Class of April 2014 Part 10

Old 05-29-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good day

D
Old 05-29-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

AppleKat and Up, I love your morning inspirations, thank you.
I'm up way too early, but plan to make the best of it.
I hope everyone has a great day, or night, stays strong, and I hope we all give ourselves some love today. We really do deserve it.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I typically post in the morning while the kids eat some oatmeal. It's virtually my only time at an actual computer, the rest is from my phone!

Lower Fix workout, done! I DO NOT MISS feeling like I'm going to hurl while working out, or skipping workouts all together. How plain dumb was that, to workout while hungover or almost worse, workout while buzzed. Talk about counterproductive and kinda dangerous. My poor body....it must have been so confused. On that note I am thinking about starting to take a multi-vitamin, or some vitamin B supplements. Anyone do that currently?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I do, AppleKat. I especially like Emergen-C powder because it has a big dose of c and b vitamins as well as electrolytes, and because you mix it with water, you also get some hydration with it. It also absorbs faster, and I think better, than vitamins in pill form.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
I hve been chugging redbull at work too, the new blueberry one, intensely sweet and rewarding
I know this will sound weird but I've been drinking diet coke with Redbull for weeks. It's my new drink of choice lol
Old 05-29-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Don't have time to read everything right now but Yay punk o Rama! Also I like alkaline trio and TSoL! Hey Mrs. bee you love in Chicago, does that mean you're going to riot fest in sept?? The line up is pretty sick! Tickets are pretty expensive but when you think about how much it would be to see those bands separately it's a steal deal. Plus there are a lot of contests going on throughout the web to win tix. I'm definitely going to try to go.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

GT - don't give me any ideas!! (Groan....but secretly planning grocery trip...)
Old 05-29-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Soli, we say EVERY YEAR that we will hit riot fest and never do but then again we were always drunk before! I'm seriously considering it bc like u said that line up is AMAZING! My brother is actually a stand up comic in Chicago and has a photographer friend who gets hooked up with tickets to a bunch of the RF shows every year so I might have him see what she can do...she recently got him and some friends tickets to see Neko Case when she played the Chicago Theater a few weeks back!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
instead of reading Dr. Suess with wine breath blasting.

Day 12.
Omg , ...that phrasing has me laughing away Applekat , ...just the imagery
............with Dr Suess and all . LOL !!

Congrats on your day 12 !

I'm terrible about timing myself on rides recently, just getting started back
thankfully the battery is dead on the odometer/ speedometer that tells me average trip speed, current speed, current trip distance , .etc , etc.
Kind of like not knowing for now actually, ...because on that 26 mile ride I took about a 5 minute break on top of the toll bridge , which has a wonderful view. Was pretty gassed, also. When I get focused on beating times and average speeds , I won't take breaks on a ride. ..... I guess it's like some folks reasoning behind not keeping a scale in the house, to weigh, or not to weigh, ...that's the question ? ....daily , weekly , monthly , or my favorite,....seasonally.
..... reasoning , of course , ....... age !?! LOL

My nerves just can't take those kinds of disappointments weekly, !?!!

I probably only go an average of 14 mph average on the hybrid though, higher speeds only 22 mph ... so that ride took somewhere under two hours, . Only on the road about half the time , ...we have around 75 miles (or more, actually) of asphalt bike trails here. They can sometimes be dangerous on a road bike, because of the occasional hoard of tourists doing the * first time on a bike in 22 year slow motion wobble*......

And some folks don't quite get the part of staying on the right hand side of a bike trail , ...and who can blame them ? It's all a learning curve out there, I think.

I usually just take the safer route and pass them off-trail , ,,,.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say, when we went grocery shopping yesterday I was thinking about getting one of those tiny single serve wine bottles. They are on sale for $1 each which is cheap. I was only going to get one. But I didn't. Still, maybe I'm wrong, but if someone would've offered me a drink of any sort (except maybe mint schnapps or Zinfandel lol) I probably would've drank it. Unfortunately, that would never happen because I have literally made ZERO friends since we moved here almost one year ago. So that sucks.
Well I'm going to be doing yard work today. You know what goes great with yard work? Some tunes and a nice cold beer. Yard work is so much fun with a little beer buzz. I thought maybe it would be a good idea to come on here and talk that out before I start my day. Knowledge is power, so I'm going to acknowledge that little devil on my shoulder and put it out there. Still got my tunes.
Sound system gonna bring me back up, yeah, one thing that I can depend on!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Mrs Bee just think about how close you are. You should try to make it. There are people, like myself, who have to drive many hours to get there. It'll be a riot lol
Old 05-29-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Well I'm going to be doing yard work today. You know what goes great with yard work? Some tunes and a nice cold beer. Yard work is so much fun with a little beer buzz. I thought maybe it would be a good idea to come on here and talk that out before I start my day. Knowledge is power, so I'm going to acknowledge that little devil on my shoulder and put it out there. Still got my tunes.
Sound system gonna bring me back up, yeah, one thing that I can depend on!
Yea , I remember always sizing up a job in terms of beers numbers. "oh this is a 5 beer job , obviously, right !? "

Many times it seemed to cut my jobs short , or make them last wa...aaaay too long with that method. But I never veered away .

I'm glad you have your tunes Soli, ...Love them working out , or working on certain things for sure !!
Dependable indeed .
Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
instead of reading Dr. Suess with wine breath blasting.

Day 12.
Originally Posted by topspin View Post
Omg , ...that phrasing has me laughing away Applekat , ...just the imagery
............with Dr Suess and all . LOL .
Great now I will never get the image of the "kat" in the hat out of my head.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Wow, your earlier post was inspirational, thanks UP!
I'll mull it over while I'm doing my yoga class.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Freein- I absolutely will I'm not shutting down the idea I have been to therapy in the past as well, I just keep procrastinating. It's not that I'm afraid, it's more like I don't feel like dealing with the people on the phone and at the office I guess, childish I know...thanks tho

Apple- thank you so much! Firstly I'm not going anywhere! Like many here I make everything worse in my head then it probably is and has to be. I'm too hard on myself and it's pointless. I tell myself "everyone hates me, nobody needs to deal with this" when I'm down like that, and absolutely believe it, I convince myself. I love the photo you posted too, I needed to read that and embrace her words.

Up- that was an amazing thing to wake up to! I really needed that actually, thank you. You have a great day as well and stay strong.

Turtle- haha not weird one bit! Whatever works as long as there is no booze in it def try not to over do it either tho!!! The new blueberry red bull is so so good, def try it! It's only in the tiny can right now the 8.4 oz can.

Soli- awesome! I'm glad I came across some people with my taste in music! All my friends are DJs and party people and listen to the new EDM movement. I like those events, but I can't sit at home and rock out/vibe out to heavy bass music like that lol, I need guitars and drums in my life

Mrs B- awesome as well!!! Hope your day is going well 8)

TS- know drinking on the job all too well! I used to do water sealing jobs on foundations in the hot sun, it wouldn't be a day at work if we didn't drink lol. We would smoke a joint on break before lunch too which made no sense because we would come back all lazy full and tired. I def don't miss that, the digging or the beer/weed while trying to work and get paid lol.

As for me, I just woke up! Slept till noon again but don't mind one bit, I actually feel really well rested today, just getting out of bed now, thanks for everything yesterday everyone, and I'm gonna go out of my way to make sure today is a better one. I feel like the conversations I had yesterday here as well as with my fiancé and friends, I'm def less heavy feeling, not as sad either, the sun is out in full force today too which helps, it was cold and gray here yesterday....I'm gonna make eggs and get dressed, have a great day and I'll check in in like 15 mins haha....
Old 05-29-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

AppleKat, yes, I would read to my kiddos every night and wondered about them growing up remembering mommies wine breath. Argh. What a crazy addiction. I'm on day 7 of a P90x workout plan. Keep posting your workouts cuz it helps me motivate to do mine.

ST- keep those thoughts coming name the problem and it loses some of it's power. We are all ears here. Lots of people rooting for each other! I would take notes and respond to everyone, but I'm usually waiting for carpool pickup or on lunch break or something when I'm posting. You guys are all great!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, Apple, about vitamins, I take a vitamin B (stress tab) because alcohol strips away thiamine and other b vitamins. Low thiamin can be a huge problem (as in neurologically) in people that drink to much.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

3777 - I am so happy my kids instead see and know "Mommy's tea" now. They even know where to put the tea boxes when we unload groceries. Thankfully they're so young...they mimic with tea parties, and they sometimes stretch and do the workout moves alongside of me. Much better habits to imitate. Phew. Thanks for the vitamin feedback. There seems to be a lot of Vitamin B's. 6, 12, complex....

Tops - I totally understand the biking/distance/time blindfold if you will. I needed to put my scale away, yes. I was just generally curious on how long that takes because I can't really fathom working out more than 30 minutes, hahahaha. And can I just say, while I love me some Dr. Suess, some of his books are just plain crazy. We read a LOT of them during that Dr. Suess month this winter and my kids just look at me and are thinking, WHAT is that anyway Mom! LOL.

Sol - Keep enjoying those tunes, and way to go logging in here. Talk it out, then dance it out.

UP - Now that would have been a great screen name, eh!

This is Kat (in the Hat) signing off for now. Heading up to attempt a nap time. Guess which of the three of us in this house is most likely to actually NAP? The 2 year old, 4 year old, or 32 year old....
Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Here's why greenturtle wasn't on much last weekend.

Without the drunk part of course
Old 05-29-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3777 View Post
AppleKat, yes, I would read to my kiddos every night and wondered about them growing up remembering mommies wine breath. Argh. What a crazy addiction. I'm on day 7 of a P90x workout plan. Keep posting your workouts cuz it helps me motivate to do mine. ST- keep those thoughts coming name the problem and it loses some of it's power. We are all ears here. Lots of people rooting for each other! I would take notes and respond to everyone, but I'm usually waiting for carpool pickup or on lunch break or something when I'm posting. You guys are all great!
thanks 3777, I so so am! I'm not doing this to myself anymore, I just can't! Haha yea that's funny I was taking notes I literally had a pad and pen and was writing answers to everyone! I have the morning off today don't work till night so thankfully I have the time today it's lovely actually