Notices

Class of March 2013 part 29

Old 06-26-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Glad you shared Babs. You too Trach...whenever you are up to it. Remember, you can share feelings and leave out the details. I get those are personal sometimes. But we all get the same feelings. That always helped me.

Tell your neighbors they need to get their internet bill paid 1day!

Hi North. Tell Snooki hi for me at Jersey Shore. Don't forget to GTL. Gym, tan, laundry.

Pretty boring around here. I'm starting to look like a vegetable I've been eating so many. I actually feel pretty good. My sweet tooth isn't so sweet anymore. Or actually it's sensitive to sweets. An apple taste like pie to me now.

This juicing thing is working pretty well for me. About as close to cooking as I care to get.

I misread your post Dee and thought it said you had to pack your bar. I thought, well that shouldn't take long since it's probably non existent. Mine consist of 6 wine glasses just in case I have company. And that is it. I got rid of everything else. I have no use for margarita glasses.

Oh I made a iced thai green jasmine tea with limes and mint. Just a little fruit nectar for hint of sweetness. It was fabulous. Really. It was sooooooo good.

Later...off to work!
xoxo
Old 06-26-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Shoes, yum!

Gilmer, wow -didn't realize you had the same procedure. I got a chuckle when I reread my post. I hate it when tablets decide I don't know how to spell and change words for me. It was pretty funny to see "bariatric" changed to "barbaric"! Though perhaps that is somewhat appropriate
Old 06-26-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hahaha Sass, I too wondered about the barbaric surgery!!

Trachy, once a Marcher always a Marcher my friend, we have all cried and cheered and ranted and giggled. We still don't allow the word 'Sorry' as there is nothing to apologise for and no one of us are in a position to judge another, considering what we have all been through and done. If sharing will help you move forward, then sweetie, you share. If you are not ready yet? Well that is cool too.

Shoes, you make me want to buy a juicer. Actually, you make me want my own cabana boy juicer at my beck and call!

1day, that is so inconsiderate of your neighbours to loose their internet signal, I only hope they don't go and accidently lock it or you will have to go round and get the password!

Will check in later guys xx
Old 06-26-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Helllloooooo Marchers !!!
Not much to say ---I've listened to what you guys gave me for advice and you know what? your right---I'm better than that. I"m going to be the big person and think of myself. I don't need to destroy myself or let my step daughter put me down and then let my mother in law smile cause she got the book and not myself. It's ok. I will be the adult. God, you guys really made me see the light. Thank you. It's such a small matter I know but, to me---the whole situation hurt. But, I will definitley move on.
Have a great day everyone. I'm going to.
Babs
Old 06-26-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Dee, I beg forgiveness , but this is a one off post that I will copy to all my threads just to say we have got a minimum of 3 months more here ( possibly 4) and somehow with some behind the scenes slight of had we get to stay in our own apartment so no need to move!! yay!! See, I would have been stressing all that time for nothing if I hadn't gone with the flow!! Thank you everyone for being so supportive, no more than I have come to expect from my amazing friends on SR! X
Old 06-26-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Good on you Babs! It is all to easy to fall into the habit of seeing ourselves through a others eyes- great if they love us and wish us all good things, not so great if the other person has issues and is pushing them onto us. Be proud of yourself Babs, write your post down somewhere and keep it close for next time you feel you are being 'made' to feel something you are not! Xx
Old 06-26-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

thank you toots.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

It's hard when we are in the midst of that kind of thing, Babs. I've been working on ways to reduce my exposure and also to bolster my self-esteem when it does happen. I think this is the type of situation we need to think through in advance and if something doesn't work, try something else. I doubt we can ever be fully insulated from hurtful things some people do and say. Sometimes these folks are downright nasty but other times they are people who are generally nice but clueless. And some of us are more sensitive to perceived slights than others (I know I am!). So it's a work in progress. I'm finding it easier to stay sober when I am able to shrug off that kind of stuff. Hang in there! (((Hugs)))
Old 06-26-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Oh I know who I'm dealing with and this part of the family is noted for causing problems so, why I didn't see that coming is beyond me. But, like I said. I will just be quiet and count my sober days instead. and you might be right Sass---they could be clueless (but, i doubt it) so, I will go with that.
Babs
Old 06-26-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Babs, I understand that they may not fall into the clueless category! I still find it hard ... my sister has had a nasty pattern ever since we were kids. By now I "should" know it but she still slides it in when I least suspect it and it's not easy. You've got a great attitude and I think you'll learn to handle it sober (((hugs)))
Old 06-26-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
It was pretty funny to see "bariatric" changed to "barbaric"! Though perhaps that is somewhat appropriate
I'll say! I've had a lot of different surgeries in my life, and that was the worst, bar none! I needed every one of the industrial-strength pain pills! They were the only thing that kept me sane during the day--but they gave me horribly unpleasant nightmares at night. I started drinking strong coffee round the clock so I wouldn't fall asleep!

It took two solid weeks for that to be gone, when my body started functioning again.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Toots, congratulations on putting forth your feminine wiles and managing to stay in the apartment!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
I misread your post Dee and thought it said you had to pack your bar. I thought, well that shouldn't take long since it's probably non existent.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers The horrible wind has stopped for a bit and the chemist gave me some magic pills so my headache is gone. I heard that the whole of the States stopped for a soccer game somewhere -- is that right?

Thanks for the explanations on the Jersey Shore, I guess we chalk it up to being 'one of those things'.

Good on you Babs I think you are doing so well!

Have a good Friturday peeps.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by 360shoes
I misread your post Dee and thought it said you had to pack your bar. I thought, well that shouldn't take long since it's probably non existent
It's still pretty hefty Shoes

D
Old 06-26-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

thank you Marcher--I do feel better and I'm thankful for all the support here. It really does make a person stronger. I just keep thinking of what everyone here has said.
Babs
Old 06-26-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's still pretty hefty Shoes

D
Dee, that's priceless :-)
Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I'll say! I've had a lot of different surgeries in my life, and that was the worst, bar none! I needed every one of the industrial-strength pain pills! They were the only thing that kept me sane during the day--but they gave me horribly unpleasant nightmares at night. I started drinking strong coffee round the clock so I wouldn't fall asleep!

It took two solid weeks for that to be gone, when my body started functioning again.
Gilmer, that's probably the difference between 2001 and 2009! Mine was laparoscopic and after first few hours after surgery, I didn't need any pain meds until once on 3rd or 4th day when irritation of shoulder nerves from the co2 became too painful. Finished surgery at 5:30 pm Tuesday and was home by noon on Wednesday. And diabetes was gone :-)
Old 06-26-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

So much for an apple tasting sweet. I want a snicker bar now. That will take 2 men and a truck to move that.

OMG I almost dislocated a leg bone! I crawled into bed and caught my ankle and I could feel something pop out of joint when I twisted! I must have adjusted the right way because it popped back. That felt weird!! No idea which leg bone. I've dislocated a knee cap so I know what that feels like. Not the same one.

Eeek Gilmer. The bariatric surgery sounds brutal!

Hi Babs! People do stupid stuff sometimes. Who knows what goes through someone's head when they do something that hurts someone. If anything at all...Sass is right. Sometimes clueless. I try to remember that when stuff like that happens it may have happened to me but it's not about me. You are a good person. You are just fine just they way you are. Don't let what someone else does change what you do. They can own that one. But it's okay to feel hurt. It's a feeling just like the rest of them. It will pass. However, I've had to be sensitive to whether what I'm feeling is disappointment or hurt. Those two can feel the same to me sometimes. Just me. I'm still trying to hone in on what I'm really feeling sometimes. I figure I better get comfortable with all of them because eventually I'm getting them all one way or another. Better I get at it the better chance I have not feeling the need to change them or shut them down....and we all know what can happen if I don't get a grip on that one. I don't want to go there. I'm better off just feeling it and letting it go. Anyway, I'm glad you feel better.

I have officially fell in love with soccer. Me. The no cook, high heel wearing, leg twisting, I don't get sports at all girl. I take it back. I just missed out on my sport. Yes, Marcher. I was one in the states who sneaked the game on my ipad at work. Why didn't you tell me soccer rocks! Where have I been??
Old 06-26-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take care of yourself Shoes

D