Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 26

Old 02-14-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

If you woke up sober and happy this morning smile and thank yourself you deserve it.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

IMG_35727215976219.jpg
Old 02-14-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
What is the biggest positive difference in your life as a result from your sobriety ?

Everyone ?

I realize that I really am loved and I really do matter to people so I need to also take care of myself.
Ok, so I thought about it!

Like Rochelle and PBC said, the best thing about being alcohol free is being present in every moment. And that leads to so many other positives. For instance last night, my son said something really quietly that I would have missed had I been drinking. It was very funny and we had such a nice laugh about it. Stuff like that. Being there.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

What is the biggest positive difference in your life as a result from your sobriety ?

Everyone ?

I realize that I really am loved and I really do matter to people so I need to also take care of myself.
Your posts are so wonderful Fish - really uplifted to see you doing so well!

Hmmm....positive difference is that I'm me again. For all my good and bad, my very being is here and real. I recently decided that I have missed me. But she's back and I am living who I really am. Every day I am trying to be a little bit better, instead of holding my breath until I can disconnect.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hey loves! Got an A on my exam! Gotta fight to maintain the 4.0! I am feeling much better physically which is a relief. Now I'm going to sleep until I wake up! Can't wait to catch up with everyone. Xoxo
Old 02-14-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I am here. Late today. Kids had delayed starts for school, and had to drive something to my daughter, that she forgot and then go to a party at son's school.

Best benefit of sobriety for me, Fish, is general improved health and feeling more present and responsive to my children. And I see that it makes for more postive energy in the house when mom isn't dragging all the time.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

This place is really laid back on Fridays.. I get to see my sons on Sunday I'm excited.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Morning all, I am down by the river cheering my daighter's regatta ! Beautiful day, warm with a cool breeze. Makes one very grateful indeed !

I did a purification meditation which, though simple, actually works quite well. Also, I think you don't have to meditate to practice so I'd thought it would be good to share. The purpose of this practice is to release the negative energy from your body, eg, anger, resentment, sadness, bitterness, etc.

It's a breathing practice. When you breath in, visualise a crystal bright stream of light entering your body, the light is positive energy. Hence, imagine happiness, joy, calm, peace, gratitude, serenity entering your body with each breath. You choose which energy you wish to intake. Then when you exhale, you imagine black smoke exiting your body ( the smoke harmlessly dissipates). The black smoke is negative energy such as anger, irritation, depression, resentment, sadness, remorse, shame. Once again, you can focus on which negative energy you wish to exit from your body. Your breath should be regular and through the nose. Your concentration should be like a feather resting gently. Practice as long as you wish.

I found it to be quite uplifting.

Have a lovely day/evening ! Love and thanks to all !

😇😇😇😇😇
Old 02-14-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi everyone… checking in really quickly. Just got home from work and will be out the door again shortly to get a bite to eat with my husband. We're headed to a really good mexican place, and my AV is playing with me. No matter where we go, there will be booze and he will be drinking, so I'll just have to keep telling it to SHUT UP.

Anyway … I haven't gotten on at all today or yesterday long enough to catch up/post, so I'll check in again when I get back or sometime tomorrow morning. I figured by posting here, I'm more accountable.

THIS IS HARD, but I want to make it this time.

Leaving in about 20 minutes or so. Going to try and read back a few posts while I can. Husband's having his vodka now before we leave, so I'm having my water.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Morning all, I am down by the river cheering my daighter's regatta ! Beautiful day, warm with a cool breeze. Makes one very grateful indeed !

I did a purification meditation which, though simple, actually works quite well. Also, I think you don't have to meditate to practice so I'd thought it would be good to share. The purpose of this practice is to release the negative energy from your body, eg, anger, resentment, sadness, bitterness, etc.

It's a breathing practice. When you breath in, visualise a crystal bright stream of light entering your body, the light is positive energy. Hence, imagine happiness, joy, calm, peace, gratitude, serenity entering your body with each breath. You choose which energy you wish to intake. Then when you exhale, you imagine black smoke exiting your body ( the smoke harmlessly dissipates). The black smoke is negative energy such as anger, irritation, depression, resentment, sadness, remorse, shame. Once again, you can focus on which negative energy you wish to exit from your body. Your breath should be regular and through the nose. Your concentration should be like a feather resting gently. Practice as long as you wish.

I found it to be quite uplifting.

Have a lovely day/evening ! Love and thanks to all !

😇😇😇😇😇
Sounds like a lovely outing, Kaneda! Hope your daughter's team did well.

And thanks for the meditation idea…. Going to give that one a try tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Fishy

You are rocking the program ! Fantastic !
Old 02-14-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi all, had a good honest sober day today, my dad rang earlier and asked if ive been drinking or not and I told him I had slipped and now am back on track, he'd thrown that brandy down the drain when he noticed I wasn't 'myself' last Friday so I didn't drink it after all, but its frightening to think I couldn't remember whether I had or not, he's asked me to go to a sale with him tomorrow, so was relieved and am eating better today, spent day with AA member who's been sober a while and started step one with him which was intense but productive, went to a meeting afterwards.

My friend whos out of AA and is drinking tried ringing when I was with AA guy and I didn't answer out of respect for the guy, but feel guilty tonight for not answering!!!! Hope shes ok but I must make sure im on track and don't want to risk ringing back now as its pretty late.

Rang my dad when I got in from meeting to arrange time for tomorrow, he asked if id been drinking today and I was chuffed to say no, he said then he's pissed off about me drinking again last weekend and it hurt but I didn't react. don't respond well to being spoken to like a child but guess ive got to just take it on the chin and move on.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

This place is really laid back on Fridays.. I get to see my sons on Sunday I'm excited.
Wonderful, Fishy! It really sounds like that place is pretty cool. I'll bet your sons are proud of you. Although non of my kids thinks I have a problem, they really are happy that I'm happy being sober, and they're proud of me for wanting to be good to myself.

Love that you're keeping us in the loop.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
Hi everyone… checking in really quickly. Just got home from work and will be out the door again shortly to get a bite to eat with my husband. We're headed to a really good mexican place, and my AV is playing with me. No matter where we go, there will be booze and he will be drinking, so I'll just have to keep telling it to SHUT UP. Anyway … I haven't gotten on at all today or yesterday long enough to catch up/post, so I'll check in again when I get back or sometime tomorrow morning. I figured by posting here, I'm more accountable. THIS IS HARD, but I want to make it this time. Leaving in about 20 minutes or so. Going to try and read back a few posts while I can. Husband's having his vodka now before we leave, so I'm having my water.
You can do it Newleaf ! Be present, aware of the moment and push away the AV !
Old 02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

~~~Food for Thought ~ The Valentine's Edition~~~
~~~Happy Valentines Day 2 U All~~~

~~10 Affirmations To Help You Love Yourself and Bring More Love into Your Life:~~

1. I choose to see clearly with eyes of love. I love what I see.
2. Love happens! I release the deperate need for love, and instead, allow it to find me in the perfect time.
3. Love is around every corner, and joy fills my entire world.
4. Today, I remember that Life loves me and will reward me.
5. Life is very simple. What I give out comes back to me. Today I chose to give love.
6. I rejoice in the love I encounter every day.
7. I am surrounded by love. All is well.
8. I am comfortable looking in the mirror and saying, “I love you. I really love you.”
9. I draw love and acceptance into my life, and I accept it now.
10. Love is all there is!

~Postscript~
Although, we choose today to show our love, let's all remember that love should be expressed, cultivated and given daily. In good, bad, challenging and indifferent times approach the one you care about from a position of love. In addition, never forget the most important love of all...the love of self because we cannot give to others what we don't have of ourselves. #LoveConquersAll. #HappyValentinesDay!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Hey loves! Got an A on my exam! Gotta fight to maintain the 4.0! I am feeling much better physically which is a relief. Now I'm going to sleep until I wake up! Can't wait to catch up with everyone. Xoxo
Hip Hip Hooray!!!! Good for you, Renarde. So incredibly happy for you!

Sweet dreams tonight and fully recuperate!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you'll find drinking doesn't add anything to the night NL and not drinking tonight will make all the difference tomorrow

D
Old 02-14-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Hmmm....positive difference is that I'm me again. For all my good and bad, my very being is here and real. I recently decided that I have missed me. But she's back and I am living who I really am. Every day I am trying to be a little bit better, instead of holding my breath until I can disconnect.
Oh, Lillian… I could have written this very post. It so perfectly describes what I've been feeling the longer I'm sober, as well.

I WILL NOT let my AV ruin it.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think you'll find drinking doesn't add anything to the night NL and not drinking tonight will make all the difference tomorrow

D
Of course, I know you're right Dee! As usual haha.

I'm going to keep reminding myself of this and order something really good to EAT. Mmmmm.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good night NL

D