Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 7

Old 04-06-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I will be thinking of you Ladybug and praying for good news...

It has been quiet lately, I've been thinking the same.

I have noticed that as I get more used to not drinking, my focus shifts from sobriety to weight loss. This sounds like it's not bad, but for me it can be because I have managed to convince myself that my reward for weight loss or meeting an exercise goal can be a few drinks. Obviously counterproductive, but that's how the AV works I guess. I have to keep control of those tricky thoughts.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

LB- praying for you as well. Such a scary yet exciting time. I'll be praying for you and baby for the duration.

FABL- You doing ok today? You're doing great. Keep it up.

Hope everyone is doing well. Last day off, glad it's sunny out. Long week ahead. In fact, if things go as I think is possible, it will be a long several weeks ahead.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good morning class of Feb! Have a happy Sunday!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Happy Sunday everyone,

Day 14 and doing well. Proud of you, FABL, for getting through last night. It's weird how the strong cravings do pass and then you are left feeling so happy and grateful for not giving in.

LS, glad you are enjoying your new job and new routine!

Had to get another bloodtest yesterday to check my HCG level so hoping for good news tomorrow from my Dr. Guess they are looking for my levels to have doubled since the last bloodtest and if they haven't then that is a good indication I will miscarry. I don't remember having to do all of this when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I guess it's because of my age/previous pregnancy loss? Trying to stay positive.

Going to be a beautiful day here today. Hope everyone is doing well. Sure has been quiet here lately
Keeping you and your little one in my prayers, LB.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Checkin in.

All good sadly its monday already for me.

Be well all
G
Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Checkin in.

All good sadly its monday already for me.

Be well all
G
Oh boo. Stick with your US Febbies and make believe. That way you can skip Monday altogether and start your week with Tuesday - makes for a shorter work week.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Happy sober Sunday Febbies!

LB2: You are in my thoughts for good news.

Having a lazy obligation free Sunday. Chilling with the cats.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

TR- It's been a nice relaxing day for me too. Just watching some cooking shows.

Have a wedding reception to go to this evening. Should be fine. I'm sure there will be wine and beer there but I don't anticipate a problem. I'll be with my parents and sister and none of them really drink.

I'm really not wanting to go back to work tomorrow. My time away from that mess was so peaceful.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post
TR- It's been a nice relaxing day for me too. Just watching some cooking shows.

Have a wedding reception to go to this evening. Should be fine. I'm sure there will be wine and beer there but I don't anticipate a problem. I'll be with my parents and sister and none of them really drink.

I'm really not wanting to go back to work tomorrow. My time away from that mess was so peaceful.
Fingers crossed that you get good news on your new job opportunity.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi Febbies

It's been a good weekend here. I've been keeping up with everyone's posts, just waiting for some time to respond where I don't have multiple interruptions.

I met up with Needy Friend for a quick shopping trip this weekend. Her company stressed me out and annoyed me. As much as she annoys me, I struggle to set up stronger boundaries with her. I realized that putting up with her intrusive behavior is a way that I treat myself poorly, and that's helped me work on strengthening those boundaries.

At the same time, I am continuing to build new relationships. My family had a nice get together with a couple of other families to watch the mens' college basketball Final Four games. If I was still drinking, I'd have never wanted to leave my house, and lose out on drinking time.

FABL - I'm sorry to hear you slipped last weekend. Your pattern reminds me of mine: abstain as long as I could, then let go and drink, like holding my breath then finally being able to let it out. I had similar patterns with diet and exercise, too - eat healthy, exercise hard, and reward myself with alcohol. You are a bright, caring person who is in a tremendously stressful situation as a single mom. Let me tell you, drinking magnifies stress and tension. It increases feelings of isolation and loneliness. It makes everything harder. I have a month and a half sober, not long by any means, but I have already found that, after getting adjusted to stopping, I can handle the challenges of work, raising my kids, and managing their sports schedules a lot better. I think you are on the precipice of change. I hear you saying, "I've never tried AA, maybe I should;" I see you looking for therapists even though it's embarrassing. I see your willingness to try something completely outside of your comfort zone. That's how change happens, that's how transformation occurs. On one of my favorite Jillian Michaels exercise DVDs, she says "transformation is not a future event, it's a present activity."

Runners - The couch to 5k works, as does the couch to 10k. I've done both successfully. (On the safety of my treadmill due to long standing agoraphobic tendencies - *sigh*). I'm currently nursing a heel injury - either planters fasciitis or heel spur - that I blame on overtraining last September through December when numb from hangovers, when my drinking reached an all time high. I've had this in the past, on my other foot, and it's subsided with time, so Dr. gleefan here is waiting to see if easing up on my exercise regimen does the trick again.

LonelyShadow - I'm glad the job is going well, and I am super happy to hear that you're surfing through your triggers. For me, Springtime is arriving in Connecticut, and putting the chairs on the patio for "afternoon drinks" on the weekend is a trigger. My husband LOVES to sit there, but has been extremely understanding as to why it's hard for me. Today he said, "I completely understand why you don't want to do it, and I won't ask you again." <3 He said that seeing me not drink has made him look at his drinking. He detailed his moderation plan to me. I was supportive, but know full well that people who don't have issues with alcohol don't need to think about it so much. That's for him to figure out on his own, though. He said he's also starting to brainstorm nondrinking activities that he can do, such as join a men's sports league.

Torn - You sound good. Keep up the good work!

DiggingIn - Good luck this week with the possible transfer.

SoberLeigh - Hello and love to you!

My big hurdle to sobriety this weekend has been the ongoing youth hockey coaching drama. It came to a big frothy dramatic head, with the other side being forced to step aside due to an ethical breach, then blowing up email and social media, as well as face to face, with insults to my husband's integrity and coaching ability.

The relationships I've been building in sobriety have been a benefit during this time, both a support system and a diversion from the intense situation. I've been able to make some wise cracks about it, and also ask for help to put it into perspective. A friend texted me, "remember you have lots of people who love you and who support you"... and I thought, wow, I'm awfully lucky. In those moments where I'm alone with my thoughts, when drinking seems like a nice escape from all this coaching insanity, I remember that I have friends on SR who love and support me too.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Love back 'ya, gleefan, and all the Febbies.

Hey, keithurbanfan, are you watching the Country Music Awards tonight?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Hi Glee, thanks for the update. That is nice that your husband taking a look at his drinking and is understanding. My husband is going through the same thing.

Your heel will hopefully heal. I had that once from running too many times in a row and not following a gradual plan. How does your heel feel now?

I'm sorry the hockey drama continues. I can only hope that with time it lessens or fades and there is no more issues.

I really liked what you said to FABL, it sums up my thoughts too.

How is your cravings? Today was nice, a Sunday, you could smell BBQ in the air. I wanted a drink but didn't. The cravings are getting better.

DiggingIn keep us posted about your week back at work. You are doing great!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in....all is well. Had a busy weekend. B-day party on Saturday and my son had a friend over yesterday.

Great job everyone.

Congrats LB.....and thinking of you.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Coming up on 60 days on Wednesday. I've gone 90 days before without the support I've created this time around. Planning on acknowledging the milestone and continuing to actively work recovery.

Feels a lot different this time around. Filling my life with positive activities that have taken the place of drinking. Reading and posting here on SR keeps the reasons I quit on the forefront of my thoughts and mindful of how important it is to stay active with the recovery process.

Thanks for all the support and sharing your stories
Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Seeks, congratulations in advance.

It certainly is better having support than going alone.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Good morning, Febbies.

Hope you get good news today, LB.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Well, about the only way I can describe the office today is icy. Having a terrible time staying awake. Plan to walk at lunch. There's a firefighter convention going on. Should be some good eye candy!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post
Well, about the only way I can describe the office today is icy. Having a terrible time staying awake. Plan to walk at lunch. There's a firefighter convention going on. Should be some good eye candy!
Sorry to hear that DI. Are your co-workers being icy towards you in particular?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

A couple of threads that I read today reminded me of a slideshow. I am terrible at providing links on this place but if you go to the below link and then click on The Train Ride, you will find it:

pixiesplace.com -------- The Train Ride

The slideshow speaks to our life's journeys and the people who share our journey along the way. It compares our life journey to a train ride and speaks to the people who ride with us on our trains ( some for great lengths of time, some for only moments).

I would like to share that video with all my Febbies and let you know how grateful I am that we have found ourselves on the same train. May our journeys together be long, healthy, fulfilling, supportive, and joyful
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

DiggingIn, maybe they are just having Monday blues? Try and concentrate on eye candy and your meeting.