Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 26

Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I dont know if this matters. ...but I was able to forgive once I realized it didn't mean I had to trust that person again.... ( unless I felt in my gut I could. )

But it helped to know forgiving didn't mean I just put myself in a hurtful situation again.

It meant true remorse from them that they would change.
And true trust in myself that I wouldn't allow someone to hurt me in the same way twice.

When I figured that part out forgiving was easier.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
I dont know if this matters. ...but I was able to forgive once I realized it didn't mean I had to trust that person again.... ( unless I felt in my gut I could. )

But it helped to know forgiving didn't mean I just put myself in a hurtful situation again.

It meant true remorse from them that they would change.
And true trust in myself that I wouldn't allow someone to hurt me in the same way twice.

When I figured that part out forgiving was easier.
Right. Forgiveness does not mean we are doormats.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good luck in rehab Fish, make the most of it!
You'll learn new ways to fight the addiction.

Resentment... There are a few rare occassions when I cross paths with someone that is so rotten I just don't want to have anything to do with with them.
Unfortunately there is one such person in my workplace, every interaction is tiresome for me but I've decided that if things don't change for the better
(Could be my perception of the person) I may have to look for a different clinic to work at in the future.

I'll see how it goes, perhaps it will stop bothering me and I learn to ignore it alltogether.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Well done Kaneda 5 months yeah
Old 02-06-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good luck fishy we are all with you
pray for people you hold resentment for even if you dont mean it it eventually works. So my sponsor says. Have to say it hasnt worked for my feelings towards my ex maybe im not trying hard enough
Old 02-07-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

A VERY angry opinionated insomniac political rant!! Had to get this off my chest. >:(

**Disclaimer: If you're a republican you should not read!**
**Fishy, don't read this.**

I've been up ALL NIGHT being really pissed off at congress for filibustering the unemployment extension. Every time I get sleepy I think about congress and get angry and it keeps me up!!

Because one republican jack*ss afraid of looking like a "compromiser" to tea bag crazies refused to reach across the aisle god forbid anything productive happen on our president's watch, I am working at a gym with a masters degree and am still stuck having to stress out and rely on my parents financially until I can find another job.

This sh*t is PERSONAL. I base a lot of my opinions on the source (congressional website) not effing msnbc or fox.

I HATE congress. I hate how tied up their voting record is in special interests and lobbies as opposed to the people (see the Koch brothers, and the farm bill that was on the floor that passed the day Before yesterday) I hate how partisan our county is. I hate ignorant partisan f*cks who don't read but readily use the word "liberal" is an epithet.

I wish the hate-driven red states would just f*cking secede already. I'm sick of the politics in this country, I'm sick of stupdity beating reason in the name of hatred and resentment. F*CK MITCH MCCONELL AND ALL OF HIS CONSTITUENTS AND THE GOP CAUCUS!!

I used to be moderate, but The GOP has turned me into a left-leaning, partisan monster!!!

I have SO MUCH more to say on the matter but have probably already offended some people. (Sorry)
Old 02-07-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

I feel a little better, although I probably should have written that in my journal instead of on here.

I'm taking my resume to some places to apply to do admin work next week so that I can get out of this financial rut. I was just really hoping I would get a break from congress with the whole unemployment thing.

My life has been extremely stressful since the beginning of the year as a result of my unemployment being cut off. If I didn't have supportive parents I would be hungry and losing my apartment with no electricity or applying for food stamps and welfare.

My sincere apologies if I offended anyone!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've always fought for social welfare, so I share your frustration and concern Brooksie.

My hope is that if enough people can be convinced that their opinions matter maybe we might see a return to a more responsive and responsible government, worldwide sometime.

peace out
D
Old 02-07-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by lommey View Post
pray for people you hold resentment for even if you dont mean it it eventually works. So my sponsor says. Have to say it hasnt worked for my feelings towards my ex maybe im not trying hard enough
I should have read this before my rant!! I will try to pray for those ***** in congress.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
It is probably a good thing that my husband does not care for pets, and my daughter is very allergic to cats. Otherwise, I couls see myself taking in strays/fostering animals and keeping a few here and there. LOL. As it is, we rescued 3 orphaned bunnies and got them to a wildlife rehab person this past summer. A neighbor's dog ravaged the nest and killed the mom. My daughter grabbed the babies before she got them. About a day old. Don't even ask what it cost me. and their survivial being hand raised is rare. One made it to release.

And I am the carpool mom, the one to always help another mother, helped my very dysfunctional auntie, etc... My career was in health care. need I say more? It is a big reason why I am not working. I knew i was caring too much for everyone and could not go to work and do more of it all day long. I was fortunate to have that choice. But now I gotta figure something out wrt going back to work!

Here is something to make you all go, "awwwwwww!"

Awww look at the leetle floofy babeh bunnehs!!!

I am catching up on posts and my head has begun to cool.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lommey View Post
Good luck fishy we are all with you
I am going through period of thinking mine is a absolute idiot and thinking I am better off without him :-)

Has for ex friend saw her last night working in Chinese takeaway ha! She don't like Chinese food she looked do glum I did feel sorry for her for all of 5 minutes before telling myself she brought it on herself living beyond her means with my rent money spa weekends wild nights out shouldn't have been her priority very proud of myself by remaining silent and keeping my dignity when she was bad mouthing me to everyone about me making her homeless I am not a charity I still had to pay mortgage. My rant over lol she's still 2 months behind but paid one

Don't start me on our corrupt council we be on thread 30 before I finish I don't favour any party but for value honesty and common sense.

Hope you all have a great weekend xx
Old 02-07-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Well done on 5 months Kane x
Old 02-07-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Brooksie - its definately been a rough ride for the president. It pains me to see our country so divided. It just seems like people in general are losing tolerence and respect for other peoples differences. I pray for our country everyday.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Awww look at the leetle floofy babeh bunnehs!!!

I am catching up on posts and my head has begun to cool.

Brookise, they are democratic bunnies too! I hear you on your rant. I am for giving people support and reform to design more programs to help families and individuals get back on their feet. The way it is now, once you make a buck, you lose a buck of help, and sometimes, all of it, while still earning poverty level wages.

Brooksie, you likely qualify for some sort of assistance, if you have no income. I am not sure how they look at family support. Wick? Food stamps? I know my BIL did when he was working on recovery. He had no job, and was staying with his mother. She could have fed him, but, heck, she was retired on a fixed income so she had him apply and he got help.

Are there career service places where you can also go for help?
Old 02-07-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

~~~Food for Thought ~ Thank God It's Friday Edition~~~
~~~Life Is Short ~ Ways 2 Make It Count~~~

The following are actions to take, things to contemplate, and simple philosophies that can help all of us have a life that is as full and positive as possible regardless of how long we are here in this lifetime.

1. Give and experience as much love as possible.
Love is probably the best gift we can give to ourselves first, then to others in our lifetimes. It behooves us all to learn to fully love ourselves first, and, in a more "humanitarian" way, to all those with whom we come into contact. It is not often easy for us to give unconditional love to others, in part due to the way we learned about love from our parents and society growing up. To change that, and give at least the "brotherly" form of love to all we meet and know, is to practice true acceptance, and it will come back to us often.

2. Forgive and let go of all you feel has wronged you.
Let it go. Make a list of all the people from childhood to the present you feel hurt or wronged you in some way. It is sometimes helpful to ask yourself if "you" had any responsibility in the way things occurred. Then let it go. Write them a letter stating you forgive them (which can be mailed or thrown away after writing).

Get yourself "complete" with the past. Just one negative grudge or ill feeling held on to can make it very hard for you to have any truly positive and successful relationships now or in the future.Let it go!!!

3. Do what you are good at and love to do.
If you are sitting behind a desk from eight to five every day working for someone else, and you dislike your job or your working environment, take steps to change it! Write out what you are good at and what you really love in your heart to do. Then go after it! If it means changing jobs, locations, or working for yourself, do it. Being true to yourself and your God-given talents and desires will make your life so much happier in the end that it will be worth it. When you can say that you love your work and those you work with, you will have a much more stress-free life, and the legacy you leave behind will be great and cherished by the people you touched with your genuine actions and words.

4. Be positive in all that you think, say, and do.
Get rid of any guilt feelings you have, develop and trust your intuition, learn to quit worrying, visualize and affirm being successful and prosperous, develop and keep great faith, learn to deal with anger so it is not destructive to you or others, be totally responsible, learn to identify and control your stress, live one day at a time, and finally, trust a higher power or Universal Law to help you in your life journey and give you some support along the way.

The choice is ours how we live our lives. Many believe that the true foundation of all that is great and lasting in the world is based on love. Love is a core value. And it is always there as a choice for us to use in our lives or not.

"Only one life that soon is past; Only what's done with love will last." Dennis R. Tesdell
Old 02-07-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

You guys, I really need to do this. I wake up every day as if I'm getting away with something.
I'm entering a depression bc my brain is soaked, and the alcohol is affecting my nerves. I'm about to start getting panic attacks again, the way I used to when I was soaked in alcohol constantly.
I don't look fresh and beautiful. I look 'ok' and pretty tired all the time.
I don't have a plan. Last time I just had a good feeling and went with it. That got me as far as Day 2.
So obviously I need a plan.
I'm bummed I'm an alcoholic... I very very rarely go out socially. I did this week with coworkers and found myself hiding how much I was drinking, and drinking more than the 'pleasant buzz and stop' deal I had made with myself. Le duh.
Just venting. Thanks, Septies.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Melina. Didn't you have success in the past with AA? Can you go to some meetings and give it another go?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
You guys, I really need to do this. I wake up every day as if I'm getting away with something.
I'm entering a depression bc my brain is soaked, and the alcohol is affecting my nerves. I'm about to start getting panic attacks again, the way I used to when I was soaked in alcohol constantly.
I don't look fresh and beautiful. I look 'ok' and pretty tired all the time.
I don't have a plan. Last time I just had a good feeling and went with it. That got me as far as Day 2.
So obviously I need a plan.
I'm bummed I'm an alcoholic... I very very rarely go out socially. I did this week with coworkers and found myself hiding how much I was drinking, and drinking more than the 'pleasant buzz and stop' deal I had made with myself. Le duh.
Just venting. Thanks, Septies.
I think at this point Melina this is a "cry for help" and you need to heed the words you are saying and be very honest with where you are. You need some professional help or some serious resources/tools to help you to get out of where you are. I think you should check out an AA meeting if funds are an issue.

If you have coverage a rehab stay or meeting with some health advisor will help. If your spiritual then go and seek some spiritual guidance and speak your heart as you did here. If you feel the way you feel then you owe it to yourself to go and get help so your situation does not progress any further. If anyone here can suggest places or resources in your area ask for them.

Let us know where your located so some folks here can give suggestions of what is available to you . We are here for you...stay strong and ask for help and don't stop till you receive it!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Nothing to say here but were are still %<^*£><**#*+= sick! I have the nebulizer on the kid and she's seen pediatrician this afternoon. This morning I coughed up stuff with streaks of blood. I guess Norovirus and viral bronchitis do not go well together! I've been so mad that I have really been tempted to drink out of frustration but I haven't. I'm sick but I'm not drunk.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I'm so angry and frustrated I feel close to breaking my sobriety.