Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 9

Old 04-04-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thank so much girls. Saturday night here...and as luck may have it...I have a headache, so not feeling like wine at all. Thank goodness!

So sorry to hear Dolly definitely a reminder of how serious drinking is. I appreciate this thread so much.

Hugs lady, thinking of you and praying this bubby is a sticky one!!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear about your BILs dad Dolly. My thought are with his family.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Dolly, I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law's dad. It's scary when it hits so close to home. I'm sure he's in a better place now.
I've taken care of a lot of people with severe liver cirrhosis and it isn't pretty. I remember one gentleman in particular. He was only in his late 30's. He was so sick. I won't go into details, but I remember thinking, as I had a hangover, "How much did you drink to get this way?". I even tried to ask the family but I don't think even they knew. He ended up passing away unfortunately. It stuck with me and it scared me.
New Star- congratulations! I'm relieved to hear that you were able to stay sober, but I hope your headache is better!
Pretty relaxing Saturday so far. I woke up to fresh baked cinnamon rolls after my hubby took the baby and let me sleep in. Now we are planning on going to a local dairy to get some more fresh milk and maybe stop at a farmer's market. Not much else planned though! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Checking in quickly from Saturday with the family. The documentary i had mentioned earlier- Lipstick and Liquor. Highly recommend it.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Dolly- wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your family member passing away. What a reminded we are doing the right thing. I felt so old drinking! I could never do my new job if I was still drinking either.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Saturday to all the mommies!! This whole going thru menopause thing is ********!!... I am feeling like I have the worst period ever with RAGING PMS and quite frankly I'm so cranky I don't much care to even be around myself!! My wick is very short for the last few days. I have snapped at the children for pretty much everything! Did errands this morning and was irritated with everyone in my way... Crowds.. Anyone ringing me up and just a general rag to everyone!! I got "the eye" from some man who looked old enough to be a grandpa and though to myself seriously??... Is THIS who I am attractive too now??....LMAO....all that being said though I am still happy do be alive, well and SOBER! Even a bad day sober is better than my worst day drunk!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi all...

Sissy...I know those raging hormones well! When I get PMS, I snap at everything! If hubby had it his way, he would stand in the corner with a lampshade on his head hoping not to be noticed;-). Poor guy...he knows my moods well though and handles it swimmingly usually:-)

Fun day today taking my daughter flower girl dress shopping today, then for lunch. She was in her glory in the bridal shop seeing all the brides trying on dresses:-)

Tea time now ladies...hope you are having a good Saturday.

New Star....still doing okay? Hope your headache cleared.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I can't tell you how different my life is that both my husband and I are not drinking. I don't snap at him anymore for taking so long getting ready (drinking before going out). I'm am so much happier! He's so lovely, kind, responsible and his eyes are as blue as when we met. Why did it take us so long??? All you ladies have helped me sooooo much! Thank you thank you thank you....

Day 56

:-)
Old 04-05-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I so love being cozy in bed sober late on a Saturday night vs being passed out in bed drunk on a Saturday night... I think there is a country song lyric in there somewhere...
Old 04-05-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Quick check in lady's - as today is the day! I'm doing last minute packing and thank goodness we can take car seats / buggies and 46kilos of luggage each. I now have 5 cases brimming with our stuff and omg we fly tonight

Sorry about your family member dolly and how strange with the cross too.

Gotta shoot anyways as so much to do xxxxx
Old 04-06-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hi girls. Thank for your support. Went to a party today. Wine was flowing and my old drinking buddies were there...they asked a few times if I wanted wine and I quite easily said no thanks. I was shocked at how easy it was. Though having said that I was driving so couldn't really anyway. But was great because I had a really good time without drinking.

PMS omg talk to me!!! Arghh have it BIG TIME today!!! Really bad. Since I woke up and it's now 7pm. Hope I wake up happier tomorrow. Off to read posts

Good luck Sarah!! How exciting!!

Lucy I know. Feel exactly the same you guys have been lifesavers for me. Couldn't have done it without you all.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Dolly flower girl shopping sounds fun! Bet she loved it

Sissy of yes love snuggling in bed sober.

Babs am about to watch that doco, thanks.

Lulu omg your patient was so very young?! He must've been a really heavy drinker
Old 04-06-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Justsarah- Bon voyage! It sounds so exciting! What an adventure you are about to have!!!! Safe travels. I'm so glad you are able to bring so much! It must have been hard to decide. Is everything else in storage? Take pictures of S. Africa! I'm a travel agent, so I'm very interested-))

Sissy- I too love getting all snugly at night now. I took a bath and was in bed by 9pm last night. I have to work this morning from 8-11am. Book travel. I can't imagine talking to people right now. I'm not a morning person. I can't wait until I can set my own hours....

New Star- nice going staying sober last night with friends! Do most of your friends know you are not drinking? That's my biggest concern is involving my friends in it. It's good you were driving! Nice excuse!!!

I had a dream about my old dog Brownie last night. She was such a love! I miss hugging her. She was 84 pounds and so gentle. Now I have a 15 pound dog who is very sweet too (I love all creatures) but Brownie was my heart. She passed away August 8, 2013. It's weird how dreams feel so real. Death is very weird. I hope she is happy and enjoying herself.

It's going to be 79 degrees today! I hope my job will stop at 11am so I can enjoy it with the family. Many times this job keeps me working far beyond the hours I get paid. I've got to start making limitations. I'm a perfectionist and it gets me in trouble.

The weight is just falling off me! My appetite is so much less. How about any of you? Beer had me overeating at every turn! Lol

Happy Sunday!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,
Justsarah- good luck on your trip! I hope everything goes well.
Lucy that's awesome about you and your husband. Congratulations on the weight loss too!
I have 60 days today. I was reflecting on how I feel now that I'm not drinking anymore. I feel like I'm actually living now. I actually have to deal with the difficult things in life but I'm also enjoying the good things in life again. When I was drinking I never got excited for things. I never looked forward to things. I was sorta just trying to get through the day. I was so preoccupied with alcohol. This weekend has been nice. Nothing spectacular, but just peaceful and I've enjoyed spending time with my husband and my baby.
I've been feeling good lately. So much different than i did while I was in that hell called alcoholism. Part of it has to do with my husband leaving for 9 days at the end of May. I know it isn't even close yet but it scared me. The first thing I thought was "there is no way I won't be able to drink". It forced me to really look at my motives for sobriety. And you know what? I really don't want to drink. Even if he said "go ahead and drink honey" I wouldn't want to. I don't want to be hungover. I don't want to have the anxiety and depression come back. Moderating is out of the question. Anyway, I hope you all had a great weekend
Old 04-06-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,

Sarah, hope the move goes well!

Lulu, congrats on 60 days! You are doing so well and it sound like you are in a great place!

Lucy, glad the weight is coming off for you. I tried for so long to lose 10 pounds and it wasn't until I stopped drinking that I started to lose anything. All of a sudden the 10 pounds were gone, even with eating lots of sweets! I read somewhere that drinking alcohol really messes with our metabolism.

Had a really nice weekend. Day 14 of no drinking and have no desire. Wish it could always be this easy, but I know better. Getting bloodwork results back tomorrow. We are hoping my HCG levels doubled since the last test. Trying to just enjoy every moment of being pregnant, but it is hard to not worry and think the worst.

Hope everyone had a great weekend
Old 04-06-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hello to all the mommies... Gosh it really helps me reading everything g that everyone writes! We r all so alike in a lot of ways! I am still feeling cranky from hormones but all in all my spirit feels so great! Had a very nice low key weekend with my family... I worked outside in the garden and I even wet to the crafts store and got stuff to make spring wreaths for my front door!!! If u knew me u would die laughing as I am not an arts and crafts kinda gal at all!!!! Hubby just loved them and was so sweet about it... He said I made him really happy to see me trying different things.... Miserable weather here today and its making my head pound but at least it is from the weather and not being drunk or hungover.... My usual Sunday routine consisted of laying on the couch all day long in various states of drunkeness or hangovers but not today!!! Laid on the couch most of the day stone cold sober... Lmao!!!! Major dental work tomorrow and nervous but happy to be getting stuff done hope everyone is well and staying strong!!! Say screw u to the wine!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hi moms...

Sarah...hope your move is going smoothly!

Lady...sending positive vibes your bloodwork will be A-okay!

Lulu...congrats on 60 days!! That's so great! Be proud of yourself...you deserve it!

Sissy....sounds like you had a nice Sunday for yourself, and your hubby was very sweet supporting you:-). It does make the struggle a but easier when they say positive and supportive things like that!

I had a pretty good day myself...did some shopping, and had a nice dinner with the family.

Well, gonna get ready for bed and Monday...got a hectic few days coming up with wake-funeral duties.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Lulu- congrats on 60 days!!!

Lady bug- I'm praying for you. I hope it's all good news! Xox

My hubby and daughter and I ended up at Macy's today. Big sales throughout the mall. I bought an INC petite dress. Very colorful and comfortable. The only way to go. We went to Mexican food for dinner. I'm stuffed. I didn't want a drink. But did drink a regular coke. I needed the sugar.

I'm exhausted and ready to just chill and watch Bravo tv.

The dog had a bath and blow dry. Time to cuddle.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
We had a wonderful weekend! I feel so renewed from that simple 2 hour break with hubby from the kids on Friday night. It let me release my tight clutch on every detail of life for awhile, and reset my head, I think. Feeling much closer to my family for it. We went to our local farm store's open house on Saturday to buy seeds and starts, and enjoyed free hotdogs, popcorn, sugar cake and ice cream. Yeah, not healthy, but yummy and easy! I tilled our main garden and planted tons of stuff this weekend. I added blue hubbard squash, white pumpkins and cukes to my indoor window planting, and planted peas, lettuce, cabbage and carrot seeds outside. My beds are prepped for onions and potatoes, but I ran out of time... Hubby did lots of work around the house and took us all out for ice cream this afternoon. The weather has been so much better.

I have allergies now, which sucks, and had a really weird thing happen today. I took a Claritin (well, storebrand) in the morning and it didn't really do anything, so right before lunch, I took a sudefed (phenylephrine, I think?) and 2 ibuprofen. At lunch, I had the strangest sensation that a hot chill was going through my body, starting at my head and slowly moving down into my torso and then my limbs. It lasted maybe a minute and felt just like a panic attack coming on, and just as I said to my husband that something weird was going on, my entire head cleared of the allergies and I felt perfect. It was so odd... I have weird reactions to things related to ephedrine, and tend to stay away from Sudafed-type meds because of it. I'm happy it worked, but really, what's up with that?

Dolly - I'm so sorry for your family's loss. As others said, this disease is truly deadly, and it's scary to think that anyone could destroy their bodies with alcohol.

Lady - I hope you get good results tomorrow! One day at a time... I always would coach myself through pregnancies that way. Today, I am pregnant, I'd think. That's all I could promise myself - today....

Sissy - I hope the dental work goes well and your recovery is quick. I'd love to see pictures of your wreaths!!

Sarah - how exciting that right now, you are on your way to SA!!!!

Lulu - I think it's great that you really don't want to drink not because you're afraid of being caught, but because you really don't want to drink! When you think about it, it really does get in the way of life - the hangovers, the anxiety. That's what keeps me from drinking - never wanting to go through those first few days of anxiety after quitting, again...
Old 04-06-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Someone just tagged me on Facebook laughing at how drunk I looked. it was from November. Makes me feel great, not.