Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 26

Old 02-05-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm alive! Had a few slips but nothing more than a day and the last month I found myself inadvertently moderating. Just drank on Friday. But actually skipped last Friday so been another 11 or so days. I know the horror stories so not promoting it and will likely bite me soon. Just wanted you to know I'm still around.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
I'm alive! Had a few slips but nothing more than a day and the last month I found myself inadvertently moderating. Just drank on Friday. But actually skipped last Friday so been another 11 or so days. I know the horror stories so not promoting it and will likely bite me soon. Just wanted you to know I'm still around.
Welcome back you have been truly missed
Old 02-05-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome back UI, thanks for checking in and letting us know you are okay. We have been thinking about you.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

UI, I am so glad to see you back here! I have really missed you! (((UI)))
Old 02-05-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Guys, I read this sobriety blog daily and I love it. Thought I would share it with you. Check it out: Mr. SponsorPants.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
OMG thank you for checking in! I was so worried you had had a heart attack or something! Please stick around! I'm so glad you are ok.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
I was talking to a couple of people yesterday about wanting to choose my sobriety date. At first I thought 9/13/13 was cool. Then it became 9/28/13. Not as cool. Then 11/11/13. Pretty cool. Ultimately I surrendered on 11/24/13. Nothing special about that date besides the fact that I finally said enough is enough to ALL mind-altering substances.
Hi, me again. I just have to comment on this Br00ksie. I did the same thing when quitting - had to have the right date. It went on for years...and is part of the obsessive nature of the mind that this can become more important than just putting down the bottle. In effect the AV is manipulating us to keep drinking.

I did manage to quit on 10/10/10 for almost 6 months... just because I loved that quit date so much, lol. Sadly, even that one succumbed to income tax anxieties the following April. I had no external support at that time.

Ultimately it comes down to saying enough is enough and simply putting the bottle down. My new date of 8/25/13 is nothing special but I can have some fun with it from a math perspective if I want. Mostly it just doesn't seem important to me anymore.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Welcome back to the sep 2013 thread Uininvited!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I think it will take me some time to get you all identified in my mind ... there are a lot of you! That's GOOD!

If you'd like, I'd love to hear a little intro about you to help me out. Maybe something like age, general locale, family, career, etc?

I'm 42, live in Michigan, and have a wonderful husband, 3 daughters, a son-in-law, a granddaughter, and a dog. I'm in AA and loving it. I think if I'd gone to AA sooner, I may have avoided many years of drinking.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

And, Dee, I love that you're everywhere.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I think it will take me some time to get you all identified in my mind ... there are a lot of you! That's GOOD!

If you'd like, I'd love to hear a little intro about you to help me out. Maybe something like age, general locale, family, career, etc?

I'm 42, live in Michigan, and have a wonderful husband, 3 daughters, a son-in-law, a granddaughter, and a dog. I'm in AA and loving it. I think if I'd gone to AA sooner, I may have avoided many years of drinking.
Welcome to the class PBC...BlkDiesel, I live in NYC, have a beautiful 15 year old daughter, I'm a Cloud Networking Engineer and I do musik, fitness and motivational speaking on the side with a myriad of other small hobbies. I was a binge drinker and joined again from the end of August but joined the September group.
I've had a couple of slips here and there but for the most part of the going on 6 months I can say that I've had a week and a half collectively over the 6 months of drinks and 5 and 2 weeks and a half of sobriety (Its a process, believe me lol). Working on keeping it consecutive this time and the class here is magnificent and has really helped me as well. Welcome to the club
Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post

Hey PBC!
I'm 30, live in NYC, starting a career from scratch as a TV writer after disliking the field I got my degree in (MPH). I am also in AA and love it. I have a cat who I love so much! I have 74 days 100% sober!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

This is fun, to read everyone's intros! BLK I didn't know you have a teenage daughter. Very cool!

PBC, I am 47, married, mom of 4 kids ages 16, 13, 10, and 5. I have been sober since August 25 but didn't join SR till September. Besides pregnancies I had a 4 month period of sobriety about 9 years ago and have tried to moderate a bajiliion times, too. I weigh the same weight as when I was 20 and I am extremely good looking.

Again, welcome PBC!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

LOL, Grace!

Hi PBC!

I am a married mom of 2, ages 14 and 10, a girl and a boy. I live in the Northeast. I was a daily wine drinker. Most evenings, basically.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi PBC. Im a midwest girl from Iowa. 39, married with 3 children 18, 14 and 7.
I was a binge drinker that binged 2-4 nights a week. Ive tried many, many times to moderate but eventually realized I couldnt moderate because I was an alcoholic. I joined this group in Septmeber and owe a big part of my success to them. Ive had one slip since September. Going on 3 months since my slip in November.

Welcome to the group. We are talkative!!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

UI so good to hear from you!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi I'm Dee and I'm everywhere lol

welcome back UI

D
Old 02-05-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you, UI ! I am glad you are in one piece and no major damage done !!
Old 02-05-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi everyone sorry havent been around for a while but havent hsd a drink
hi pbc im 52 I live in a littlevillage in northern ireland near the gaints causeway. I have a son 30 next month and a daughter 27. I work with children who have behavioural problems. I was a daily wine drinker and now a member of aa
Old 02-05-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hello PBC I'm Fishy I am 50 years old and I build control panels and I raise African cichlids and love the outdoors . I have 2 sons 30 and 32 great kids. I moderated with beer for years without any issues .and then I started drinking fireball whisky and crashed and burned in less than three years. I quit drinking in September but have had many issues and slips. This coming Monday I start rehab I've decided that's the best option for me. Oh and I have been the same height since my 20's...