# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of December 2013 - Part 5

Last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

D
Old 06-04-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I got a message that zeppodog replied to this thread, but I don't see that message here. Dee, did that get lost when you made new thread?
Old 06-04-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
waking down

TL, I'm listening to the youtube of Doc. I like that kind of straightforward rock. Reminds me of some of the greats like Lou Reed or Jim Carroll Band.

You said, "things were fresh, hopeful and exciting." On my better days I'm feeling that now. Clarity is my new high. Practicing mindfulness seems to be freshening things up, I'm hopeful about moving out of my current job situation, and I'm excited for positive change. I guess I'm kind of going through a mid-life crisis of sorts, but some youthful vigor is back.

That phrase hit me because I have basically been asking myself, What can I do to make things more fresh, hopeful and exciting? I'm working on it.

Yesterday, I went to a training for what I'm hoping will be my new job. It was technical computer stuff (I am no techy, but I understand the needs of those who use this particular program), and I must say I was kind of proud and encouraged that the facilitators were impressed with my probing questions. I think it was more about having had been a schlep that used the clunky program, and now that I could be the administrator of it, I have ideas to make it more user friendly, and they say they plan to add some features based on my feedback and questions. Good to know that some awareness and willingness to look foolish or push the boundaries by asking stupid/hard questions will lead to improvements in a system used all over the U.S.

That's a taste of fresh, hopeful and exciting.

Charge on, warriors!
Old 06-04-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope I didn't goof - Zeppodog's post looked like a 24 hour pledge so I moved it to the 24 hour thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4694003

D
Old 06-04-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yeah, seems like it.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well now... still having internet troubles. I slao discovered that I should probably get into some computer learning. I've been putting off getting into the 21st century long enough.
Seems like if you don't know computers and programs you are way behind the curve.

Still not getting a response from HR on benefits issues. The list is getting bigger.
Still not enough aggravation to make me want to drink.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
waking down

Aggravation or not... Well, you know...
Old 06-04-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, charge on, Zero! Good stuff.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
TL, I'm listening to the youtube of Doc. I like that kind of straightforward rock. Reminds me of some of the greats like Lou Reed or Jim Carroll Band.
:-) glad I could introduce him to you :-)

Practicing mindfulness seems to be freshening things up
That's what I'm working on, too. I frustrate myself all the time when I realise I've gone through the morning, afternoon or whole day on auto pilot, not really attending.

I'm hopeful about moving out of my current job situation, and I'm excited for positive change. I guess I'm kind of going through a mid-life crisis of sorts, but some youthful vigor is back.
Well that's good news :-) It's certainly nice when you feel energised to move forward instead of it feeling like a burden.

I have ideas to make it more user friendly, and they say they plan to add some features based on my feedback and questions. Good to know that some awareness and willingness to look foolish or push the boundaries by asking stupid/hard questions will lead to improvements in a system used all over the U.S.
That's super awesome! Go zero!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

LBrain - I have been reflecting recently that I need to increase my knowledge of and comfort level with technology. I'm a bit of a luddite.

Still not getting a response from HR on benefits issues. The list is getting bigger.
Still not enough aggravation to make me want to drink.
Stay the course Lbrain! Dark before the dawn, this too shall pass and all that.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hey everyone, good stuff.

hitting the sack early, getting up at 0430 to play 36 holes of golf somewhere out in middle pa with a group from work. No longer my work, but same group. Spend the entire day outside away from everything around here. I need the "day off".
Have a good Thursday.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How was golf?

THree day weekend for me!!! Yippee!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm on a ferry to Island (direct translation, the largest island in Estonia is called island-land) my mom-in-law is there and my kids have been there for a week already. I miss them so much! Off the ferry in a minute, then some 80km drive and voilaa! I have a week vacation I'll spend a few days combind our dog. He is very large, about 3 years old and I dont think anyone has used a brush on him before.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy your vacation Muhv

D
Old 06-06-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

well TL, golf was excellent! A long drive out in the rain. We (3 groups) teed of at 0740. Rain stopped and sun came out. Perfect day in the end. Had lunch then played the other course after lunch. All had dinner together after. Finally got home around 11 PM. Straight to bed - long day. My cart partner sipped a beer on the first round. But nobody was "drinking". In fact at dinner only a few the group had a beer. Root beer floats and fancy teas were the drink of choice for most of us. Now if I could go back in time and do that...

enjoy your 3day weekend TL.

Muhv, enjoy you vacation at the island.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I have a conference with HR in an hour.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes LBrain

D
Old 06-06-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You know LBrain, I have been on a golf track (don't know the correct term for it) once. I tried like an hour to hit that ball and I never did hit it! I do not know why or how it is possible, but neevert in my life I've managed to hit the ball, always missed.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You must practice at a driving range, Muhv. Bucket of balls, and a landscape into which you drive them. Even I can hit balls on a driving range; and the experience made me feel that someday, I just might try a golf course again. First time was disastrous (and humiliating).
Sounds like a great day, LBrain. A good night's sleep well-deserved.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That's exactly what I did Jack! A bucket full of balls and not one hit. I quess I tried so hard to be like Tiger Woods, but every hit wal like wooosshhh and I missed again. Golf is just not my thing
Old 06-07-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Your island sounds wonderful, Muhv.

I am so sick with a cold and sore throat looks like I'm spending my 3 day weekend on the sofa under a blanket watching tv.