View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Applekat

Izzy/3777 - I love Yoda speak!

UP - you KNOW everything we're tellin ya. Keep your head on straight and your chin up. You are doing awesome, and we are so thankful you are here with us.

Here's a little game for anyone interested - something I do sometimes to keep my mood lifted. Or lightened at least. I'm too busy and life moves too fast to be fixated on 'hating' things, so this is what I do - I spin the negative and make a goal.

Start small or superficial -

I strongly dislike the shape of my body right now, carrying about 15 extra pounds and I swear it's just in all the wrong places. But this body helped me carry and deliver two bundles of joy. And my feet and lungs can carry me through a 5K now when it couldn't a year ago. My next goal is to complete my 21 day workout DVD plan (30 min/day) without taking days off for hangovers this time around.

I really dislike my stubby fingers/nails. But these fingers/nails can play a few instruments, and I met my amazing hubby in marching band. I swear, marching band was the cool thing to do in high school My next goal is to paint my nails every couple of evenings to hopefully help my nails grow. (This sounds so silly as I write it out. Oh well. I think it stems from being a little OCD.)

I am not happy at all about the weeds around our house and general disarray. But we have spent the last few rare sunny weekend days with family, friends, and especially our kids, together, instead of tending the house. My next goal is to get the kids little gardening gloves and have them help for short periods of time, and plant their own flower.

Say it with me now - "Woosah."