View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Leeloo

Wow, you guys have been busy (4 pages busy) while I was out. Finally caught up on everything...

KNB - Blackberry. I’m from Europe but my partner is American so I have been working on my american style pies. The first one was already pretty good (he said), so trying to improve on that.

Penkins - glad you felt great waking up. I find that can sort out the entire day. Looking forward to the same tomorrow.

Choobie - Definitely was busy, and am quite tired now (2:30am). Definitely worth it though. Zoomba sounds great, I’ve been meaning to try that.

Brach - Big congrats on how you’ve handled the situation! Family arguments are always tough.

Blackbird - as the old saying goes.. micro-nuked-tea is better than no tea at all, haha.

Forabetterlife - I hear you. I’m also slowly starting to accept that I can’t be a ‘normal drinker’. Tonight someone said “I’m sure you can just have one” and without thinking I responded “No, I don’t want to”. Go brain!

Mvngon - I also worry quite a bit when I have to go to pubs or dinners for events. Have you chosen your non-alc drink for the night? Maybe you could drive? I did that tonight, which just puts me in an easier head-space from the start.

Ultra - well done on the training. I’m nowhere close to what you’re training for, but my arms are sore from a workout I did yesterday. Good feeling! And the one with the Bloody Mary in the kitchen used to be me.

Grateful - I should adopt top drawer! I use awesome way too much. Thank you for sharing your reading and good job on using the wisdom and shuffling it down AV’s throat. Nice work today!

1step - Great to hear you had a good time with your girls, and good job on recognising how the related emotions trigger you. That’s half the rent.

London - random blast from the past seems strange indeed. wonder if there’s another reason behind it. glad to hear you’re good anyway.

Myself.. I had a great day shopping with my man and a night out with friends. I ended up taking the car, mostly because it was more practical, but that also helped with the tiniest bits of temptation. Had a massive burger at the beginning of the eve and then orange juice with soda water, tea and non-alc cocktails (can recommend: lychee and grapefruit juice mixed with lemonade). yumm.

It's fascinating for me to watch other people drink. They drink so much slower than I used to, and are so much more at ease with extended periods of empty glasses on the table. Just confirms that I'm a different kind of drinker.

Not drinking gave me the chance to give our friends a ride home and now happily in bed, SR'ing and looking forward to a hangover free tomorrow.

Good night, team.