Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 7

Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Torn, that is disappointing and frustrating I'm sure. It takes a lot if courage and time to seek out help like that and for it to end up like that just doesn't seem fair. But, I think the suggestions to look elsewhere seem to be your best bet. Just keep doing what you are doing for now and don't give up. Since my experience with counseling on Wednesday, I also have to look into some other options. It's not easy working full time and raising kids on your own to find the time it takes to explore the options!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi Febbies

Gazza, I haven't had an opportunity to read the Under the Influence thread, although I did see a film version at a mandatory alcohol education class for my DUI arrest. It was shocking and hard to watch at times because I identified as an alcoholic while watching it. Which, I guess, was the point if showing it to the class.

FABL - sorry about the way the counseling worked out for you. As a child care provider in the small town where I am raising young children who are involved in lots of recreational activities, I can identify with your embarrassment at seeing folks who know you. I've reached a point where I am not worried if someone I know should come to find out that I'm in recovery. There's no shame in getting better.

DiggingIn - How did the meeting about your job transfer go? In my experience, there's nothing as effective as time and space for getting over an unrequited love.

Torn - I posted on your other thread about IOP. It looks like others had good perspectives on there. My initial responses to challenging situations are often clouded because I get frustrated, then angry, followed by remorseful, then overwhelmed and second guessing myself.
(Aha moment here - courtesy of you taking the time to discuss your struggle - thank you - I love SR - back to Torn)
I get it and it's helpful to hear what others have to say. Personally, some prejudice makes me indignant and moralistic, and other prejudice hits close to home and shuts me right down. Ironic that I'm not as strong a voice for that which affects me personally compared to that which doesn't.

Dee - ((((((avatar)))))))

LonelyShadow - when do you start your jobs?

NeverThought - how you doing?

Hello everyone else. Even if I didn't identify you here you are all on my thoughts. Much love!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Torn - I read your post about IOP - ugh, how incredibly annoying and frustrating! I hope you're able to find some other options.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Gazza, I promise to read that soon!

I called up, they have IOP in other town. I had to talk to a supervisor. She said she heard about last night and it wasn't usual.

I said I don't know what part. So I told her my experience. I said I was angry, slept on it, and I still want to switch.

So they will call back. I never heard what problem she was already aware of.

It's just a setback. FABL, I had to sneak a call in at work. As long as we take healthy actions to the setbacks, we'll get stronger.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post
DiggingIn - How did the meeting about your job transfer go?
I meet with her on Tuesday. If we get something worked out I'll change jobs (and buildings!!!) at the beginning of May.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post

I meet with her on Tuesday. If we get something worked out I'll change jobs (and buildings!!!) at the beginning of May.
Rooting for you!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Torn, glad you already started taking steps to find an alternative. I asked my mother to ask around a little bit about private counselors for me, so that's a start.
Diggin, I'm so happy that the job situation is working out for you. I think you will feel so relieved to not have to face that everyday.

It is my absolute witching hour... After work on a friday- double whammy. I had some leftover pizza before I left work because hunger is such a huge trigger for me. My sister is coming over to work out and both my daughters should be home tonight. I'm nervous, I hate not trusting myself. I loved waking up this week and my mood is improving each day. Why would I even consider giving that up? It's crazy...
Old 04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Thanks for asking gleefan! Started my first job today, it looks great, lots of people my age and interesting work, it's going to be good having a steady stream of income again as well as build up some self-esteem and respect by having employment. The gym instructor shifts start in may so I have a month to settle into this one first.

The AV did try a couple of times to worm his way in during training but it wasnt as bad as I was expecting so that's a positive.

Torn I was dismayed to read IOP was such a bad experience for you, hope you find something better!

DiggingIn hope the meeting goes well, you'll be in my thoughts.

Hope all are well and strong out there
Peace and love to all
Old 04-04-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Torn, glad you already started taking steps to find an alternative. I asked my mother to ask around a little bit about private counselors for me, so that's a start.
Diggin, I'm so happy that the job situation is working out for you. I think you will feel so relieved to not have to face that everyday.

It is my absolute witching hour... After work on a friday- double whammy. I had some leftover pizza before I left work because hunger is such a huge trigger for me. My sister is coming over to work out and both my daughters should be home tonight. I'm nervous, I hate not trusting myself. I loved waking up this week and my mood is improving each day. Why would I even consider giving that up? It's crazy...
It's the nature of the beast FABL, the scorpion has a silver tounge. Ignore it and it will go away

stay strong
Old 04-04-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Just post if you need us, FABL. Stay strong.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

FABL - you can get through tonight sober, I know you can. Take it an hour at a time, one minute at a time if you need to, and remember that we're here for you!

I'm making dinner for the family then headed to bunco tonight, most there will be drinking wine, but it'll be just water for me. This will be my first social get together where alcohol is kind of prominent, but I'm not worried at all. I am 1000% committed to not drinking, and I've never drank a ton there anyway (just before and after), so I don't anticipate any real pressure. Maybe just a friendly "where's your wine glass?!" To which I will say "Long day, wine would put me right to sleep!" Over and done.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Fabl - stay close. Friday evenings can be triggering, for sure.

On an evening when I don't have plans, by habit, I'll think "wine" ... then I remember I am a nondrinker. It's better than it was a couple of months ago when I'd grieve when I remembered that I couldn't have alcohol. And I have hope and faith that some day we all will automatically think [hobby, movie, game, fill in the blank] when we don't have plans, that our minds won't automatically turn to alcohol as an answer for everything.

AA makes a great non drinking plan on a night when I don't have anything else going on. Sometimes taking a non drinking action is what helps me get through a trigger, and if I can't think of anything that sounds fun, or I'm looking for the company of others, I know there will be folks at AA feeling exactly the same way. Plus, like I said upthread, I don't worry about recognizing anyone anymore because there is no shame in improving my life.

I hope you find some sober peace and comfort tonight, and post if you need us.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Speaking of AA... Sitting at a meeting right now waiting the start.

All I can figure...can't be as bad as IOP went.

My nerves are beat up though.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you find it beneficial Torn

D
Old 04-04-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Thanks to each of you once again for your support. I find it so difficult to respond to write to people personally in my posts when I am on my phone. It's much easier on my laptop, anyone else experience that? or I am I just very forgetful about who shared what when reading so many posts!
Anyway, I am out of the woods for tonight. Feels good. Not drinking does make me want to go bed early though. I think I'm becoming addicted to how I feel when I wake up in the morning now
Old 04-04-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear it FABL

D
Old 04-04-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
Speaking of AA... Sitting at a meeting right now waiting the start.

All I can figure...can't be as bad as IOP went.

My nerves are beat up though.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Thanks to each of you once again for your support. I find it so difficult to respond to write to people personally in my posts when I am on my phone. It's much easier on my laptop, anyone else experience that? or I am I just very forgetful about who shared what when reading so many posts!
Anyway, I am out of the woods for tonight. Feels good. Not drinking does make me want to go bed early though. I think I'm becoming addicted to how I feel when I wake up in the morning now
Yes! I like to write a lot and respond to lots of people. The phone tries to auto correct everything. I can't wait to get home, I'm usually more willing to respond to newcomers too with a keyboard or my Ipad keyboard.

I'm also getting addicted to waking up fresh in the morning. It's great. I try and remember that if I get urges.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Day 12. Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. Got some surprising, yet exciting news I wanted to share with you all. After over a year of trying to have another child I am finally pregnant. My husband and I had given up and decided to stop trying a few months ago so go figure. However, it is kind of hard for us to be excited yet. Long story short, I got pregnant in the summer of 2012, but we lost the baby at 13 weeks. We found out she had a fatal chromosome disorder, Trisomy 18, and they were surprised I had made it that far. We were devastated. I had just turned 41 so we knew the odds were higher for a chromosome defect, just didn't think we would be the 1 in 100. Anyway, I am 42 now and very worried about another problem. Trying to be positive and excited, but I will be a nervous wreck until we know everything is ok. Good news is my AV seems to disappear whenever I am pregnant so looking forward to not having to struggle with that for, hopefully, 9 months

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for being here and for letting me share my news. Will keep you all posted.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone!

Day 12. Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. Got some surprising, yet exciting news I wanted to share with you all. After over a year of trying to have another child I am finally pregnant. My husband and I had given up and decided to stop trying a few months ago so go figure. However, it is kind of hard for us to be excited yet. Long story short, I got pregnant in the summer of 2012, but we lost the baby at 13 weeks. We found out she had a fatal chromosome disorder, Trisomy 18, and they were surprised I had made it that far. We were devastated. I had just turned 41 so we knew the odds were higher for a chromosome defect, just didn't think we would be the 1 in 100. Anyway, I am 42 now and very worried about another problem. Trying to be positive and excited, but I will be a nervous wreck until we know everything is ok. Good news is my AV seems to disappear whenever I am pregnant so looking forward to not having to struggle with that for, hopefully, 9 months

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for being here and for letting me share my news. Will keep you all posted.
Congratulations, LB; what beautiful news. Does this mean that the Febbies are going to be aunts and uncles? What fun!!!!