Notices

Class of March 2013 part 29

Old 06-09-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning, peeps! Yes, I'm borrowing from Marcher, lol!

Do I gather that it's time to congratulate Marcher and Ken?!

DD, I'm so happy you stopped in yesterday. I, too, was certain that you were still sober and are very busy living your gloriously sober life. Not all who drop out of sight have relapsed and that's a good thing to remember. We come here and stay according to our own needs.

Marcher, Queen's day sounds very confusing, indeed! And Dee, HRH, can be hilarious

Shoes, I waited a lot of years to get to retirement and then it took me 3 years to start enjoying it at long last. I'm still learning how to relax and do fun things after working 60-80 hours a week for too many years. I thought I knew what the challenges would be in retirement but was so very wrong. It has been challenging but I'm starting to relax more and now can't imagine working like I did before. Some people think I'm nuts to go to a retirement community at my age but I love the idea of the humdrum stuff being taken care of and having all kinds of things to do when I feel like it.

gotta run to take a shower before they cut off our water for repairs!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sorry to be just popping my head in - lots o projects. Just want you to feel the love!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi, I am so going to make this short as I am getting ready to begin another fun-filled, wonderful week of work... I hope you can just feel the sarcasm just dripping of the words "fun-filled and wonderful."

I had to go shopping yesterday for some clothing for my summer work wardrobe.
Not fun, since I gained weight over this past winter due to a combination of the drink, eating more indiscriminately, and being lazy.

At least I found a couple things that I like, and hope they make going to work a bit less dreadful.

Have a good day, all!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I can't stand to shop for clothes. My daughters take me out once every three years or so. Sometimes I order online--but then it doesn't fit, and I have to ship it back and try another size!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I can't stand to shop for clothes. My daughters take me out once every three years or so. Sometimes I order online--but then it doesn't fit, and I have to ship it back and try another size!
Same here, Gilmer! I usually just shop one particular store/catalog and usually know what fits :-)
Old 06-09-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers No sunny and blue today but plenty of grey and drippy stuff, I can't complain, we need it.

Gilmer and 1Day I do wish you hadn't started talking about weight today, my jeans have been feeling a bit -- firm -- of late so I got on the scales this morning. Too much chocolate ice-cream and too much laziness during the shorter days have done their worst, urggh. I do not do diets per se but I will have to cut back on the indulgences and get off my expanding behind.

North I hope you felt the love when you dropped by.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys congrats ken&Marcher our original sober twins

Ken that frog looks like he's smiling, he didn't just lick his own back did he?

As for the queens birthday, most of the UK don't even notice it, so I don't see why it should be forced on you poor hard done by Aussies!

Sass I think you have the right idea, getting someone else to do all the chores!

Spent the weekend in New York, today me up with an SR friend from another thread, second time for us, she is lovely. And it know she puts herself out to meet up so it's an even more special time for me.

Talking of special ones, Joy should be in Florida by now! Joy? Are you there yet??

Laters
Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Have great fun today, Toots!
Old 06-10-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Wow - quiet day and night here!

They postponed our water pipe excavation yesterday so now we'll have a small reminder today of what it's like to live without water. I may have to go with one of those activities I dislike - eg shopping :-(

Have a lovely day, peeps!
Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=

Life the best time to be here is when you aren't feeling strong, we aren't fairweather friends and supporters, we are here for when the going gets tough. Isolation does more for AV than anything else I find.

I'm looking forward to a lazy afternoon.

Have a good day peeps.[/QUOTE]

365 days and approx 14 hours ago I received a phone call. That call was to change my life forever. Less than six months later the wife of a man with a three year old child received a phone call - that call i'm sure will have changed their lives forever. Two families, one tragedy and more than two people lost...........three of us still have a pulse, we can breath, we can laugh, we can cry but, we're here, we can open our eyes and look up to the sky.

If only there was visiting time in heaven..........glad I don't need to stress about that, now that would be one serious knock back!!!!

I've not been around SR much these past few days, i've not been constrained and let that little AV sneak in. I needed to get over today, four more hours and it's done........five more hours and my bank balance is equally done!!

And so it begins, please don't roll your eyes, i'm hanging around cause I want this so much.

Sprry for yet again taking over another post........but i've no ideas of frogs, even if on toast!!

I'm sticking around as Marcher suggested. I'll pop my head in, promise, but the SOH may be a bit flat for a while. Day one tomorrow peeps, here we go.

Much love LP xx
Old 06-10-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm glad today will soon be over, Life.

Nobody's rolling their eyes at you.

We love you!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you'll be checking in Life. No rolled eyes or 'yeah rights' here either

D
Old 06-10-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Life, I think I'd be the last person you could think of who would roll their eyes. We know just how much of a struggle this is! We love you and are here for you!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

There was once a woman, whom a child she thought she couldn't have
Well, whatd'u'know here I popped in with all fingers and toes
It was a bit of a surprise to my incredibly sick Dad
He wanted to hug me but the drips made it hard

Tonight now they'll be laughing and wringing their hands
Being on the internet late with a salary earn before the has man lands
Tonight as I lay down my eyes to sleep
RIP Mum and now forever Dad you can keep

Ha ha Dad i'm not over yet
You didn't know me long enough, but my sense of humour needs to be met
You can keep her now, keep her happy with tea
Make her feel less guilty about not praying on bended knee

I love you both and as sad as I may be
To think of you now together , smiling right back at me.

Much much love,

Your daughter.

RIP VB 2040-2013
Old 06-10-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

1940!!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Life--here is a big hug for you.

Babs
Old 06-10-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

It is good to hear from you LifeT
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

(((((((life)))))))
Old 06-10-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Paradise is sunny and blue again and I kept off the scales so life is good. Life I'm sorry that you've been going through a rough time maybe now you can look forward. Come and talk to us, it's very hard to support you unless you let us. What's happening in your life?

Have a good day peeps, I'll just bet it's all summery where a lot of you are.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I was feeling scared and nervous, but I checked out my school's website to see if there was a new class I might be able to handle. I was pretty deflated after my utter stupefaction at the last class I took.

I have taken classes that haven't exactly been my cup of tea before and gritted through them; but I just didn't have anything in the tank for this last class. Not only did I dislike the material, but I just couldn't grit my teeth and absorb what I needed to absorb to get by.

I thought I might be totally at the end of the road in my studying "career!"

Budd assured me that it was just "brain fry." I wondered how long it would go on.

I've been having some twinges lately to feel the way I used to feel. So yesterday I went on the school website to snoop around.

I saw a class with the professor I liked, and its format was exactly like the format I succeeded at before. Slowly the sleeping giant started to wake up and get psyched!

So I ordered the textbooks (3 of which I already owned ), and I'll start as soon as they arrive. And the next class is already pre-paid because of the refund I got on the class I dropped!

It'll be nice to be back in my old routine. I'm really looking forward to it.