Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 9

Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good morning ladies,
Lots of exciting news on here lately! Ladybug I'll be praying for you and sending good vibes your way! I can't wait until I get pregnant again. We're not going to try until baby is about a year old and our financial status is a little more stable, but that's not too far in the future. I want to make sure that I can stay sober the whole time. Not one drop. Unfortunately my AV doesn't go away even if I get pregnant. I just want to enjoy this next pregnancy. I loved being pregnant with my first baby, but it was sort of ruined by my alcoholism.
Everything is going well here. I feel good. Nothing planned for today yet, but I'm sure we'll figure something out! Take care ladies.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Awww Ladybug - I know exactly what you mean - I class this group as my bffs too - i think you guys know more about me than my closest friends and I love the warmth and support I get from everyone here

Good luck with all of your tests - I hope you get the results quickly and that it's good news so that you can just enjoy being pregnant and get baby The baby number 2 that you so want .

Lulu - it sounds like you guys have some nice plans too - I really hope it all works out for you .

I managed to stop smoking when pregnant but didn't stop drinking - I drank a bit but not loads - if I look back now I drank more pregnant than I do now which is not something I'm proud of. It didn't help that I actually loathed being pregnant both times - I guess if we were all the same it would be boring right.

Anyways - my hubby comes home again tonight and he's then with us for the next 2 weeks which is really needed now. My eldest is really missing him and so am I. Only 3 more sleeps until we board the plane and only now are the nerves starting to kick in - I just hope we 're doing the right thing! Guess we'll soon find out !

Have a great day everyone xxxxx
Old 04-03-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Lady - just FYI - we're headed to the zoo today. I know your daughter has school and dance... We're leaving now, so should be there just before 11, and I packed a lunch, so I'm thinking we'll be there until about 1ish...
Old 04-03-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Ladybug! This is such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. I hope all hoes well with the Dr. today. You know, I've heard so many times that its when you're finally stop trying so hard that things work out. Please keep us updated on every detail.

I'm home from my quick trip to Utah. I think the presentation went really well. I'm hoping the client tells my boss how she thinks it went. I was a little slow on the power point presentation but I think I did okay. I'm tough on myself (aren't we all) and I'm really hoping that I can continue to do the things necessary in my job to move up. Promotions are really tough in our firm, we do maybe 2-3 a year. There hasn't been a promotion from my position to the next one in 3 years. So, its hard but I'm hoping that asking me to go in his place, my boss is testing me to see if I'm ready. I just have to keep my head down and keep working hard.

Daddy did pretty god while I was away. I think its good for him to see how hard it is doing it all. He managed to keep the house straightened as well. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with his performance. I think its so good for the husbands to see how much is involved in the day-to-day. If they don't do it, they cannot fully appreciate it.

I was reading all of your posts yesterday while waiting in the airport for my delayed flight home. I know there is touchiness around SAHM vs. WM and I have to say, I think staying home and taking care of the kids, family, house is the hardest job ever. I view my work as a nice break for me and its something that's totally mine. So perhaps there's selfishness in it as well. When I was at home for maternity leave was when my drinking went through the roof, the depression went through the roof and the constant anxiety was overwhelming. I am so impressed by all of you who stay home, its tough as hell.

I'm dragging today but am going to do my best to get some things done at work. Thinking I'm going to try and cut out to run some errands - my secret release is to run errands during the work day.

Welcome new friends! So happy to have new folks join in the group.

XOX
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Things escalated for me as well, ever since staying at home. I wonder sometimes if it would help if I went back to work. But geez, i would be handing my paycheck to daycare for two kids. I loved doing errands doing the workday too. Sigh. Love my kids but it's stressful. Hubby is gone 10-12 hrs a day. I know I'm a better mom and person without the wine but I go into such a "I deserve it" mantra. The thing is that may be fine if I could cork it after a glass or even two but it snowballs most nights.

I'm done with having babies and blessed.with my 2 kids but I also did not have cravings while pregnant and that was nice. I think deep down it's why I wanted to have a second - I knew I was healthier during those 9 months than ever before.

Anyone here on the east coast? Happy Thursday! I'm going to try to just choose tea tonight and take a bath and watch my TV shows.

Sigh.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

AppleKat -
I am SO reward driven.... so I know the 'I deserve' conversation in my mind. I have started to replace the wine/drunk/reckless abandon reward with facials, new shoes, massage, a sitter for an hour to workout, new mascara... stuff that truly makes me feel better, more relaxed, happier, prettier. I reallocate the wine funds to these other things.

I lived on the east coast for almost 11 years, DC and Boston. Lots of history, memories and friends on the east coast. You guys are getting terrible weather this year! I know all my friends are just dying for spring!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Also, as I am perusing once again, this was one of those posts that really hit home for me. Especially the waking in the middle of the night with a jolt. I need to re-read it every once in awhile.

Oops - I can't yet post links since I haven't posted enough times, but anyway, it was the "is two bottles of wine a night too much" thread. Powerful.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I think both being a sahm and working are hard. Just in different ways. When I was working I was usually busy the second I hit the floor for 12 hours straight. Sometimes I'd get a half hour lunch but that's about it. Lots of stress involved trying to take care of 4 or 5 really sick people. Grouchy doctors didn't help either. On the other hand, it gave me confidence, it was interesting, more social, and could be very rewarding. Being a sahm is quite busy too. I only have 1 patient but he's very needy my lunch isn't even a half hour anymore but sometime I get a break at nap time. It's very rewarding but not so social. A lot more flexible. The household seems to be a lot happier overall.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bebetter View Post
Lady - just FYI - we're headed to the zoo today. I know your daughter has school and dance... We're leaving now, so should be there just before 11, and I packed a lunch, so I'm thinking we'll be there until about 1ish...
Aww, wish we could meet up with you, BeBetter. It's a beautiful day! I pick my daughter up at 11:30 and then we are watching my nephew for a few hours, then dance. Supposed to rain tomorrow, right? Enjoy the zoo!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post

Anyone here on the east coast? Happy Thursday! I'm going to try to just choose tea tonight and take a bath and watch my TV shows.

Sigh.
Hi AppleKat, I am on the east coast. About an hour north of Philadelphia. Lived in the DC/NoVa area for 6 years before moving back to my hometown. Where are you?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Upstate New York! Yeah the weather has been cold and snowy but I think spring is finally showing it's face!!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Wow applekat, I just read that post you were talking about. That's powerful stuff and I can definitely relate to it. Especially that feeling of being sober after drinking an enormous amount. I remember one night after drinking a 12 pack of beer thinking "Oh my god, I just drank a 12 pack and I feel ok". I was horrified. I didn't feel ok the next morning, that's for sure! Ugh. I don't miss those days at all. I used to have to take benadryl so I'd sleep through the night. It didn't work though. I'd still wake up at 3am feeling like I was going to crawl right out of my skin. I'll add that to my list of things to read before I decide to drink!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

hi all! Just wanted to check in on Day 5! Tomorrow and Saturday will be the hard days since I usually only drink on the weekend. My friend is having a get together at her house tomorrow evening but I already have a plan to walk in with my 32 oz of diet coke (and maybe a red bull). If I start getting ansy, then I will leave Hubby and I plan to take it easy this weekend so I think it's going to be movie night at our house Saturday. Looking forward to a low key weekend
Old 04-03-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hey GT - none al beers have always helped me - just a thought if you struggle at the weekend - good luck - once you break the back of the first weekend it feels soooo good you can do this Hun
Old 04-03-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Another quote I read somewhere on this site that sticks with me, and I need to remember more often - paraphrased because I can't actually find it right now -

"I never regret choosing NOT to drink."

And it's true. The times I choose not to drink, I sure don't regret good sleep and waking up with no cloudy thoughts. But I almost always regret drinking nowadays...
Old 04-03-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

apple - I used to live in upstate - went to grad school in Syracuse and then moved north to Pulaski. Those are winters I care to forget!!

Home from the zoo - we had a very nice time, and got to walk through a little kangaroo path in the pen - I didn't know they let you do that!

the SAH verses working mom thing is really touchy. I was never a working mom, and think that I couldn't overcome the guilt of not being with my kids... I do work a tiny bit - 3 hours a week, and 1 Saturday a month, and like Babs said, I think it's good for hubby to see what it's like to go through a day with the girls - gives balance to our home. I can also work up to 10 hours a week at home, but barely make the time to do that except in the spring, when we're gearing up for summer reading and I design the webpage from home. My salary wouldn't go far after daycare, either.... librarians isn't a great paying job!

edited to add that my husband is home at 3:30 everyday, so I can't complain about long days, either - and some days are still hard!!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Sarah I often think about you and your non al beers. I've never tried them but I have drank carbonated water from a can almost every day since I've been sober and I just recently figured out why I like them so much. They're my non al beers!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good old SU and Pulaski. Ha! We've driven through there on the way to Adirondacks.

Being either kind of mom is hard work!! Hubby's long hours don't help me, makes it easier and seemingly more deserving to pour a glass right at 5 (or 4, 3 whatever). But that's not his fault. My own witching hours are prob 4-7/8. If I can get through that....

Are others on here fairly early on in their journey?
Old 04-03-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Applekat - I am on day 65. I cannot believe I'm on day 65... and it gets easier and some days its harder. Sometimes, I just go about my day as a non-drinker and not focus on it too much. Sometimes I feel like getting on the forums makes me want to drink... so I just take each day as it comes and remind myself to be grateful. Gratitude has been really helpful for me.... just being appreciative.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Applekat I haven't been in recovery for even a year yet and the last time I drank was 2 months ago so I consider myself pretty new. I'm like babs. I have times where I want to drink so bad and other times I forget about it. In fact, my urges seem to come in a week long series of waves. Like one day I'll have a really hard day because of my cravings and when I get over that the next day will actually be worse. If I don't give in they go back to, what I consider normal, which is very short non intense cravings a few times a day.