View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
overwhelmd

Hello April Fools! I've been out enjoying the lovely weather this holiday weekend My husband had enough of his job and quit last Thursday, so I took off Friday and we spent the long weekend golfing and kayaking! It was fantastic! He was the manager of a True Value store for the past 12 years and finally had enough. He got a seasonal (summer/fall) job as a jeep tour guide at the Grand Canyon so his new office is the Colorado River at the bottom of the canyon! He is really excited, and it has breathed new life into the both of us. In the late fall, he will be working as a hunting guide and then taking a break through the winter. He's really nervous because he is a bit of an introvert, so guiding tourists will mean he has to be more outgoing, and it is also a pretty big pay cut, but we've struggled with money before. Not going to worry about it at this point.

I am at 51 days today feeling really proud of this, I don't know why but making it past 50 days seems like a milestone to me. I am also nearly weaned off of the valium. Only taking a small amount at night now. My birthday is June 18 and so my present to myself is to be completely free of all substances (except caffeine!) by that date.

I hope everyone is doing well, and if not so well, at least coming to us for support and love.

One quick note, we have had a terrible fire in Oak Creek Canyon just north of Sedona and it has ravaged one of my favorite places on this earth. Please, please be careful with fire and especially so if you are visiting any of the drought ridden parts of our country. The southwest is a tinderbox right now. Pray for rain. Hugs