View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Grateful11

Originally Posted by brach123 View Post
Hey grateful1, I'm sorry you are having a tough day also. I'm finding it wholly bizarre how up and down I've been feeling, but on the whole there is no doubt it's got more happy and content moments than when I was drinking. Thank God for that. Your family struggles sound tough, my father and one sister have both had times they have pulled away from me but I'm very fortunate they have given me another chance. I really can't bare to hurt them any more and I know the longer I'm sober the better our relationships will get. Hopefully time will help heal your relationships also.

I've just read you next message now and I'm really feeling for you. No matter how bad you are feeling right now though, you know that drinking would only intensify those negative feelings. Try turn your perspective around and focus on all the positive stuff going on in your life and the fact that you are sober and in with a chance of changing the tough stuff you are going through. I know this is easier said than done but I really hope you work through this, somebody told me today; FEAR face everything and recover - you can face this and work through it and you will be even stronger for it. I'm sending power your way my friend!
Brach - Thank you so much. Your comment about drinking only intensifying those negative feelings is so true. I know I would have been more upset and possibly would have sent angry texts which would make it worse. Thank you for helping me to see it differently.

I thought FEAR stood for "F" Everthing And Run. lol. You are right. It is still tough emotionally but I am sober and able to think clearly. I already feel stronger...must have received some of that power you sent over.

Hope your day got better.