http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D
Old 05-28-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

First
Old 05-28-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Second. Eating icecream at 1:30 am. guilty pleasure. I've gained a few pounds since quitting. I suspect emotional eating.. I am trying to wake my inner athlete. I did a few push ups and modified pull-ups yesterday (15 minutes). Going hiking to my happy place with a good friend and my dog in the morning. 7 mile loop today. This group is truly special. We are growinf and learning together. Ok back to bed. This is the first time in several nights I've woken up like this. It used to be every night. Life is good!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,
I lost my post this morning, by the time I'd composed it, the thread had been closed so my thoughts are somewhere in the ether.

Having said that, I'm not sure it would have added anything to the already amazing vibe we have around here!

Hope you all have a great day or night.

Will be visiting family today, so I'll see you later with plenty of mixed berry juice,with water!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

4th
Old 05-28-2014, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ah, do I get bronze?
That's a cool way to start the day.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fools, part 10! Cool!
Yesterday in NYS my kids were swimming in the kiddie pool. Today I think I need to dress them in pants/long-sleeves to go outside.

Lots of good thoughts floating around the board. I can't contribute to the weed discussions. I've never been high on that before. But I still imagine it's a good idea to try being substance-free for a couple weeks to see if the anxiety/mood etc. even out. Alcohol was my one and only substance, and 98% of the time that was wine. Beer made me feel gross, and liquor just scared me for some reason unless it was dressed in diet coke or girlie juice. I'm kind of a 'wimpy' addict. But an addict none-the-less. I've always been very conscious of cross-addictions or replacing one for another. That's how much I really knew I had a problem, deep down. So if I stuck to just one drug-of-choice that was 'better' in my mind.

Anyway, it's Wednesday already! Happy sober humpy day!

DD and Mariah - I hope you are enjoying your next go. This board has been so good about reminding me that while I had a one night slip, it doesn't mean the previous 24 sober days didn't count for anything. I've only drank one night in the past 35/36 days. And that is something. And I will admit I'm so much stronger this time around. But as Tops said, I'm definitely not encouraging anyone to go relapse in order to gain strength. I lucked out and I'm not sure why. And I prefer, for now, to just keep counting consecutive days because I fear otherwise I will continue to have one-night slips as an option in the way back dusty corner of my mind. So I am on day 11.

3777 - I was sure I'd drop pounds after quitting drinking gallons of wine. But I too have replaced it with other things. I am giving myself a little break, because I am working out, and darnit why can't I have a cup of ice cream a few nights a week. And chocolate. And cookies. And...sigh. I think I will have to eventually check in for sugar addiction. I know some people who remove sugar from their diet but I don't get it! How!?

UP - How are you feeling today?

ST - I'm excited for you, sounds like you have some new things to try. Challenge: put in a phone call to the doc and just set up an appointment for a physical/full blood work. If you do that, I'll make a dentist appointment (shudder). I've convinced myself my wine guzzling has given me mouth and throat cancer so I avoid it. Classic.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools, how is everyone on this beautiful Wednesday?

The world is as open as your mind, your possibilities can go as far as your imagination can carry them.
Just because they seem far off and impossible doesn't mean that you can not strive for them.
Never let previous failures or other people restrict you from setting your goals higher and going after them.
The people in life who constantly belittle you and your achievements are merely attempting to lift themselves by sinking those around them.
Know yourself, believe in yourself, encourage yourself, and bestow confidence in yourself.........
Old 05-28-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I am doing great kat. I couldn't be better. .......Not true, but close. Was able to get things taken care of. I didn't get much sleep last night but I am happy.

Enjoy your hiking 3777. Sounds like fun especially to the place in that picture.

I *don't like* when that happens free. Hope that is the worst that happens to you today. Bad UP(slaps hand) used the H word.

Originally Posted by obosob View Post
4th
Who started this Fool-ishness again.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by Upward2Enlightenment; 05-28-2014 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Had to remove the H word
Old 05-28-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh this thread is out of control! Lmao so I have it open on my phone and typing on my iPad as I go through it. And I'm drinking coffee so this might be a long one!

Did not know that Shakespeare left his family. Did y'all know that Bob Marley was a habitual cheater? Yeah so... "Little darling don't shed no tear, no woman no cry"... How bout you should've kept your trousers on Bob!

UP maybe you don't have a drinking problem but now is not a good time to drink. My husband goes by the HALT rule which makes sense. HALT= hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. He was taught that it's a bad idea to drink if you have any of those feelings.

OVEr congrats on your milestone and your husbands new fantastic job! Kudos to him for sticking it to the man!

APPLEKAT I use Sally Hansen's hard as nails when I don't do polish. It's inexpensive and really works. It dries fast and adds a nice shine while protecting. I use my hands a lot to do things like cleaning and I always forget to wear gloves. My nails are still long. I also wish to lose weight. managed to gain nearly 10 in one week when I was away. Luckily I've lost half of that but
I am trying to lose about 15 more as well. Like you, I feel my weight is in all the wrong places. I'm determined!

Rocks just want to let you know I can identify with those feelings.

MG you're not alone. A few of us here have had some slip ups, including myself.

MRSBEE I'm like you when it comes to music. "Where Eagles Dare" actually helped get me through a rough time in my life when I lost someone I loved. I know it sounds silly, but you probably understand how empowering it can be to sing those lyrics loudly. NOFX is one of my favorite bands. I wanted to dress up like the nurse on the cover of Pump Up the Valuum for Halloween but I couldn't find a sufficient wig. Also love Bouncing Souls. I am eclectic as well and love a wide range of music, but I'm really particular about what I don't like. My husband calls me a "music nazi". You probably already know who Lindsey Stirling is, but if not you should check her out. Her Crystalize video is awesome. Congrats on the job!

Some of my favorites: Me first and the gimme gimmes, rancid, Gogol bordello, flogging Molly, dropkick Murphy's, bright eyes, ratatat,Tiger Army, Johnny Cash, David Bowie, AFI, Hank Williams sr, five finger death punch, violent femmes, the cure, Metallica, Swinging Utters, pantera, jack Johnson, sublime, beastie boys, megadeath, the killers, Authority Zero, Anti Flag, ASG, Jethro Tull, Pixies, Britney Spears, Black Eyed Peas, Zeppelin, Gorillaz, Miike Snow, Dev, Iron Horse, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, the Doors (was obsessed in my teens), Dick Dale, the Vandals, Rise Against, Shakira, the Beach Boys, the Ventures, the Aqua Bats, Offspring, Tenacious D, Muse, ****** Glow Skulls, Elvis, Run DMC, Judas Priest, Billy Idol, Dio, Lady Gaga, Bad Religion, Cake, Balzac, Blondie, the Clash, Sex Pistols, CKY, Dire Straights, the Boss, Fugazi, Gnarkill, Katy Perry, maroon 5, radio head, ramones, van Halen... Ok it's hard to stop. Oh one more ,can't forget HIM! Met my husband at a HIM concert. How perfect, right? Love metal. We thought it would be funny to get matching heartagram tattoos on our butts on our first Valentines hahaha even though we knew each other less than 3 months. Got there right before the place closed. Ok enough about that.

SOLiTARy I also have been having trouble concentrating and feel like I am in a depressed angry cycle. I find it hard to stick to tasks and I'm losing my temper easily.

Thanks all for the compliments on my intbearacial relationsnack!

Well I don't have time to read any further/post more right now so I'll be back later hopefully. My husband is in the military and he's gone 2-3 days at a time, then he's home 2-3 days at a time. That's why sometimes I post a lot for a few days and then not so much for a few days. He's on his way home and I hope that'll help me get out of this funk.

Have a good day everyone
Old 05-28-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Soliloquy, about Bob Marley, I know a lawyer in the firm that represents his estate. As of a few years ago, the last time we discussed it, they still had not been able to close it because there were still new and verifiable heirs coming out of the woodwork. He definitely slung it far and wide...
Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning beautiful Fools,
I stayed up late and woke up early, and don't have much to say yet, but wanted to wish you all a good day.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mornin' all- hope it's a good one .

Our week is super busy so may not be checking in as much but hope everyone is feeling happy and strong.

😎
Old 05-28-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Goodmorning everyone, def feeling more positive today, I'm going to not smoke anything and see how that helps, and I will make an appointment for a physical and such. Slept in too I don't feel drained getting out of bed (but did set an alarm for work by accident -_- I went right back. I also read a nice amount of "codependent no more" last night and focused on the "having a love affair with yourself" chapter. It really makes sense and it def is what NEEDS to be done in order for me to start really feeling a bit more comfortable. I really hope I stay driven and not just end up back on the couch.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's really twisted lol after reading last night, I dislike myself for disliking myself, and dislike myself for being considered "codependent" BUT it actually opened my eyes as to partially why I feel the way I do...I need to break the chain of thoughts I have created towards myself
Old 05-28-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wow...tearing up the threads here. Just a quick check in for me....had an 8:00 dentist appt this am & just came into work from there. Getting ready to get to work. Feeling more on the human side today. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just realized yesterday was 30 days for me, not 29. I can't believe I missed it! So today is 31 and feeling good!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Love your music list Soliloquy, we have lots in common when it comes to that for sure!!! Also I love that you met your husband at a HIM concert! Funny, sort of related story, I met my husband because I saw his profile pic on MYSPACE years ago (his BFF was dating a classmate of mine at the time)....he had an Alkaline Trio tattoo and was adorable so I basically internet-stalked him about music stuff until he talked to me haha. I was/am a huge Alk3 fan and since they're Chicago natives, I was able to see them live over ten times before they got real popular...well hubs did the same and although we met years later, we realized that there were a handful of shows that we both attended and never knew it haha. And that's just with one band...we always joke how we could have been at SO MANY local punk shows together in high school and just didn't know it!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congrats greenturtle
Old 05-28-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Soli I love all of these artists! Our tastes are identical