Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 9

Old 04-02-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sissy4444 View Post
Yes... The whole period thing??!!!... I'm going thru menopause and have not had a period in 6 months and got one today
I am also in menopause - which at the age of 38 is a hard pill to swallow. This month is officially 1 yr since my last menstrual cycle.
I cannot help but think my drinking is what caused my body to shut down.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

May I join you ladies? I have not stopped yet but have cut down from every single day, to typically Friday-Monday. Wine is the beverage of choice! Mommy to two kids, a 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son. I am tired of the hold it has on me. Exhausted from obsessing. Exhausted from terrible sleep. All of it...
Old 04-02-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Welcome Applekat!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hey applecat - welcome along I remember those tiresome days - it is such a viscous cycle, once you get a few days under your belt you'll feel so much better - I'm on day 18 and feel great so far . There's lots of support and advice here too and these lady's are truly amazing

My kiddos are 1 and nearly 4 - I've just packed in my job so spend all day long with them - in all honesty it's easier to work haha

Xx
Old 04-02-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Sarah - I always wondered that... is it easier to work or be a SAHM....

welcome applecat!

welcome green turtle too - I think I forgot to welcome you!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi girls...

1 more hour left of my work day, and looking forward to going home to a solitary dinner of filet mignon, and roasted potatoes. Daughter having dinner out with Grammy and hubby heading to work. Times like this used to be when I would relish being able to drink without prying eyes, and would get as much in as possible in that short time.

Tonight I look forward to just a good meal in a quiet house.

Welcome Applekat! I have been sober 11 months and although at the beginning I couldn't imagine a life without alcohol...now I see how amazing it can be! I assure you, if you hang in there....it does get easier:-)
Old 04-02-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hey Bebetter - SAHM's should be paid for sure wow my 2 run circles round me all day long at the mo - they're ageing me !!

Well I've just got in from another exercise class - going to chill in the bath and sleep like a log.

I hear you Dolly - a night with the hubby away I would be drinking 2 bottles of wine maybe some ciders and eating bad takeout food then hiding anything that gave anything away. I used to leave 2-3 empty cans of cider in the bin so it looked 'realistic' if you know what I mean then hiding the bottles of wine in cereal boxes / under rubbish already outside. So glad those days are behind me - that desperateness just isn't there right now

Have a fab night wherever you are. xxxxx
Old 04-02-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Deleted myself from this thread by mistake - am back now
Old 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Dolly, 11 months. That's amazing. Yeah I just want to mentally and physically feel better. Even just OK. The thing is, wine doesn't really feel good after the first two glasses. My husband doesn't understand why I can't just save an open bottle for the next weekend. Ha.

Being a SAHM is tough. But I'm thankful to have the opportunity. I started staying at home after my second was born. I've tacked on the weight though. It's not even really baby weight even though I call it that. It's the SAHM diet of Cabernet and chicken nuggets. Gag.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,

So I have some surprising, yet very good news. I tested positive on a home pregnancy test today. My husband and I are cautiously excited. I say that because of what we went through on our last pregnancy. For those of you who haven't heard my story, back in 2012 we were 12 weeks pregnant and found out our baby had a fatal chromosome disorder, Trisomy 18. We lost her the following week. We were devastated, but wanted to try one more time so we started trying as soon as the Dr gave us the green light (Dec 2012). I tried ovulation tests, etc, but it just wasn't happening so, after over a year of trying, we gave up a couple of months ago. I am 42 and my husband will be 40 in a couple of weeks so we are very nervous about another genetic problem. I am trying not to be negative, but it is hard. It is still very early (only a day late for pd) so anything can happen, but I did want to share my news with you all. Excited, but scared tonight.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Welcome Applekat! You have come to the right place. This is an amazing group of Moms/Mums
Old 04-02-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Yeah to ladybug!!!! Woo hoo!! How exciting for y'all!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Congratulations Lady! That's great news! I'm very excited for you!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Congrats ladybug!!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Wow! What great news Lady!!!!! So happy for you! Think positive thoughts, and try not to worry too much (although I know full well how hard that is!)

I'm sure all will be just fine thus time!

Just unwinding with tea here now, but no chocolate tonight...used all my WW points on my steak and potato dinner, but it was worth it:-)
Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Lady - That is incredible news!! I'm sure you know the chances of having another baby with one of the trisomies is very low, but I certainly know the fear of going through another pregnancy after a loss. I really, really, really hope this baby sticks for you and that you have a healthy and as stress-free-as-possible pregnancy. I am so excited for you!!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Ladybug-I'm so happy for you!!! What a blessing. I'm so glad you shared it. God Bless.

Welcome all the newcomers!! It's great to have fresh faces:-)

Day 53
Old 04-02-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Oh Lady- that is lovely news - I hope everything works out for you guys - I have everything crossed for you . Thanks for letting us know and keep us posted on everything.

Eeeeeek!!! xxxxxxxxx
Old 04-03-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Lady!!!!! Soooo happy for you!! Thoughts and prayers with you! Xx
Old 04-03-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Thank you so much ladies. We aren't even telling family this time around until we get through all the testing. I wanted to share with you all because you have become like sisters/bbf's to me and I know you will be there for me regardless of what happens. Fortunately, when I am pregnant, my AV disappears so I am looking forward to that peace and quiet. However, last time around, after we lost the baby, I dove off the wagon the day of losing her. This was at the end of Sept 2012 and I didn't get sober again until I found SR in April of 2013. It was a tough time and I know drinking just made it worse.

Anyway, thanks again, for all the well wishes and positive thoughts. I go this morning for bloodwork to test my levels so I guess it's not really official until the Dr says so? Hardly slept at all last night. We've been trying and wishing for this for so long and now that it has actually happened I am all of over the place with emotion.

Hope everyone has a great day!!