Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 9

Old 03-27-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Dolly- I love your photo! Good for you:-) That's an amazing amount of weight and will power. You look beautiful.

Lulu- We are going to check with his business insurance and see if they can pay but I'm afraid it could affect our getting a new car in April. Having it happen was a wake up call for him.

I'm finding it easier and easier not to drink. There are days when it doesn't cross my mind. I didn't even think of it when I went to the store today!

I'm so exhausted from work training. With spring break coming I have tons of Petsitting. I don't know how I'm going to do it. At least I won't be wasted!!!!

Have a great night everyone! I'm outside with the oak trees and my dog and two cats. It rained today and smells so fresh. Wait I just thought of having a beer. Wow that's bizarre. It just shows you have to be careful.

Day 47
Old 03-27-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=JustSarah;4554131]Well done Mrs S - good for you! How did you cope on the school trip? Did you have a good time without booze?

JustSarah - I never honestly thought about wine much at all the whole time away. We were on the move from 5:30am to 10 at night every day so it was busy, busy, busy. Some of the other parents were joking about wishing they had a drink or wine or something, but it was not possible nor allowed so it was just a joke to them. I was glad there wasn't that option. Had a great time with the kids and slept hard at night. It sure did make it easier to get to day 10!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Be better- Getting stuck in the elevator! That's a nightmare! So sorry. My daughter and I take the stairs as much as possible. Unfortunately I transferred my fear to her. Thank goodness it wasn't very long I'm sorry your having a bad day! I'm glad to know someone does responds when that happens.

Lulu- I'm sorry you are worried about your child. There is no worse worry than that of a child's health. My daughter had open heart surgery at 21 months. We found out about her heart while I was pregnant. We were also told she was to have Down syndrome but that didn't happen.

If you are worried about your kid being small, my son was too. My husband is 6 feet so it was weird. He has low growth hormone. Now he takes a shot every night, poor thing. But he's of normal height and is projected to be 6 feet.

My moms response was "your kids sure have interesting illnesses." And I didn't drink during pregnancy! I was healthy as pie! So Lulu you can worry yourself to death so contact a good doctor. A moms intuition is the best indication something is going on. Our pediatrician kept telling me oh he's just a boy and will grow later. But my gut said this isn't right.

Now both my kids are beautiful and healthy but I have been through it and you can too, even if something is wrong. Information is power! Google away!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello to all the ladies!! Just say down and read everything and realized its been a by since I checked in.. So much going on here!

Babs... Thanks for that scary story u relayed regarding the old high school classmate .... I know it sounds horrible but stories like that truly help keep me sober!!! There for the grace of God go I

Lulu ... How often did u drink when u where pregnant? I'm sure if something was wrong your dr would have caught it. I drank a few times with all my kids... My last one I was three months along and hit carried away at a going away party for a friend and to be brutally honest I got rather loaded... Not too proud of that ... My ten yr old son is perfectly fine however

Dolly... Holy CRAP on the weight loss!! U look amazing and if that's not motivation enough to keep u sober than I don't know what is!! U look so much younger and healthier and lovely!! Way to go girl!!!

Sarah... Oh yes... U r singing my tune!! Hair tan and good music!!! I'm a country girl so I love Carrie underwood! I make my kids howl when I do my "very special" car rendition of Blown Away on the way to school!! I sing it very loud and very off key... Lmao... I bet your hubby is gonna be thrilled to see you!!!

Tonight I am one week shy of two months sober and feel wonderful. It is our wedding anniversary tomorrow and hubby has booked us a deluxe suite in a swanky hotel in the city and we are going to have a grown up night involving dinner, non alcoholic beverages and a late night jazz club in the French Quarter!!! I am very excited to have my hubby all to myself and NO KIDS FOR TWO DAYS!!! I get to be his girlfriend for the weekend and we have made rules that we r not going to spend our time alone chatting about the children or any stressful issues but instead focus on future plans and positive things. I have tanned and picked out a killer dress for dinner that's short with some nice heels so hubby will be quite happy!! He is a leg man.. Lmao
Such a nice Friday night sober and happy and enjoying a quiet evening with the kids!!! Hope everyone is well!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi there...

Just in bed now...had tea, now to unwind.

Sissy...your anniversary night sounds great! Me and my hubby are planning ours as well. We are not until May, but dinner reservations made at a trendy chop house in the city. Think we also might book a couples massage to for earlier that same day:-)

How many years married for you two? We will be at 15 this year...hard to believe.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,
Thank you for all your support regarding my baby's health concerns. I feel better today. I just can't help but worry sometimes. I did some research last night that said that vitamins can help prevent some of the damage that alcohol does, and I took my prenatal vitamins every single day while I was pregnant so that helps me feel a little better.
On another note, he spiked a fever of 102.6 today which was surprising. He just got better from being sick about a week ago, but has still had a lingering cough, which the ER doctor told me he'd have for a couple of weeks. No other symptoms. No loss of appetite, no lethargy, no dehydration. I'm just concerned because that indicates that there is an infection somewhere. I'll keep watching him. I don't want to take him back to the ER, but if this continues on I want him to be seen by a doctor and maybe some blood tests.
Other than that I'm excited for the weekend. It's my hubby's birthday so we'll do something nice.
Bebetter your day yesterday sounded awful and I hope today was better.
Sissy have fun on your date night! Sounds like fun!
Hope everyone is doing well. Take care!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey mums - well the day has arrived and I'm sat at heathrow airport waiting for my hubby - 7 years ago today we met so we are going out for a nice meal tonight to celebrate that and the fact he's home - yaaay!!

Sissy your weekend sounds amazing - I hope you have a wonderful time with your hubby and I too have a v special rendition of blown away - it sounds a bit like my beagle howling but I love it all the same.

Anyways best concentrate on who's coming out the gates - am feeling emotional but in a good way

Have a fab day everyone xxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-29-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning Mommas!

It's going to be a miserable day here - windy and rainy. Not much planned except for a birthday party at one of my daughter's preschool friends this afternoon. Hubby worked last night and will be working all day today, but I have had no desire to drink. Feels so good to be free from my AV's clutches, even if it is only temporary. I have been enjoying keeping a journal and keep reminding myself how much better everything is without alcohol. Hoping this peaceful, content feeling lasts for awhile.

Sarah, enjoy your day/evening with hubby. Time apart really makes you appreciate each other

Lulu, hope your son feels better soon! I hate when my little one is sick with a fever

Hi Babs, BeBetter, Lucy, newstar, sissy, KC, Dolly, MrsS and anyone else I forgot. Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday. Stay strong and enjoy your sobriety
Old 03-29-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi girls! I need to go back and read all your posts, just thought I would check in and say hi! Going well here, day 87. Can hardly believe it's been nearly 3 months since I had a drink. Feeling pretty good about it and haven't had any cravings lately.

My baby turns 2 tomorrow (sob) so we are having a party for her today. Last year at her party I was busy sneaking in drinks while nobody was looking.,.this year no alcohol, feels good.

Hope everyone is well. Off to have a read of all your posts
Old 03-29-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Awww Sarah! So happy for you. Have a wonderful time with hubby!!

Sissy you have a lovely time too. Sounds awesome, you guys are so cute together!

Lulu did you drink heaps when preg or just a bit? I'd go to the paed to check but sounds like he's developing normally, it's ok if he's not sitting at7 months how's he feeling now?

Ladybug you're right, life is much more peaceful isn't it? Much easier in some ways.

Dolly you look amazing congrats! Keep it up!

Bebetter what an awful day you poor thing!! I would completely freak out getting stuck in a lift, omg!! Sorry you've hard a hard time too big hugs xx

Mrs S congrats on day 10 although it'd b day 12 now wouldn't it? Nearly 2 weeks that's fantastic!

Babs that's scary about your friend a very good reminder to stay sober!! Yay for your pay rise congrats!

Hi Lucy and everyone else I've missed! Xx
Old 03-29-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey new star, congrats on nearing 90 days! I forget, is this your first attempt at sobriety? You are doing so well

Quiet here today, hope everyone is having a nice Saturday. Cold and pouring down rain here. Feeling exhausted tonight. Probably combination of weather and PMS .... ugh.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yes ladybug it's my first attempt at sobriety. I didn't drink while pregnant, twice but I went straight back to it after they were born. Thanks for the congrats! hope you're not too tired. Nice to snuggle in bed though..sober!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi moms...

Hope all is going well.

New Star...glad to see you, and congrats on 90 days!! So awesome!!!

Lady...glad your AV is leaving you alone, and great idea keeping that journal going.

Had a pretty good day. Went to the bookstore with my daughter, then off to the gym for swimming/mommy workout. Then I took myself shopping for a few hours and it was great! Got some nice new clothes I badly needed!

Then, me and my little girl went out for pizza for dinner. Her choice:-). I did recall that back when I was drinking, I wouldn't have taken her to this pizza place because...hey, no wine there. I would have steered her toward a restaurant that I would be able to have wine with dinner.

Ah well...I wonder how long those memories will keep popping up.

Traded my tea in tonight for a cup of coffee....hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the rear in a few hours:-)

Anyway...have a great night ladies!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Ladies,

Well it's 11 months for me today. Hardly seems possible in one sense, and yet it seems as if it's been years since I drank in another sense!

Making a sauce for lasagna today...on a cold rainy day, it sounds like a perfect comfort food dinner:-)

I will be bringing it to my sisters house later and we will all have dinner together....looking forward to it:-)
Old 03-30-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 months, Dolly!! You've come so far. I would be coming up on 1 year (Apr 1st) had I not slipped up all those times. You should feel proud! I am sure your husband and daughter love the new you as well
Old 03-30-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Happy 'Lazy' Sunday Mamas!

Today is two months for me today.... 60 days. I have never done this before. I'm feeling good, a little cagey but good. I think maybe I need to get out for a run solo today. Dolly, your 11 months is so inspiring! Congratulations to you!!

New STar - your first try?! You are doing amazing! Anything that you've found to be working well for you? All tips are welcome.

Husband seems to have come down with the flu and is in bed. He's been traveling so much that its not surprising that its caught up with him. I'm planning to run some errands today, have a business trip to Salt Lake City and need to get all the provisions for the house while I'm away. While its only overnight I have to stay mindful of the AV, 'just one. no one will know.' This is a big opportunity to be going on this trip (my boss is sending me in his stead) and I know that he'll be curious to hear from the client how I do. Its crucial to knock this out of the park. With the pressure being on I know that little voice will say 'take the edge off...' Victories over these situations are what make us stronger. Right?

I hope you all have a delicious Sunday.

XOX from Austin.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I had a great day on Friday with the girls, but then Saturday was tough. I feel like an emotional mess. Today is better. I'm at 9 months today! Like Dolly said, it seems hard to believe on both sides - that I've actually accomplished 9 months and also that it seems like the drinking me was forever ago. I guess Spring is my last season to conquer for the year, but I know from the past that the 1 year mark is a big trigger for me. The first time I got sober, I hit a year and then thought "I'm cured!" And I started drinking lightly - in November. That next January, I remember a night of rampant red wine drinking that ended in my husband saying to me "Today you remind me of the bitch I wanted to divorce a year ago." And it was true... (mean, but honestly, if you were there, you would have said I deserved it too). I think it's important to remember that time this time around as a strong reminder that I am never cured.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 months, BeBetter!! Very proud of you Great point you made about always being on guard and mindful of the fact that we are never cured. Very true.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi all..

Congrats on 9 months Bebetter! I forgot you were a 30th of the month gal as well:-). I agree we have to always remember that we are never cured! Just keep on keeping on I guess:-)

I had a pretty nice day. My whole family threw a little surprise party for me today to celebrate me losing 100 pounds! It was so nice and meant the world to me. They got me flowers and my stepdad gave me a card with $250 to go shopping!...yay....can't wait:-)

Just capped the night off with a game of Monopoly with my daughter, which was fun....it was her first time playing it, so she had that excited gleam in her eyes every time she bought a property...so cute:-)

No going to get me tea ready and plan on hitting the sheets soon to listen to the rain...ahhhh, love it!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Lady bug, Bebetter, Dolly and Newstar congrats on your longevity! Wow! I'm so impressed. We all look up to you and take so much from all the things you've gone through. Thank you for paving the way for us newbies!

Saturday night our family went out to the local pub for dinner. All sober including my hubby! Can you believe it????? He's still smoking pot but hasn't drank anything for about a week. The first few nights he threw up bad but has recovered. He looks so much better! I hope he can sustain it. I didn't miss having a beer for even a second. I was able to come home and finish some work.

My new job sucks. I'm not sure I like it. Too many computer tech issues. That drives me nuts. My family misses me even tho I'm working from home. I will give it some time but so far I'm exhausted and not getting paid enough for what it is.

Happy Sunday evening lovelies!

Day 50