Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 16

Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Itchy!!! that's so weird because I was thinking of you just yesterday when I was out walking and came across a memorial to some US Servicemen. I was going to pop over to HATZ and say hi this morning...spooky.

Hi Kablume, good to have you with us.

It's back to work for me today. At least I slept well last night. What a strange one we all had Sunday night didn't we? Raccoons LDT? There's probably some hidden meaning to that if you asked a dream analyst. I have very weird dreams..but then I'm not quite the ticket so it's to be expected

Toots...I hope you enjoyed the marathon.

Have a good day everyone x
Old 04-22-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

great seeing you itch!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Back in the saddle today after a relaxing Easter weekend with family & friends. I'm lucky in that my entire family gets along great. I noticed that no one was drinking...maybe my sobriety is rubbing off. Either that or I was the only one drinking like a fish all those years

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys
Dottie good to see you here

DG how are you feeling today?

VC I hope you are getting treatment for that sinus infection, it has gone on far too long now.

IP Dottie was spot on, our reason for coming here is addiction, but in recovery, we also have to confront what drew us towards our DOC. It is tough to back off and see our parents as people, and disentangle our emotions from the relationship, but when we do, it allows for tolerance. If there is understanding and compassion all the better, Dottie is a bigger person than me, I can't quite get to the compassion part.

Itchy, good to see you sweetie.

Jeni I had an amazing day yesterday. Where I stood was the last 1k mark, just as they come up the last incline on commonwealth avenue. I yelled myself hoarse. If we are still here next year I am definitely learning to whistle loud to save my voice. I was meant to be recording today, but can barely croak, so have to cancel. I met some really nice people who had come to cheer. Some had families, others wanting to show support. One lady with her husband came in from Newton where she normally stood to cheer. Said she felt the need to prove she wasn't scared to be here. And those runners were just incredible, it was humbling to see the effort some of them were having to out in to get there. We saw a couple of collapses which were heart rending, they were so very close to finishing. There was a huge police presence, but no aura of potential threat, everywhere were smiles, more than a few tears, and even the police were being friendly, though never lowering their guards, eyes everywhere constantly scanning. It was a day of healing, of courage, of tenacity, of victory, of belief. We all won yesterday.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Toots, I am still a bit sick. And I'm getting sick of being sick now too!
Old 04-22-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Get better soon DG!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hugs DG, xx
Old 04-22-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi Jen,
I can assure you I was not one of that group. Although I do sleep like the dead for 8-9 hours every night.

Hey RZ! I think I'll hang out back here some too! Since most of HATZ is here now most of the time. Ah the youngsters with just a year under their belts. Remember when we were just kids in our sobriety?<grin> How have you been?

Back atcha Toots! I grew up near RZ for my teens. Not quite Pahkin my cah in the hahvahd yahd!
:lol

FBL,
Was that visit home another two hundred mile odyssey each way? Odyssey thank God for spell checkers!

DG,
When I got sick and tired, of being sick and tired, I quit drinking, Oh! wait a minnit, you done done that already! Hmmmm. See the doc?

Hey to Drake, Dee and all the ships at sea! (And anyone else missed)
Old 04-22-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
LDT

I'm sending you virtual chicken soup DG. Feel better

Oh...and now I know why I had a nightmare about raccoons. I found one of my dog's chew toys on the boat.....it's was a stuffed ( fake, obviously ) raccoon. I must have imprinted on it before bed.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

G'day Itchy

D
Old 04-22-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

hey itch

do you remember Fiddler's Green in shippan?

we been play'n there
Old 04-22-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Morning

Gawd, I've only been back at work for a day, and it seems like I've never been away. We had a new little girl visit us yesterday...she is starting part time next week..2 years old! Just the tiniest perfect little bundle of joy she was. Down's syndrome, a really bad heart defect, and a bunch of other medical issues which means she needs to be fed via a naso-gastric tube and given oxygen regularly. My job just puts everything in the world right back into perspective for me sometimes..just what I need.

Have a good day everyone x
Old 04-23-2014, 12:41 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey RZ,
I remember it vaguely. I worked full time and went to school, then just worked long hours at the Maude Chez Elle in Westport then left for the AF in Jan 71 at 18. So I never really hung out as an adult in Stamford with a drinking age of 21. We drove to White Plains for that. I remember Shippan Point and the beach and park. I preferred Cove Island but for kite flying you couldn't beat that hill in Shippan park back then. Fishing off the rock jettys there was great too. Remember I did not drive until two years before leaving for the military, and never returned except for twice visiting family. I did find their webpage tonight however.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

white plains huh,

i saved gas and went to port chester! lol
Old 04-23-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

This thread makes me laugh. Toots with her hoarse voice and LDT with her squeaking toy. Ha ha.
My sister's dog once ate a whole squeaky toy and we could still hear it squeak though is stomach.

Just a quick check in to say hello, good morning and to wish you a happy day.

DP
xx
Old 04-23-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, it's actually a 700 mile round-trip from here to the family (Milwaukee to northern suburbs of Minneapolis).

I finally got my new credit card yesterday! Didn't realize how much I rely on it until I didn't have one for the past 10 days.

Have a great day, overs!
Old 04-23-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
LDT

Morning Overs,

It's very foggy out this morning. We're headed back to our land based home today. This trip was just an appetizer really. I've got to get back for a rehearsal and to finish out the school year with my students. We've been trying to figure out how to safely get my keyboard on the boat so I can practice here. H has some ideas, which is good because I can't be away from it too long.

DP...too funny about hearing the squeaky toy in the stomach.

Hey Itch.

The only negative about being on a boat is I can't do yoga..... I'm already majorly clumsy on dry land ( which as you can imagine was 100 times worse when I was drinking ) so I don't dare tempt fate by busting a few yoga poses on a rocking boat. I need to figure that one out.

Happy Hump Day everyone.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Buddy!!!!!

love that guy fbl
Old 04-23-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Well I am still squeaking like LDTs raccoon so no recording tomorrow either.
I love Bostonian accents here there is the one that sounds almost Bronx to my ignorant ear and is usually peppered with wicked awesomes then there is the hahrvahd accent Itchy mentioned. Then of course there are visitors from all over. I can people listen for hours!!

Itchy, it's funny being a newbie again! I wasn't sure I'd even bother popping in here when I turned a year ( I still pop in daily to bore the asses off the Undies ) but I have realised that year two brings it's own issues I need to deal with ( plus there is a whole new bunch of folk to bore! )

LDT, it's a shame you don't have the best balance, I'd love to do yoga at sea with the sun rising over the horizon, it would be a whole new sublime!

FBL It is so much easier to travel long differences here than in the uk which is like trying to traverse one big city half the time!

Dottie, happy day right back at you sweetie, I hope it is a happy one too.

Jen that we girl sounds an absolute darling, give her an extra hug from auntie
Toots next week.

I have spent most of the day writing, I am nearing the end of a novel and finding it difficult to stop the flow once I get writing. My butt is sore from sitting so long! But I am enthused by what I am writing, even though I have no idea if it is worth reading and haven't a clue what to do when I have finished!

DG I hope you are feeling better today
And VC, how's your sinus problem?

Well peeps, I'm offski, bed is calling.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Morning.

FBL...pleased you got your replacement credit card.

LDT...forgive me but the picture of you trying to do yoga on a boat and collapsing made me giggle....I know nothing of yoga at all, though it has been recommended to me by a friend to help with insomnia...but I also have poor balance and even worse co-ordination. Honestly I could fall of a chair while I was sitting on it... I can barely walk on a boat, let alone do yoga!

Toots..I love listening to accents too. I honestly think mine (totally being Estuary English, you were spot on) is just the worst ever. Some English accents are better than others, but the further North you go, the weirder it gets. And I've no idea how you manage in Scotland! I love the Welsh accent, I find it soothing, but that might be because my Nan was Welsh. I couldn't tell the difference in American accents...New York maybe, and that from the far South...but not the rest. It's been great making friends from different parts of the world and skypeing.

Anyway, I'm rambling..how come it's only Thursday? This was supposed to be a short week, but it's lasted about a month so far

Have a good one everyone x