Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 10

Old 05-28-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Solitary, I think reaching out to people when you need to is a really positive thing, and it doesn't sound like your friends or sweetie mind at all. As for all of us on here, that's what this place is for. Reach out as much as you need to. I think it shows your determination to get all the way well.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Panacea. I'm glad you checked in, and good luck with your move.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Packing and moving always counts as a big workout Pan , ... what a huge job !!

Good work hitting the treadmill too !

Was out for 26 miles yesterday on the bike , ....rest day today , but hope to get out again tomorrow. It really relaxed me yesterday , for sure.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Solitary, I think reaching out to people when you need to is a really positive thing, and it doesn't sound like your friends or sweetie mind at all. As for all of us on here, that's what this place is for. Reach out as much as you need to. I think it shows your determination to get all the way well.
She is right ST
Old 05-28-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Yea I guess you guys are right you know? Like if they didn't wanna be around me they would say so, or even just say "I gotta go do blah blah blah" I wouldent even really take it personally if they did you know? It's not even like an ego driven self pride thing or anything like that, I just have that negative view of myself as being the "burden" which isn't the truth. If I was laying around and being super lazy and really doing nothing about it then I should really feel guilty about texting all day, but I'm still maintaining and doing what I have to do, it may make others uneasy being around such an emotional person, but I'm not as big of a burden as I make myself out to be in my head. What I read last night in the codependent book is showing me that partially
Old 05-28-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I'm saying this all now AFTER the fact tho, I need to remind myself BEFORE lol
Old 05-28-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Pan- good luck with your move! I was wondering how you were... Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, I can't say much for the fitness part. But it sounds like you are doing great with that!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm going to try and get some sleep.

Night Fools, don't do anything I wouldn't do.

P.S. I heard that Dee has all the bail money.

I know I haven't posted much today but I have been looking and thinking of all of you.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
Yea I guess you guys are right you know? Like if they didn't wanna be around me they would say so, or even just say "I gotta go do blah blah blah" I wouldent even really take it personally if they did you know? It's not even like an ego driven self pride thing or anything like that, I just have that negative view of myself as being the "burden" which isn't the truth. If I was laying around and being super lazy and really doing nothing about it then I should really feel guilty about texting all day, but I'm still maintaining and doing what I have to do, it may make others uneasy being around such an emotional person, but I'm not as big of a burden as I make myself out to be in my head. What I read last night in the codependent book is showing me that partially
ST- I don't experience you as a burden at all. To me (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one )- your honesty and the way you speak openly is refreshing to be around. Lots more healthy than holding it all in. And since you're such a caring person- I'm glad you let other people care about you too.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven't run off with the bail money, just lots of real life chores this week

D
Old 05-28-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post
ST- I don't experience you as a burden at all. To me (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one )- your honesty and the way you speak openly is refreshing to be around. Lots more healthy than holding it all in. And since you're such a caring person- I'm glad you let other people care about you too.
awe thanks so so much you made me smile a bit I'm not gonna lie, I know it's not true but still feels that way, but I'm learning, slowly but surlely i suppose right?! I can't hold it in anymore honestly, your so right on that. You know what too, at least with friends...you can't be fake about your friendship with them first...and it's also a bit of an art when it comes to allowing just a friend to be there for you in that way. Not in a false sense, but more about how you come about it, like other people can easily grow flat or bored of someone who every time they chat it's about how bad their life sucks, so it's not that I'm being dishonest, but like "holding back" just a bit, soley in fear of scaring people away and nothing else. That's not one of my many irrational fears either that's real as heck lol, it happens, but today I just got fed up of getting overwhelmed again by those down feelings and thoughts. And it was like I had a tiny taste of just feeling KINDA normal this morning, I was like na this isn't gonna happen today, literally in my head was like na F this I'm not feeling like this again all night, even if I do again tomorrow, I said no way to it tonight. I couldent come home from work almost in tears again and just frustrated...hopefully in the future it won't have to be so drastically long of a text and maybe just one paragraph of what's bothering me instead of 27 haha, thank you tho, i NEED to hear I'm not a burden and tell myself that constantly
Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
But it does in mine ST. I am giving all I can spare and sending it your way.
thank you, I need it seriously, I'm trying to not be a negative (insert favorite curse here)
Old 05-28-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I know road rage is not healthy and really not a good thing, it has lead to altercations that ended up in catastrophes and were unnecessary, but in NY at least as close to the city as I am, it's absolutely unavoidable, and lemme tell ya, it SURE does get some of that aggression out, it's hard to resist the urge and most of the time I ignore the loons, but man it helped today. I'm a pretty cautious driver now that I have my license in order and ticket free, these people are out of their minds! And not even like tough guys in leather jackets or anything, I have tiny little soccer moms in military tank sized SUV trucks telling F YOU! And flipping me the bird with the kids in the back seat, classy eh? I <3 NY hahaha
Old 05-28-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

All my ranting and raving has left me spent, goodnight everyone, <3 be bak on in the morning
Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hey peeps, sorry for not being a friendly fool. I do read everyone's post. Maybe on the weekend I can go back (like two weeks) and catch up on everyone's posts.
It has been busy long days. The sun comes up at 4:30 and doesn't set until 10:30. We are still a month a w at from the longest day. I work as long as the sun is up.
I think of you always and pray you are all feeling strong.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Stormi, thanks for checking in, those are long work days! It looks like you've inspired us all to get out in the garden more. Hope you can rest soon.

Pan, great to hear you. Good luck with all the packing. Make sure you pack the teapot last so you'll be able to unpack it first.

Izzy, I am enjoying my bible class, we have a lot of debate over stuff, I was a little shy at first as I didn't want to offend anyone, but now it's basically every man and woman for themselves. It's what I call wholesome fun.

MrsB good luck with the job, that's great that you're keeping the momentum going rather than just waiting for a response from the other crowd. You're being really proactive, and will inevitably find what you're looking for. Fingers crossed for this one.

Mariah, thank you for the beautiful photos, what a wonderful day out. I must make more effort to get out in nature, it replenishes the soul.

ST, it's great that you're trying so many different things. I still think it might be helpful to find a professional counsellor, so that you feel totally free to express everything which is in your head space. It could be a liberating (and scary of course) experience. I firmly believe that you , and the rest of us, deserve happiness. It's your decision in the end though.

Obosob, thank you again for the latest instalment of our fools trip out, I'll go to work giggling, looking even more like a fool! Can't stand the suspense though. Poor Dee has a lot of responsibility.

Have a great day everyone, finish the month strong.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Mornin' fools!

Pan - So glad to hear from you!! Good luck with moving (ugh!). And it sounds like you're keeping up with fitness, you go girl! My foot has been angry at me with running my measly 3.1 miles (compared to you!) so I just switched my 21 day fix workout DVDs. Today should be day 3. Yeah I can't move too well, lol. It sure works muscles I didn't know I had. I'm happy you're checking in, though.

ST - never lose that honesty and don't hold back. So many of us have trouble with keeping things in and imploding so I personally feel you have a much healthier approach. Reach out to us, and it sure sounds to me like your friends don't mind a bit. You're a shiny penny on this board, keeping it alive and bringing your youth. Don't ever, EVER leave.

Happy clean and sober Thursday, peeps. I have an even longer day with the kiddos today while hubby runs that Corporate Challenge this evening. Suddenly I see 14 looming hours of rugrats. The "old" me would have used this longer evening as an excuse, an entitlement, for a bottle of wine. Probably secret wine. Pretend to not really be buzzed when hubby got home. The new me will do my workout at some point today (ouch!) and head out with the kids somewhere, and later have a calm and sobering bedtime routine with them instead of reading Dr. Suess with wine breath blasting.

Day 12.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Topspin - 26 miles! Whew! How long does that take you? Are you on pavement? Nice job, friend.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I won't forget how this group makes me feel!
Make today a great day, friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (71.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-29-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning, how is everyone this fine Thursday?

The world is an incredible place when you look past the concrete and the buildings, life is an incredible experience when you look past the evil which it brings with it.
People often comment on how someone or something has ruined their life, what they have done is to look past all the good in their life and focus on only the bad. No one and nothing can ruin our lives faster and better than we can, we hold the power to change our lives or ruin them. We hold the power to turn the negatives in life into positives, or not.
The events of our lives shape us, some events are like a fine paint brush while others are like a hammer and a chisel. We hold the power to choose the tools which we will use to shape ourselves for the world which we will go forward in.
You hold the power to change your life, you hold the power to succeed or fail, and you hold the power to recover from anything which life has thrown at you. You hold the power for your life, the key to your happiness and heart. You have the tools to succeed and become the person you choose.
Use your tools, never let life events or a person convince you that the tools you hold are useless. Everything you have in life is for a reason!

Hope you all have a great day.