Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 26

Old 02-07-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

So the reason why I'm in so much abdominal pain is because I have viral-induced hepatitis from this gastroenteritis. My doctor was on call and I just talked to him. I'm supposed to stay in bed, take my meds, and come in to see him on Monday. I just cried...how much more can one person take. My husband is really sick of this all and tired of being supportive, frankly, and he isn't the most TLC person anyway. Thank god I'm not drinking is all I have to say if I'm having liver problems.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had a bad year last year of illness upon illness Renarde.
It's very draining...but it will come to an end

D
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

TG is right, Renarde. Yikes. My husband is not a TLC type either, but he can handle the kids on his own very well, and I let him when I am sick! But sometimes it would be nice to have someone nurturing when I don't feel well or am sad, etc... I am sorry you do not have that. BUT, take full advantage of his ability to parent! Rest, rest, rest.

Also, I am sure you know this, but if you get any jaundice, you should get prompt medical attention.

You really need to catch a break from all of this. Hugs to you!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I had a bad year last year of illness upon illness Renarde.
It's very draining...but it will come to an end

D
Thank you Dee. I need that right now. I feel like I can't stop crying and I never cry. How much can I take? I'm so sick of it all.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll start to feel better soon Renarde

D
Old 02-07-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thanks Rochele. It is really hard to not have anyone nuturing like that in my life. I'm glad you understand but sorry you don't either. My parents are so nuturing. I miss my mom.

I just want to give a special shoutout to Tallia because she has been so supportive all day posting in here and sending me messages. It's made a big difference in a crappy day.

I am soon going to take my pain meds and get some rest. Sorry I have only posted about myself today...I just have been in a bad physical state and couldn't think about anything else.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you'll start to feel better soon Renarde

D
Thank you! Just the support from a small post from any of you really touches me. I just feel so helpless and alone and overwhelmed right now.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this Renarde - my heart goes out to you. I wish you a strong and speedy recovery, and soon!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good morning Renarde. Up at 5am with cramps, sigh. Not looking for sympathy, but was checking in to see how you might be, and wanting to see if you feel any better today. Thinking of you.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you soon feel better too Rochele

D
Old 02-08-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, you all move fast! I've read up through page 4 ... but I have to get moving for the day now.

I LOVELOVELOVE hearing about you all! It always amazes me how people who are so different can be so similar at the same time. And, hearing your lives reminds me of how small my little world is. We are all the centers of our own universe. Sometimes when I'm driving down the street I point to the passing cars and tell my husband, "See that person? They don't even know we exist. They have a completely unique life and we aren't even a flicker on their radar. They have friends and families and problems and victories. And we may never even encounter them again."

I'm on my way to a 2-day volleyball tournament for my middle daughter. I remember going to one about a year ago, which was right about when she was noticing that I had a problem. We picked up dinner after a particularly late day of games, and were heading back to the hotel when I mentioned that I was going to stop at "a store" and "pick something up". She knew. She also knew it was a problem for me. She got angry - that was the only time I saw her show that she was in any way affected, actually. I ended up skipping it, but then I was angry the rest of the night.

It's really freeing to know that I don't have to do that this time. I don't have to disappoint her or do anything to dampen her spirits this weekend. I don't have to be selfish. I don't have to watch the strip malls as we drive around so that I know where the closest liquor store is. I don't have to remember to pack an opaque glass with a lid. I am 100% present to simply be her mom at this thing.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi PBC! Good to hear from you. That is wonderful, to be free like that. I hope you all have a great time and your dd's team has great success! You must also be somewhere in the Eastern US time zone? I live in the Northeast.

I had a really nice night last night, taking my son to the new Lego Movie. It is nice to not be haunted by thoughts of wishing for a drink or anxious to get home for a few glasses of wine. We hung out after and relaxed and talked a bit about the movie and I snuggled with him, without wine breath. Very nice. And so glad for each sober morning, without a hangover. It is a breeze when sober compared to having a bad day with a hangover to boot!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

~~~Food for Thought ~ The Sober Saturday Edition~~~
~~~Only Place 2 Change Your Past Is With Your Present~~~

~Note~ This principle has helped me so much during the past couple of months and I've gone back to it many times to keep me focused on my goals especially in times of slips or regressions so I repost it to share it with you all again, I apologize for the fonts but those point to me are very important so sorry for the visual problems. What's important is that you get the message and implement it....I hope you find the value in it that I have~

~THE LESSON~

Everyone has regrets. We've all said or done things we're not proud of, or that failed to get us the results we want. But torturing yourself by rehashing those moments isn't going to put the past to rest any more than ignoring them would. {Everyone has regrets. We've all said or done things we're not proud of, or that failed to get us the results we want. But torturing yourself by rehashing those moments isn't going to put the past to rest any more than ignoring them would. "Too bad, you failed the test, or had a slip, or took a drink." It's merely a clue to where you need to do some self-reflection.

The lesson says, "Mine your experience for what it can teach you about your habitual responses to the world." You need to find out what's keeping you from expressing fully who you are.

There's a common misperception that karma locks us into what was true in the past. Fortunately, that's not the case. Character and personality are malleable. We can and do change. In fact, our inner experience of the world changes constantly. That's why it matters so much what thoughts we entertain.

~Very Important Note~
If we cling to our old ways of thinking, we'll simply respond as we always have and the same things will keep happening to us. The first step toward awakening is admitting you want something different and taking the necessary actions to make something different occur.

The only place you can change the past is in the present. By not focusing on the "story" of your life--the events themselves--but rather on how you interpret and shape those events, you will start to see patterns emerging. Insight into the assumptions that have been running your life will tell you why things turn out in certain ways. The patterns and habits you've developed are opportunities to change and grow.

Unlike age or eye color or family of origin, they're aspects of yourself you have the power to change, which could, in turn, change your life. Karma arises out of our choices. When we choose not to respond as in the past, we create the possibility of a different future. #IMCHANGINGMYPRESENT
Old 02-08-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

PBC and Rochele, I love hearing those stories!

I had some nice moments yesterday that made me glad I am not drinking now too. First, the kids and I were looking through photo albums and we saw one of us in Epcot. Looking at one particular picture I remembered my son, who was 10 at the time, saying, "why do you always have to have a beer?" while we were walking through the countries one evening. I spent the rest of the evening feeling like a scolded child.

And we watched the Olympics opening ceremonies last night and had a great time. I thought about how glad I was not to have wine breath when one of my kids snuggled up with me. Had I been drinking I wouldn't remember the vast majority of it this morning, and like Rochele said, it is so nice not to be hungover!

PBC have wonderful day with your daughter!

Rochele, I am so not interested in that Lego movie. Was it any good?

Renarde, let us hear from you when you are awake. I am praying for you.

Hope everyone else is doing great. I love this class. So thankful for each one of you!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Grace, glad you all enjoyed the Opening ceremonies together. My husband always has to go find a beer or two in Epcot, or if it is offerred anywhere on vacation, he wants to have some in the daytime.

You bringing up Epcot reminds me of our last trip to Disney, FLA. It was the April 5 months before I was diagnosed with diabetes. I see pictures of that trip and I was my heaviest ever, and very bloated. I recall my feet hurting, feeling too hot, and actually moderating my drinking because I *knew* I was not well. I am sure I was diabetic then, looking back, and had both NASH and alcoholic hepatitis. So sad all of that is wrapped up in memories of a family vacation.

I am so grateful to be so much healthier, even with my relapses over the past 3 years. Thanks for making me remember that. It helps me to not drink. I need to remember the fear I had when I found out how sick I was back then. Ugh.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Oh, I originally was addressing you Grace, to talk about the Lego movie, but had an on topic flash. LOL.

I enjoyed the Lego Movie. It was a kids movie, but I enjoyed the characters, and the animation, and the eventual clever plot twist and theme. My sone had been counting down the days for months! Originally I was to go to a pro basketball game with husband. I did not feel like going, and leaving the kids all that time, and dealing with not having beer, and all the bad food there. So, I let my daughter go with him, and felt like I should do something special with our son, since she got to go to the game. He was delighted.

You could wait and see it at home, unless the kids are really eager. Some things were cool on the big screen.

I do not think I liked it as much as Finding Nemo or Lion King. Might have enjoyed it more than Frozen. Kid movies do not typically thrill me.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

~~~Food for Thought ~ The Sober Saturday Edition~~~
~~~Only Place 2 Change Your Past Is With Your Present~~~

~The RePost ~Cleaned Up Version~

~Note~ This principle has helped me so much during the past couple of months and I've gone back to it many times to keep me focused on my goals especially in times of slips or regressions so I repost it to share it with you all again, I apologize for the fonts but those point to me are very important so sorry for the visual problems. What's important is that you get the message and implement it....I hope you find the value in it that I have~

~THE LESSON~

Everyone has regrets. We've all said or done things we're not proud of, or that failed to get us the results we want. But torturing yourself by rehashing those moments isn't going to put the past to rest any more than ignoring them would. "Too bad, you failed the test, or had a slip, or took a drink." It's merely a clue to where you need to do some self-reflection.

The lesson says, "Mine your experience for what it can teach you about your habitual responses to the world." You need to find out what's keeping you from expressing fully who you are.

There's a common misperception that karma locks us into what was true in the past. Fortunately, that's not the case. Character and personality are malleable. We can and do change. In fact, our inner experience of the world changes constantly. That's why it matters so much what thoughts we entertain.

~Very Important Note~
If we cling to our old ways of thinking, we'll simply respond as we always have and the same things will keep happening to us. The first step toward awakening is admitting you want something different and taking the necessary actions to make something different occur.

The only place you can change the past is in the present. By not focusing on the "story" of your life--the events themselves--but rather on how you interpret and shape those events, you will start to see patterns emerging. Insight into the assumptions that have been running your life will tell you why things turn out in certain ways. The patterns and habits you've developed are opportunities to change and grow.

Unlike age or eye color or family of origin, they're aspects of yourself you have the power to change, which could, in turn, change your life. Karma arises out of our choices. When we choose not to respond as in the past, we create the possibility of a different future. #IMCHANGINGMYPRESENT
Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi my friends. I always look forward to checking in with you guys in the morning.

I had a good nights sleep. Woke up this morning with more liver pain and nausea but I didn't expect hepatitis to go away overnight. I am on bedrest per my doctor all weekend and then coming in to see him on Monday. In a lot of pain and very tired.

Welcome to the thread PBC! I also enjoyed reading everyone's stories. As for me, I am married with a preschooler and currently enrolled in an academic program that is one of the top ranked in US and really demanding. I also love exercise and nutrition so I'll probably be a broken record about all of the above. I have a lot of health problems that I complain about. I drank for about 15 years and will have 6 months sober at the end of the month. I love this class! They keep me going!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Renarde look after yourself xx
Old 02-08-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I popped up friends house earlier to give her aunt a cake I made for her she's 89 years young and a total character my friend cares for her we have so much in common even down to not drinking.

Anyways leaving dad alone for an hour is always a problem he said he be good I put cowboy on for him umm not believeing that in future lol he moved cupboard from kitchen and put contents of bathroom cabinet which he took down from wall on top so my living room now resembles diy shop and total mess he's got angina amoung other things and shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting. He said its not a mess its tidy.

I am getting tempted to buy those fluffy handcuffs I found on amazon

ForumRunner_20140208_165730.jpg