# 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks Dee!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great dinner and ok theater show. Wife and daughter liked the Lion King, me not so much. Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rough night for me. Feeling a little sorry for myself. Stupidly texted my ex and didn't get the response I wanted (of course) so now I'm feeling not only very single on valentines but also rejected. I'm driving my teenage daughter to the movies (1/2 hour away) and picking them up. I'm happy to do this for her but also feeling a bit bummed that I will be doing all this driving and the other parents do nothing. I will not drink but I desperately want to.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Rough night for me. Feeling a little sorry for myself. Stupidly texted my ex and didn't get the response I wanted (of course) so now I'm feeling not only very single on valentines but also rejected. I'm driving my teenage daughter to the movies (1/2 hour away) and picking them up. I'm happy to do this for her but also feeling a bit bummed that I will be doing all this driving and the other parents do nothing. I will not drink but I desperately want to.
You're not the only one! I'm also alone. Take it as a time for you to do something for YOU since there'll be no kids at the house.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really dislike Valentines Day for the way it brings people who are not in relationships down.

Try and focus on the good things in our life FABL - today is just another Friday really.

Keep working on yourself in recovery and all the other parts of your life really do tend to fall into place

D
Old 02-14-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there FABL, you are doing great. Valentines Day is overrated anyway Alex and Dee are right, take time to focus on YOU and everything else will fall into place as it's supposed to.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This time last year I started my journey 15 th of feb what a year hope I can do this one day at a time min sec ect x
Old 02-14-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys. You are absolutely right. I dropped my daughter and her friends off and just cried all the way home. I think I needed a good cry. My younger daughter is home with me, so I don't have the house to myself, but actually that is better because the house to myself can be dangerous as far as drinking is concerned. HUGE trigger for me.

I have always been the first to say that I'm not a big fan of this day, even when I was in a relationship, so it's silly that I'm letting it get to me this year.

Just trying to accept that some days aren't great, things will stress me out, and sometimes I will feel lonely and even sorry for myself, but drinking is not the answer.

You did it once liss74, you can do it again. Just post whenever you need to. The support here is just what I need, time after time.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just relapsed after 26 months sober, I hope this is the last class I join!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Darren - I'm sure the Febbies willl make you welcome and have a question or two
Old 02-14-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Darren. Looking forward to a sober February with you
Old 02-14-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sober and recovering from an unpleasant cold this Valentines Day. Although I have no cravings to drink, I seem to be eating enough for three people. I hope to find a way to quit drinking without gaining too much weight, as that will just make me depressed and wanting to drink I think that after my cold passes I will begin an exercise program.

Happy Valentine's Day to my sober friends.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone,

I wouldn't waste many brain cells trying to think about Hallmark made up and commercialized holidays. There's 3-4 major holidays and a gazillion made up
for people to spend money to help the economy. In the theaters here in London, they have bars all over the place. Wow could I smell the alcohol. I've only been
sober for 13 days today, but wow was is potent! I've never had a DUI, but
after last night, I'd say it's pretty obvious to an officer when one's been drinking.
It didn't smell good at all. Assume it's similar to cigarette smoke, when one quits.

Anywho, it's windy as heck here in London. Western part of the city/area
is flooding due to all the rain recently.

Everyone enjoying watching the Olympics? My family actually went on a two wk cruise
Last year and we stopped and saw the birthplace of the Olympics, pretty amazing just too
darn hot in the summer time.

Have a good day!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briggsy75 View Post
Morning Everyone,

I wouldn't waste many brain cells trying to think about Hallmark made up and commercialized holidays. There's 3-4 major holidays and a gazillion made up
for people to spend money to help the economy. In the theaters here in London, they have bars all over the place. Wow could I smell the alcohol. I've only been
sober for 13 days today, but wow was is potent! I've never had a DUI, but
after last night, I'd say it's pretty obvious to an officer when one's been drinking.
It didn't smell good at all. Assume it's similar to cigarette smoke, when one quits.
Briggsy, I know what you mean! I walked into the hospital for work yesterday and I was behind a group of people walking back in and they stopped to meet some more people coming out. I could smell alcohol wafting off of at least one of them. I was the same when I quit smoking. You really do become sensitive to it. Glad your family liked the show, at least. I'm taking my little one to see "Beauty and the Beast" locally soon. I took my oldest one many years ago and it was awesome. I can't wait to see her reaction!

Delphine, I've been gorging myself, as well. I actually think I'm sick of chocolate! Yet, I'm still losing weight. I think it's the water weight/bloat from abstaining. I'm sure it will catch up to me soon. Trying to start exercising more, as well.

Forabetterlife, I hope the rest of your weekend goes better. Find a way to treat yourself! I'm going to try to stay busy tonight because Saturday night is the worst trigger night for me.

My best to all!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi all!! 11 days in and I will have the house to myself tonight. I am happy to say I had a "thought" of drinking . . .I didnt start obsessing which is awesome. I mainly just thought it through to tomorrow morning. Not fun. Also I am enjoying real sleep not passed out "sleep"!! Thinking of all of you this weekend. Stay strong my February friends!!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I made it through last night socializing with friends without drinking. I felt tempted, so I took everyone's advice and...
- took a break from the socializing at one point to refocus. I remembered the negative things that have resulted from drinking - the DUI, the ER trip, passing out, blackouts. Then I ate chocolate.
- brought my own seltzer
- ate a ton of conversation hearts

Last night was a difficult one to remain sober. Yet, I had fun being sober last night and I feel great remembering everything clearly this morning!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Awesome job, Gleefan! I have a social event tomorrow night (it's for charity) that I've been looking forward to for a while, but I just read they'll have beer and wine there. I'm usually not as tempted when I'm out because I drink at home mostly. I'll be the driver, so I can't drink, which helps.

Hi, newme2day, my sleep is getting better, too. The waking up is definitely better! I saw your other post about Netflix. If you haven't watched "Orange is the New Black" yet, it's awesome for binge watching.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning Febbies (I like it, Dee)

Day 7 and feeling strong. Have a date night with hubby tonight and feeling ok about not being able to drink. I think the hardest part for me about going out to dinner is looking around to see what others are drinking and feeling like I am the only person not drinking an alcoholic beverage. It never bothered me when I was pregnant and couldn't drink, but I think now it is the whole "forever" thing. The fact that I know I am an alcoholic and can never enjoy a drink again. Oh well, I plan on enjoying the good food (something I never did while drinking) and maybe getting a big fat dessert

Hope everyone has a nice, sober Saturday .... and hangover free Sunday morning (the best!!)