for them when I am with them again next week. You are right. Sobriety is for me. Thanks for helping to remind me to stay in the moment. So grateful to be sober tonight.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
You can get past this Grateful. Eat. Take a nap. Dance to some music! Just don't drink. Love ya!
Penkins - Thank you. I did eat...that helped so much. I wasn't hungry when I posted but knew I had not eaten all day. I think I overdid the coffee while working. It suppresses my appetite but then my blood sugar gets too low. I did not nap but did get out for a nice walk. I am fortunate to live near a very pretty downtown area with lots of shops and flowers everywhere. Felt better walking and then felt much better after reading the posts here on SR.

When I got home I blasted Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" (lol plz don't judge its just fun to dance to...my kids think i'm funny that I love her)and danced all over my apartment. Felt so great...so free and so powerful...proud to say I did not drink. I stayed sober through all the emotional garbage. Also turns out much of it was just my distorted perspective.

Love ya too!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Went out to dinner tonight. No wine for me but we did have some cheesecake and some awesome bbq!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Sorry guys (and gals) I have been quiet for 2 days or so... but very sober! In fact my wife and I celebrated my 40th day today with a very special pasta dish I love to eat!

Wow, catching up slowly on the posts here... What an amazing support group we have here! I love how we are here 24/7 since we are all over the globe.

Love and sober power to you all !!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hey team A. Just checking in via wifi from a friends house. Miss you all. Seems I'm on the right path here. Not much going on job wise, but think I've truly found a new a path. I wish to work as a vet assistant, my true calling has always been animals. Not much $ there, given I've worked in the electronic defense in the past. And always made good $ in that. Leeds And northrup, L3 , and many others. I'm so done with electronics. I'm so tired of doing military electronics. I can't even begin to think how I want to do another backplane, wire wrap, or such. Its just so tiresome. My new passion is I wish to go back to school, and be involved with animals. So I'm checking out some things, and hope I can get a grant soon. Wish me luck team A! Miss you all. Will be checking in when I can.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best DD

D
Old 09-20-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hi Dingo! Great to hear from you!
It sound like you are turning a corner. Amazing what comes with sobriety! Stay strong, and check in often and post much!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Team August....I was quiet today and tonight while planning and executing the surprise birthday for MIL. Lots of beer and wine served....but I am so happy to report I had sparkling waters and juices all evening. I am officially closing out day 33. Holy.moly. In awe.

And also in awe of everyone who made it through the day with noisy AVs.

Grateful...proud of you especially!!

Proud of you all. Big hugs. Sleep well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (77.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 09-20-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Way to go, Applekat! Big win for you. Wooooooohoooooo!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Sorry guys (and gals) I have been quiet for 2 days or so... but very sober! In fact my wife and I celebrated my 40th day today with a very special pasta dish I love to eat!

Wow, catching up slowly on the posts here... What an amazing support group we have here! I love how we are here 24/7 since we are all over the globe.

Love and sober power to you all !!
Congrats on 40 days, and how sweet to enjoy with your wife over your fav pasta.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Went out to dinner tonight. No wine for me but we did have some cheesecake and some awesome bbq!
I sure let myself go heavy on the birthday treats tonight since I was turning down wine. Three slices of pizza and a piece of cake and a Rice Krispie treat. Yummy!! Now I wish I had some cheesecake, too!

Well done skipping the wine at dinner!!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Penkins - Thank you. I did eat...that helped so much. I wasn't hungry when I posted but knew I had not eaten all day. I think I overdid the coffee while working. It suppresses my appetite but then my blood sugar gets too low. I did not nap but did get out for a nice walk. I am fortunate to live near a very pretty downtown area with lots of shops and flowers everywhere. Felt better walking and then felt much better after reading the posts here on SR. When I got home I blasted Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" (lol plz don't judge its just fun to dance to...my kids think i'm funny that I love her)and danced all over my apartment. Felt so great...so free and so powerful...proud to say I did not drink. I stayed sober through all the emotional garbage. Also turns out much of it was just my distorted perspective. Love ya too!
Way to A-Team it!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Sorry guys (and gals) I have been quiet for 2 days or so... but very sober! In fact my wife and I celebrated my 40th day today with a very special pasta dish I love to eat! Wow, catching up slowly on the posts here... What an amazing support group we have here! I love how we are here 24/7 since we are all over the globe. Love and sober power to you all !!
Congrats on 40. Super coool!!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

So very glad to hear from you DD!! Anything animal related is a great choice. Lol