# 121 (permalink)  

Welcome Pinkgate!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

we'll save your seat pinky!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Welcome from me as well pinkgate!!!

I know FBL...I read quite a bit of the thread. It was wonderful to see how many of you are still here...and it was really beautiful to see how much some of my friends have grown and changed over these few years. And also awesome to see how some have consistently been lovely and giving on these threads for years....

Love to all of the Overs,

V xx
Old 04-28-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Wow! Has it really been that long since it started? Must be as I was only at 18 months then and now am approaching 4 yrs 5 months.

Welcome Pinkgate! Always glad to welcome someone to the overs thread.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Welcome, pink gate!!! A year is the best, this little thread is fun. Hope you love it here!

Toots, premature congratulations, really? You trying to get us in trouble on two threads?

Jeni, I hope you had an easyish day at work and you got some rest.

Welllll, I for my annual evaluation at work today. The first words out of my bosses mouth were, "you've had a tremendous year wehav." Yeah, she calls me wehav too lol!

Funny how you do your job better when you aren't drunk or hungover a single day in your rating period... it was a year of normal stuff, but also some challenges and even a medical emergency. So yeah, I'm very glad I was sober. It was nice to sit with her and not feel like a fraud. I feel like I earned this one.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

That's just excellent wehav...really.

V xx
Old 04-28-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Wehav....you are just AMAZING!!! And I know you were worrying (unnecessarily!) about that review..SOOO proud of you!

Welcome pinkgate

Least..thank you so much for starting this thread. It's my home now. I need a base you know...I went through a period of mourning when my class of May 2012 dried up. SR has been a major influence on me..the first place it felt safe to be me. I've been through quite a journey since I stumbled on this website and I will be here forever, so if it's OK with you guys, I will take the chair in the corner and settle myself in for the long haul.

My FIL continues to improve daily and I'm so thankful for that. I'm hoping he will go on to make a full recovery.

I've got a busy day with meetings back to back from 8.00 until 6.00 and I'm taking one of the lads swimming at lunchtime, to get rid of some of his excess energy. It's going to be tiring and demanding...but I slept well last night, and when I do that, I can deal with anything...

Have a good day everyone. Keep smiling x
Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Overries)

Not much to report for me - just still sober and kicking.

Pink - Welcome!

Wehave - congrats on your evaluation! It's not easy to get any kind words out of bosses - you should be damn proud of yourself!

Jeni - Glad you FIL is recovering and you've had a good sleep. May I take a seat next to you and keep you company during this long haul? I second what you are saying about SR - it's my home now. Real home - where I feel safe to be myself. That's priceless.

My best wishes to all the Overries)
Old 04-29-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi everybody--I'm trucking along, life has been pretty busy. I've been trying to spend as much time as possible having fun with my boyfriend and my dog before I go. And planning the whole packing process which is daunting and deciding exactly what I want to do when I get there.
My job is toughening me up again physically which I like, but I'm glad it's only short term. The old aches and pains are coming back--the numb hands and constantly sore neck. I don't recommend landscaping to anyone over 25!!!

Hello Pink gate!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Jeni that is great news about FIL. Sounds like you have a busy day planned!

Wehav congrats on the great evaluation, no more than you deserved! Trouble? Moi? Never!

MB, good to see you as always.

IP, I have a huge garden to clear when we get home, I'm dreading it. Over 25? Try over 50! Yeesh!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm sorry that I have not checked in for a while.
Today is day 400. I've been running a lot and hitting AA meetings. I have 3 races 2 5k's and a five mile cliff run in the next month. I've decided to train for a half marathon in Boston in October. I feel blessed to be living and enjoying a sober life. Yes I have my emotional ups and downs, but I try and live in today.
God Bless all of you.
Matthew
Old 04-29-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Hey, Overs! Thanks so much for the high fives and warm re-welcome. And a huge hello to PinkGate! Two Pinks in the house, oh yeah, baby!

Okay... so I lasted 3 days on the vape-free front. Sheesh. Although, first 3 days in a long string of no days off. Vaping isn't as devastating as drinking, but it sure has its drawbacks in trying to secure a good night's sleep. Tossing and turning in an overly nic-ed state. Back on the horse and do the quit again. Gotta post on SR on a regular basis just like I did when kicking booze to the curb. That worked miracles for me, fo' shizzle.

Otherwise, a glorious day in supreme sobriety! Have a wonderful day/eve, everyone. Hugs all around.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Matthew!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sounds like you're doing great Matt, I'm not expecting to still be in Boston next October, looks like we will be heading back to Scotland September latest due to a visa issue, so I won't be there to cheer, but I will wish you luck when you run.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Toots, you can't leave before coming to visit me in my neck of the woods. Jealous that you saw Courage and not me. ha ha.

Matthew, good to see you here. I was wondering how you were.

My father has finally been operated on. He's 80 so we were rather concerned with the general anaesthesia. That has occupied my day.

Otherwise, I think Jeni that you may be right that my memory problems has to do with hormones. I'll talk to my Doctor about that.

Have a good evening everyone. MB, good to see you here too. How are things with you?

DP
Old 04-29-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

So glad your dad got through the anaesthetic dorothy. And I hope that he will be OK (((hugs))).

Trying to live in the day is something I am still working on Matthew. Nice to see you.

(((toots))) just because!

Love to all of the Overs,

V xx
Old 04-29-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for you and your dad Dot

D
Old 04-29-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

dot, prayers for your dad.

matthew, good to see you here! I've seen you around sr a little, haven't been on the overs for very long myself. how awesome on the running!

I don't have a runner's body. not at all. I have a couch surfing body, really...

jeni, girl you are giving away all of my secrets! lol. YES, I was stressed about the eval. but not nearly as bad as usual. it was pretty cool. it's like all this headspace that used to be spent on worry is now being used on, well, living! not that I don't worry, or do stupid things I have to apologize for and atone for. there's still plenty of that!

I'm glad you got to take a little friend for a swim, I know how you treasure getting to spend time with your students.

I'm so glad FIL is doing better. it's pretty amazing how well people can come back from strokes if they have medical attention quickly. the boy from my work has a few things that have changed for good, but he is almost certain to live a normal life and walk and talk and play and do well in school. and he had a massive stroke. still praying of course...

toots, you are handling the do we stay or do we go thing very well! I'm glad you are enjoying boston while you are there.

((((((((((((((((((((venus))))))))))))))))))))) just because.... how are you doing girl? feeling better yet? praying for you too, girlll.

"fo' shizzle, now THERE'S the FP I know and love! you can do this, kiddo! I wish I had suggestions. miraculously, nicotine is a drug that never got me. don't think I would push it now, of course. but I do remember craving cigarettes a few months after I quit drinking. it was like my body was pissed off at me, and saying "for god's sake woman, I need SOMETHING bad for me!!" lol. I had a cigar on a camping trip and that was the end of it.

I don't have much, just saying hello really. and attempting to stay caught up. :-) hope you all have a lovely night/day!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thank you wehav my love!!

I'm about the same. Going to the naturopath tomorrow after work.
Had my doc put me on the wait list for surgery.

But you made me smile...both with your huge hug, and the news that the 12 (?) year old who had the stroke last year is mostly OK. I have been wondering. I still thank God that you were so quick on your feet that day.

Love V xx
Old 04-29-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
LDT

Just got back from a lovely birthday dinner for my good friend. This 2nd year of sobriety is yanking me out of my self imposed social isolation. I'm really starting to enjoy people and events again. I'm not afraid anymore. What a relief,

Welcome to the new kids on the block. I'm still trying to get to know everyone here because I'm fairly new myself. I will apologize in advance if and when I get the "pinks" mixed up

Sweet dreams Overs!