Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 26

Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I'm so angry and frustrated I feel close to breaking my sobriety.
Now Now Renarde, I understand that you are frustrated, angry and ill but you know well that breaking your sobriety will not make you feel any better faster but only add to your frustrations. You just have to have patience in the process and ride this out and do what is necessary for you and your child to get better. Just ride out the process and keep posting here when things get a little crazy...we will help you through.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

(((Renarde)))

I'm so sorry you are having a difficult time! Being sick sucks! It has been a rough winter for you, but you have handled it like a champ because you have been sober!

Alcohol won't make you feel better any more than closing your eyes will make you invisible.

Can hubby or neighbors, etc. help in any way to take some of the stress off of you?

You're doing SO well, Renarde and I'm praying for your swift recovery! Get some rest and feel better!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Renarde, if anyone has this sobriety thing going on, it is YOU, girl! Think of how sick you are and how awful it would be to drink on top of that! When i am sick, I actually have an easier time not drinking, but watch out once I get over it. Then the AV screams for a prize for getting to the finish line.

I believe you must be very frustrated. You have been through the ringer with you and your baby being so sick for a few months, more or less! But you will feel so disappointed if you break the great streak you have going.

I wish I could be as tough and convicted as you are! You can do this! Instead fo drinking, care for yourself. Drink tea, go to bed, make hubby stay home and care for the baby, etc... Make more time to nurture yourself so you are not so flat-out busy all the time.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Thanks for talking me down guys.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Phew Renarde glad you are over it take it from someone who has slipped always regretted it after
Old 02-07-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I'm just so sick. I just had to cancel kiddo's appointment because I am too sick and I had to take a zofran and an ativan for nausea. I can't drive on ativan. I feel so alone. I have no neighbors, no friends who can really help. Everyone is absorbed in their own lives. My parents are on the east coast and can't come out. My guts ache so badly from the vomiting and I barely have the energy to cough. I am just hoping these meds take effect. All because I ate a bowl of oatmeal. My body is all messed up from this and I have gained like 7 lbs of edema in my face and abdomen. Husband doesn't do sickness well which is great for him because he never gets anything. He can't leave work and I am basically all on my own.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

(((Renarde))) you are not alone you have us xxx

Not sure about medication I got a chart for my dad's the only ones I took where headache ones for hangovers I did take over the counter sleeping aid once for long haul flight and it knocked me out more or less for 24 hours so no if you taken one of them driving is definitely a no.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I wish I could do that. I actually thought about checking into a hotel so I could just take care of myself and let husband fend for himself with the kiddo. But I can't do that.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Also sorry had to cut last message short dad is in grumpy mode tonight had to find film and give him Icecream

If you need to get to hospital can you call emergency
Old 02-07-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Oh yes, definitely. I'm not close to that point at all. That's where I had to go on Tuesday. Thank goodness I am not that sick right now.xoxo
Old 02-07-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

(((Renarde)))
I wish I could come out to you and take kiddo and let you be alone. I would do it in a heartbeat! I guess my only advice is to let kiddo do whatever it takes to stay happy and make life easier for you. If that means the same DVD on loop all day then so be it. You are in the trenches and you just have to get through. I can't remember how old kiddo is but when mine were old enough and I was sick I would stick them in the bathtub and keep adding warm water and I would just sit next to the tub. If I was lucky that would eat up a lot of time.

Also, I want to encourage you to think hard about who might be able to help you. Any teens you know or in the neighborhood who might be able to play with kiddo while you nap? Grandma-types? Moms with older kids who wouldn't mind having a cute baby around for a few hours? I would fall into that category. I would love to have a little one around for a while. Anyway, my point is don't assume no one can help you. Go ahead and ask. You might be surprised!

Love to you, sweetie. Oh, and don't drink. It will just make you feel worse in every way.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Dad didn't like film James bond lol trying to find another at the moment have bones on for him he will not like it lol no cowboys
Old 02-07-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Should have quiet night found latest of ice road truckers
Old 02-07-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I really appreciate the support because I feel pretty alone. I feel better after taking all of my meds, including the painkiller which helps with the abdominal pain and also the cough. I took a nap when the baby did. Like Grace said, I just have to slog through the trenches. Husband is going to the store to get everything i need and then I'm handing her over for the weekend to him.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
Should have quiet night found latest of ice road truckers
Tallia, I am cracking up!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your husband is back Renarde - rest up over the weekend

D
Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Tallia, I am cracking up!
One of his favourites
Old 02-07-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Getting worried about onestep now weather is horrible down south north Wales has have it better better not much
Old 02-07-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

(((Tallia))) you are such a good friend.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
I have SO MUCH more to say on the matter but have probably already offended some people. (Sorry)
With you 100% Br00ksie. The safety net was designed to protect the middle class and when the top 5% own 72% of the wealth in our country, you have a right to be angry. Sadly, there are 250 millionaires in Congress and 57 in the top 1% but they don't seem to be working for us. Keep working on the job front and hang in there girl.