Old 09-21-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Choobie View Post

1 month sober. Wooooooohoooooo!
Yippppeeeeee!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post

Congratulations KNB!!!! I'll leave the bananas to Grateful, but here's another happy dance group for you:
Love it!!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for:
The realization that I needed to quit drinking
The ability to finally do so
Netflix when I am tired
SR
That I accidentally went grocery shopping and planned this week's dinner without even trying
No snow yet
ebooks
Old 09-21-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Cute!!

Happy one month, Knb!!!

Whoo hoo ATeam!
Old 09-21-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Hey all. I had a great day today. AA meeting early on, then I took the train into Central London, a bright and sunny day. I am going to try and post a photo from the bridge over the river in a minute, as it continues my grateful theme. To have taken the train on a Sunday into town and actually WALKED around was previously unthinkable....

I met up with my partner and had a good conversation, no blaming each other, some laughs about when times were good. We are going to take a break for a few months whilst I concentrate on recovery.

Long story for a different time, but we will be in different countries as he is not from the UK. We'll be in touch and he will support me. Maybe there is some future hope, something to work towards in baby steps.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Darn, it came out side-ways - rotate your screens people! Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (40.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Penkins lovely work on two weeks, congratulations

Knb liking the new avatar and great stuff - a month! That's great. The first of many.

grateful so glad you posted through and took a deep breath and got through. That's top drawer my friend!

Leeloo after I crossed the bridge I saw a HUGE climate change march down the embankment. I thought of you. people clearly having fun but for something serious. Some amazing flags and slogans.

CutenGay Happy birthday to you!

And I loved the sober wake up stories - they were so good to read out and about today.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Well done Penkins on 2weeks!

And 1month Knb!- great going, congratulations!

Also happy birthday Cute hope you had/ are having a good day.

Glad things were civil with you and your partner london, things were similar with me and my ex yesterday when I dropped kids off, and although things between us are over as a couple, we still need to be amicable on some level for the sake of the girls. Time for me to move on emotionally.

Haven't posted much lately, not much to report, went to early morning AA meeting and a quiet booze free Sunday- still prefer the quiet to the hung over Sundays. Had positive chat with friend who's picked up recently, hoping they start day one tomorrow....

I'll be 5weeks sober at midnight tonight, the weeks seem to be flying by now!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Knb massive congrats on 30 days!!!!
Cute, happy birthday chicken!!!
Penkins, 3 weeks already, well done!!
Everything is good today, loving the grateful posts, it really kick started my day. I think each day brings us all a bit closer, I'm so grateful to have this team by my side :-) sweet dreams all, another sober slumber awaits :-) xxx
Old 09-21-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Woooooohooooo 1step 5 weeks.....amazing :-) xx
Old 09-21-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Happy birthday, Cute!!

Happy one month, Knb!!!

Whoo hoo ATeam!
Thank you Apple
Old 09-21-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Thank u all!!! Congrats on 30 Knb !! Penkins my team is the Vikings.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Thank uou sthlondon, 1st step and pink xx

Off to bed. I ate my celebratory meal tonight..chicken and chips with four slices of chocolate cake for dessert. lol.
Oink oink
Old 09-21-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post

I'll be 5weeks sober at midnight tonight, the weeks seem to be flying by now!
Quality! Well done mate. That's great stuff. This day at a time works hey?
Old 09-21-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Hi all!

I'm grateful that I woke up sober this morning because:
-I didn't wake up at 3am in a sweat with a massive hangover
-I didn't stumble my way to the cupboard to drink an alka-seltzer, chug a diet coke or some water.
- I didn't stumble back to bed and lie there for 3 hours waiting to fall back asleep again. - I didn't curse at my alarm going off at 7am because I had just missed out on 3 hours of sleep and I was hungover to boot!
- I didn't hate life because I had to work a 10 hour day on my feet with a hangover.
- I didn't come home and think about nothing but drinking more to take the pain away or lying on the couch for the rest of the evening....... (well I might still do that last part lol, but its cuz I want to not out of necessity)

Instead I was able to make some money, bring home dinner for the man I love, spend some quality time with him and finally pop on here and read all your lovely updates!

Penkins I struggle with remembering all posts too. I usually start typing and then scroll back up to see who wrote what, copy paste scroll back down, scroll back up... ect. I think the notepad thing is genius! Will have to start using it.

Cute Happy BDAY! KNB One month WOOT WOOT

Whoever said it --- I am also grateful there's no snow yet.

DD happy you are following your heart!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  

1step, Penkins and knb, rock on! Happy birthday cute, you don't look a day older my friend!

Wow team, another weekend full of success stories, some AV battles but we pulled each other through! I am feeling different, very optimistic and not envying people that are drinking around me for once. Keeping guard up but I can tell my view is changing.

Brach, thanks for the tips! You know what I stumbled upon, there are a few mooji CDs that have him speaking with reggae dub music underneath, have you heard these? Went running with it today using rhapsody and it was awesome! I will check out the others you recommended. I have recently read think on these things by krishnamurti. Also, siddhartha by Herman Hesse which was great. I will think of others and send them your way.

Happy sober Sunday and a shiny smiling no regret Monday!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 517 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday evening peeps!

Went on the hike this afternoon. 4.5 miles. Im hurting right now. Already aching. Cant wait to see how this feels in the morning. Met several nice people. Exchanged cell phone #s with a girl. We are planning to meet back at the park again for hiking, walking or biking.

Ok I used a spiral notebook. Lets see how I do.

KNB02 congrats on 32 days. That is awesome!!

CHOOBIE. Ebooks rock!

LONDON. Nice pic! Thnx on my 2 weeks. Keep going strong!

1STEP. Thnx on my 2 weeks! Congrats on your 5 weeks.

PINKLINZ. Thnx on my 2 weeks. Im looking forward to 3. . I hope you had a great nights sleep

CUTENGAY sorry bout your Vikings loss. Im a Cowboys fan. What looked like a loss for us ended up a win. We finally "woke" ip and played after halftime.

BLACKBIRD. Love your grateful list.

DETERMINED. Thnx on my 2 weeks.

DINGO. Missing you. Hope your doing well and staying strong.

If I missed anyone - I'm sorry! Not intentional. Its only 8:12 here, but I am worn flat out. Go goodnight friends!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 518 (permalink)  

1step - 5 weeks?? Holy moly AWESOME!
I think I'll hit that tomorrow night, 35 days right? That'll help me keep track if I could remember I'm one day behind you lol!!

Congrats!!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 519 (permalink)  

Hi All, here's another "physical" post!

Yesterday, Saturday, I rode 100 miles in an organized cycling event in Moab, Utah with my 28 year old son, and about 1,000 other cyclists. In cycling terms it's known as a "century" ride. For those not familiar with the area, it has dramatically beautiful canyon lands with soaring rock arches and sandstone towers. Really unique in the world.

Point is, it was hot (roughly 100 degrees) and windy. I have done these century rides before, and previously when I had been drinking, the dehydration from AL would have made this ride really tough, essentially painful. Well, yesterdays heat and winds made it a little hard but not really that bad. I remember reflecting during the ride (about 6 hours) how much I was enjoying the effort and being grateful for my sobriety...I hadn't done a ride this long since I quit. Just one more positive reason...
Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 520 (permalink)  

Just catching up on everything after a full day of yard work and family time. So thrilled to be sober this evening and not dreading waking up Monday morning.

Knb, great job on 30 days, and way to go 1step on 5 weeks.

Glad to see everyone who made it through the weekend!