http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-28-a-20.html

Bon Voyage Joy!

D
Old 06-06-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh well, getting to ride shotgun helped a little with my frustration at losing a rather long post!

I think I've found a very helpful new tool in my quest to avoid relapses. Will write that long description again sometime when I'm not starving for breakfast and when hungry kitty isn't giving me the evil eye about her food!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, Sass!

Joy, that's great about your new home in FL!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about that Sas - the only person I saw in the old thread was Marcher...must have taken longer than I thought.

bedtime for me

D
Old 06-06-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sleep well Dee

V xx
Old 06-06-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nobody's fault but my own, Dee. I know that can happen. I hadn't planned to get so lengthy and am using tablet. Haven't got the hang of cut and past yet.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Howdy Partners!

If I had an hour I would rant about my job but I don't. I have 5 minutes.

So I took my thryoid pill when I first woke up super early and then fell back asleep. Gives it plenty of time to absorb and then I don't have to wait for my coffee or tea. It's tricky finding a time where no food is in my system beings I graze all the time. We will see if that helps.

Yes, job is stressful but I've had worse. They probably all are. I'm not really complaining even if it sounds that way. I just get frustrated sometimes.

And that stupid hydro kind of triggered me a little. Glad those are all gone. I left work yesterday stressed and instead of thinking of happy hour I thought jeez, I wonder if I have a pain pill left? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! No! Anyway, I don't so I thought well see how long before this passes. About 10 minutes.

Learned my lesson. I lose anymore teeth it's Advil for me. I don't think it will rear its ugly head again but wow. Really? I didn't even use many of them. 2 tops. Then flushed the rest. My BFF had that problem with them so it wasn't so much that I was worried about me. I didn't want them around just in case she found them. We do run around each other's house like we live there so maybe she would if she needed floss or lipgloss or something.

Glad those are gone. Weird huh. I didn't even like them. I guess I did like the shut down though. Must of liked something though. Glad they don't sell those at the 7/11. I'm way too lazy to go to a doctor and ask for them or fake some pain to see if I can get them.

Good thing the rest of my teeth seem fine. Cross your fingers.

Anyhoo. Have a great day or night! Gotta head to the house of crazy now.

xoxo
Old 06-06-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you dumped them Shoes
Hope your energy levels lift a little - and that all the rest of your teeth behave

D
Old 06-06-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

And the onslaught of mini persons is over til next year.

Good call of flushing them Shoes.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ken, I worry that you'll be like the Chuck-E-Cheese worker who snapped one day and started throttling the little brats!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Ok so I feel I have to mention my own history, I had a gun license in the uk owned an old bolt action rifle. I did range shooting, and was something of a crack shot. I tried clay pigeon shooting with frustrating results until the guy realised I was shooting left handed with a right biased gun. He switched me and I couldn't miss those babies! May have to give it another go!

Joy safe travels love.

V good to see you here, hugs xx

Shoes, I remember early on when I quit drinking wondering where I could score some blow, then thinking er perhaps that isn't my best thought! I have strong painkillers that send me nicely squiffy, fortunately they also have some vicious side effects, so I have to be in genuine pain to take them, and ever then prefer not to if I can

Marcher, how dare Shoes steal your sign on! Cheeky whipper snapper! Hugs to Mr M

Congrats on Shotgun Sass,but again, you are giving me Ma Clampett visions!!!!! Lol x

I day, I had so many of those 'well, it's only 2 days, 2, weeks a month' moments. Which is why my sobriety becomes more precious to me each day. I dare not give up this priceless gem for any cheap imitation trinket that pours from a bottle

Wehave hope all is good with you

North, why the long face!!!!

Life hope things are heading in the right direction for you.

Mesoso, see you in a day or two!! ( figuratively not literally!)

Chuff I hope you come back soon mate.

If I forgot someone, my bad xx
Old 06-06-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
And the onslaught of mini persons is over til next year.
Speak for yourself, Ken!!

I had about 12 of them over yesterday for a kick off the summer pool party. Today, I'm recovering

I've talked to all of you about the moms groups and the amount of wine often consumed. Our "talks" are so darn helpful! Remember that it used to stress me out and I felt left out? But you all let me vent and had great advice so I went into yesterday not letting it bother me. Some of the moms offered to bring wine and I didn't say no -- so I knew there'd be drinking. I graciously provided the wine glasses and then sat back and enjoyed their company. No one was impaired to the point that they couldn't drive home which was really my main worry.

Shoes! I heard about that crazy weather on the news. Yikes ... glad you weren't attacked by that monster sized hail. Hope you're feeling better today and good job flushing the pills.

Joy, safe travels and good luck settling in.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm "borrowing" the oral surgeons wireless signal next door. Weazled out their password "wisdomteeth". Saw a teenager in the waiting room and motioned him out and asked him to help a sister out. Hahahahaha.

So now I can ipad at work when no one is looking. Heeeheheee.

Don't have anything exciting to say. Just needed a work break. TGIF! I'm out of here in 2 hours!!

I'm starving. Should have brought some snacks. Pot pie sounds good.

Later!
xoxo
Old 06-06-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Joy, be safe driving this weekend! I never hooked up my stove, there's no exhaust fan in my little old trailer, so the microwave must be used! Besides, 3 1/2 minutes vs 45 minutes late at night, the shorter time wins!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers The sun is back in Paradise so I'm less sorry for myself than I was yesterday. Good call Shoes! And Duff, proud of you sweets, I'd raise my chinnotto to you if I had one opened. Ken I'm glad the Child Invasion is over -- the end of the school year used to be such a drag with endless activities, the time would actually pass quicker if they kept working.

To think I could have rode shotgun last night! 29 threads and I've never rode shotgun -- right now I'm laying a plan to do so.

I'm looking forward to our early finish on Saturdays (3pm) and then a lazy weekend.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Marcher, Getting to call shotgun was one of my happiest moments last year, in the beginning days and weeks of joining the class of March 2013... I will tell you, it is a great goal for you to set... I wish you the best... IDK... maybe if you are really nice to Dee he can give you a head's up via private message on when to get ready to pounce?

Joy, You are moving back to Florida??? Wow... in the warmer part of the year, no less... I guess it is better to move when the children are not in school.

Maybe I will get a chance to see you in January... as I have set a goal to go to the Panama City area of Florida after hurricane season and after the holidays.

I am sad that my son no longer lives in FL... it was great having someone to stay with when he lived in Jacksonville and then Gainesville...but I do like to travel solo as I tend to be more outwardly focused and meet more people that way and try restaurants, activities when I am alone as I can do what I want on my own schedule. You must be beyond incredibly busy... take care of yourself and know I send hugs your way.

Ken... it sounds like you made it through Kiddie City time successfully - are you celebrating with an extra pot pie??
Old 06-06-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Shoes: Forgot to say: Good job on getting that password to use the Internet... and great job flushing those pills...they are sneaky and powerfully addictive.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

maybe if you are really nice to Dee he can give you a head's up via private message on when to get ready to pounce?
I'd be swamped if I did that...I'd have to make up a roster 1day

First come, first served
D
Old 06-06-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Toots, I think i may have to come to Beantown sooner than planned so you can see for yourself if I look like Ma Clampett! I'll be sure to bring my shotgun...