Notices

Class of March 2013 part 29

Old 06-11-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sass! I'm not eligible for the fancy lens, so I'll still need my glasses afterwards.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Gilmer, glad to see the brain fry is lifting, Good luck with the surgery.

1Day, that's what I thought haggis was, doesn't sound to tempting to me. (unless it comes in pot pie variations)

Babs, glad you came right back, keep on working on yourself, you can do it!

Never saw The Beatles live, my first concert was Kiss when I was about 14.

Sass, already started scouting locations for my retirement, even though it's at least 10 years away.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Thanks, Sass! I'm not eligible for the fancy lens, so I'll still need my glasses afterwards.
Gilmer, a close friend got the regular lenses and barely needs mild readers. There are no guarantees but there's always hope!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Babs

Have you thought about what else you need to do to make your sobriety permanent?

D
Old 06-11-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I think Marcher cat wants to say good morning too because he he grabbing my leg and yelling as only an Oriental cat can.

Babs I am glad you came straight here but, as Dee said, what do you need to do? Have you made the changes you need to or, failing that, do you know where the weak link in the chain is? Do you know what precedes the decision so you can change that. (I'm asking those questions as things to think about not demanding answers. )

I'm really glad to be back in a routine of normal days with Mr Marcher, he is still doing half days at the shop but he is doing well and seems to be getting a little better all the time. The main issue is tiredness as the day proceeds, he still has a few more appointments to go to so I hope this will get sorted.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi, Life! What's up?
Old 06-11-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Late for work (no surprise there). Day 1.....or rather evening of supervised Antabuse consumption at a pharmacy on tel to Dr at same time to guarantee. Propanolol this morning to help me stand in the shower and wash my hair without shaking......didn't want Valium as i've five interviews to do today.....yeah have an interview with me why dot you, i'll never remember a bloody word you said!!!

It may be considered a cheats way out, but for me, Naltrexone, Antabuse, regular checkins, supervision seems the only way.......must be the only child in me!!..Just about to go and interview someone and can feel the propanolol working..........time for a mars bar stat!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

You'll do great. Whatever works for you! There's no shame in chemical assistance from doctors!

Oh, and I'm a late life "miracle baby" only child, too.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a good day Life

D
Old 06-11-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good luck tomorrow Gilmer, is it in Philly?

Life whatever it takes love

Babs, ditto Dee and Marcher, even if you don't want to hear it yet.

1day, we had another round of haggis talk here a month or so back, I almost managed to convince a March 14er who visits with us occasionally, that it really is a Scottish animal!
Yes the book description sounds about right, scrummy eh??

Laters
Old 06-11-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

No, it's not in Philly. The old man couldn't handle me on another solo road trip!

It's local.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I had a very tough week or so. Talking about it wasn't going to help. I will say though that the level of depression I sunk into was really scary. As bad as years ago when I had major depression. Terrible thoughts. Total inability to get out of bed because I was afraid of everything. I know, not good. And before you ask, no, I am not on anti-d's, and don't want to be ever again. I have very bad reactions to all of them. Drugs just don't agree with me, who would have thunk?
I am improving. So hopefully that will continue.

Life sweety, we are so proud of you. And we are here for you girl...sending huge hugs.

And more for you Babs...new beginnings. Today can be the first day of the rest of your life....cliché, but true. (((hugs)))

Sorry you are not feeling well Sass.

Really glad Mr Marcher has settled in Marcher. Still so relieved he is alright.

Thinking of you Gilmer love, and wishing you well for the surgery. ♥

(((toots)))

Love to everyone else....

V xx
Old 06-12-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

V, sorry you've been feeling so lousy. I've had about 3 major depressive episodes in my life and never want to see another one! Anyone who hasn't been through them doesn't fully understand just how much of a nightmare that is. It's been about 20 years since my last and even though the memory has gotten fuzzy, I do remember how totally miserable it was.

Life, no shame in chemical help! It's the goal not the method that matters here. We want you to be healthy and happy!

Babs, keep on plugging along. Every day sober matters!

Gilmer, hope all goes well today. Hugs!

Toots, I, personally could go through the rest of my life quite happily without ever hearing the word 'haggis' again - whatever it may be.

Marcher, is Marcher cat of the variety that sounds like a baby crying when it meows?

Budd, there are so many options for retirement and so many decisions to make that it 's good you are starting to think about it, lol!

Shoes, how are you feeling?

Have a great day to all!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Marcher, is Marcher cat of the variety that sounds like a baby crying when it meows?
P1020259.jpg

He is indeed Sass.

V I am glad to see you, I've missed you and hope you feel much better soon.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Marcher cat and little V could do a maoooo opera.
The sounds are amazing...really....a whole range of conversation.
I keep trying to record her, and she stops as soon as I grab my phone.

(((Marcher)))

V xx
Old 06-12-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you felt or feel sad V. I've never had depression but I know what it feels like to fall in a funk. I had a couple of doctors put me on some stuff when I had anxiety and panic attacks and I would tell them I'm not depressed, I'm panicky! I didn't care for them either. And it wasn't the right medicine for me anyway. I'm glad when it helps someone but sometimes it seems like it takes a lot of trial and error to get it just right. I hope you find something that helps. Hug to V.

Ugh Sassy! I know how you feel. This thyroid baloney is baloney! I now take mine when I first wake up and then fall back asleep for at least an hour. The only time I could find when food wasn't in my system. That or 3am. And that ain't going to work. I wasn't absorbing all mine either. I'm now up to .125. We will see what my blood work says in a few weeks. I do feel better. It sucks! That fatigue is like nothing I've ever known. Did I mention it sucks? I hope they get you fixed up soon. It sucks.

Hi Babs! Glad you didn't go to far. Don't give up. Try something new.

Hi Life too. Hey, I would try everything too. What the heck. I put a lot of effort in to drinking so it makes sense I should put a lot in to not drinking. Drinking doesn't look like a lot of effort on the outside but it really is. All of the thoughts that go into how to do it, when to do it, how much to do, how to feel better after doing it, how to stop doing it. That's a lot of brain activity over something to shut the brain activity down. No wonder I was confused.

I've had a few triggers lately. From boredom. I'm feeling better so now I'm not so tired when I get home from work. But it feels like it's passing. Just another new. A lot of things are sure new sober. Who knew??

Oh well. It's all good even when it's tough.

Off to work! Everyone have a great day or night!

xoxo
Old 06-12-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Good morning... I am heading out to work in a few minutes.

Venuscat: Good to hear from you, although I am sorry to hear that you are suffering emotionally. Depression feels like such a deep pit and it sometimes takes a while to climb out. I am sending out positive thoughts your way that as you begin to recover you feel better each day. Hugs.

Later, Marchers.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Marcher, love the pic of Marcher cat and Marcher dog :-) thanks! I have 2 grandkitties of same general breed. They are so intelligent!

Shoes, sometimes I'll go 10 or more years with thyroid behaving itself. Then suddenly, pow! I am one of that minority that can't get stable on the synthetic stuff. I do find that it's easy to sort of forget the timing issues and that's when I get myself into real trouble. Inevitably it seems like I end up seeing an endocrinologist to get it resolved. I have so far not found a PCP that can actually manage it. They approach it as a simple formula ... high tsh means more meds, then wait 8 weeks to test again. That's not always the answer and the 8 weeks wait is not only unnecessary (until dosage is very close), but it also prolongs feeling crummy. Unfortunately, the endocrinologist I trust is not taking new patients and if I don't see her at least once a year, I'm considered a new patient :-( So I try the soft sell with my PCP, sigh.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good wishes, guys! The surgery went great. Furthermore, they discharged me with instructions not to do anything except lounge!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Thanks for the good wishes, guys! The surgery went great. Furthermore, they discharged me with instructions not to do anything except lounge!
Oh my, that sounds like such a hardship, Gilmer . Glad it went well!