Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 26

Old 02-04-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Renarde))) It is hard to be so sick and not have anyone who is a natural-born nurturer to look after you. Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest. I am praying for you!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Thank you. I am glad SR is here. I feel lonely and sad. It really brings home that I don't have family here or friends that love close enough to me to help. I miss my mom and dad. I hope the move here when they retire.
When I'm sick, I always miss my mom. She passed about six years ago. She wasn't all "poor baby." Instead, she made me laugh...made fun of my "pity party." Gotta admit ~ it takes a lot to knock me down at this age. She toughened me up.

I see her many gifts now. She wasn't the typical mom, so I didn't always see them.

I'm glad you have both parents still with you. My mom and I always used to plan on talking every Sunday when we lived far apart. Gosh, I wish we had Skype back then! It's just like sitting next to each other. Have you taught your parents to Skype?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
I know uncertainty sucks. But I was told recently that my higher power has 3 answers:

1. Maybe
2. Not Yet
3. I have something better

All you can do is put yourself in a position or receive the blessings that I know are out there for you. I am praying for your success, LG!
Wow, that's some deep thought there! Love this and thank you for the prayer.

Can my higher power just say "Yes, here you go Lillian" every once in awhile at least?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I did not drink today even though my AV had me in a head lock. I I know that I am sick and that a sick person needs to be treated for their ailments. Everyone keeps telling me that I need to go to rehab however I do not know a single person who is ever been to rehab so does that mean that I'm a bigger drunk then everybody else? And then there are people in this room that's like I've gone 5 months it's so easy I think you're an alien with a freaky head it is not easy. It's the hardest challenge I've ever faced in my life and it scares me.
I've never been to rehab, so what do I know? I have seen many times here on SR that people say it was one of the best moves they made in their journey.

Your pictures looked so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your neck of the woods.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh dear Renarde, please do gett better soon. Being free from alcohol is truly a blessing when you need some prescription or anaesthesia.
Alcohol will mess things, Having raised tolerance or making you get unusual side effects. Not to mention if lobe tries drinking while on the meds
I was at the dentist yesterday and had the last part of my teeth and gums cleared and I am glad I quit 5 months ago, would have been a bloodier affair if I'd still be drinking.

Fish, I've haven't been to rehab either. If you can take the time away for it perhaps give it a try, it may make recovery easier for you. You were offered it for free right?
Like Dee said, you can manage without it but perhaps it will be significantly easier if you take the rehab offer? Make the decision that will be best for you. And it isn't easy, I struggle too, I am stil gutless at work, can get stuck at simpel decisions and get confused about things I should not.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Fish, you're not a worse drunk than everyone else because you're going to rehab. You're simply lucky and fortunate - most people just do not have the means or (pardon the expression) the balls to go. It means you are a fortunate man. I wish I could have gone to rehab - I believe it would have taken away years of misery and suffering.

Lil, I liked reading about your mom. My mom has an iPad/iPhone and we FaceTime with them. My dear father doesn't even know how to text, so he's a lost cause. Haha. I am so close to them now - talk to them several times a day. Closer than I have ever been, so even if that's far away it's a blessing.

I'm glad this happened today. My biggest fear is that this happens when husband is traveling and I have no one. Usually it happens in the middle of the night and I don't have anyone to come watch the baby while I drive myself to hospital. Husband came home from work and took me, then picked up the baby and cared for her - yes, it's a her - all night. I took a cab home.

Just up right now to take another round of meds.

I love you guys. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Renarde hope you feel better soon praying that kiddo doesn't catch it xx
Old 02-05-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Finally got hold of builder he's been working somewhere with no mobile signal he's starting Monday yay

I lost my mum when I was young so my dad is precious to me last 4-5 years I isolated myself work and drinking I kinda give up on friends apart from hubby and ex friend living in a deluded buble that I was content. That blew up in my face last year I totally know what it feels like to be isolated. There are great people out there just by talking to people I have made 2 amazing friends this year along with others I badly neglected whilst trying to keep people who treated me badly close. Being sober has helped me engage more with people starting to believe hubs and ex friend done me a huge favour though didn't feel like at the time.

Fishy I would have loved to have the opportunity of rehab grab it with both hands can only be a positive experience xx
Old 02-05-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

May I join your party? My sobriety date is 9-16-13.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome PBC

D
Old 02-05-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Welcome peanut glad to have you with us x
Old 02-05-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Absolutely, PBC! Welcome! I love your tag line, btw!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

~~~Food for thought ~ Wintry Wednesday Edition~~
~~~You Must Not Quit~~~

(Note: Woke up at 5 this morning to another wintry, nasty morning in NYC and I must say that the winters are getting more and more challenging for me. I've been contemplating a move for quite some time and I believe that now that I've accomplished the goals I wanted too before I initiated it. The time to plan the move is NOW!!! This is the last winter I want to spend in this type of climate....#Time2MoveOn~~~

~You Must Not Quit~

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

"What comes easy won't last, and what truly lasts won't come easy!"

Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I'm home from the hospital. Still very sick but being managed with meds. I had 4 bags is IVs given to me. I am really out of it on a host of narcotics(fentanyl and Norco) and sedatives (Ativan) plus Zofran. I can't take a lot if regular anti nausea meds because I get something called tardive dyskinesia - workaholic I bet you know what that is. So I am totally out of it and that is very weird. It felt good telling the hospital people I never drink. My BP is still very low but it should go up as I am able to tolerate more.

I am going to watch tv in bed and go to sleep. Please pray that my daughter doesn't get this.
Seems like its a very challenging time physically for your Renarde, We are all praying for you and your recovery,,,Feel Better
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Your more than welcome PDC, we keep a tight knit group here so once you have no problem with that you are more than welcome
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Renarde, I hope you are feeling better today! So glad you went to get treatment. You sound so sick! I feel so badly for you.

Lillian, I would negotiate something shorter in the bonus area. My husband's compnay was sold almost 2 years ago, now and he had a 1 year retention bonus. That seems more realisitic. I think it is unfair to expect people to stcik around for 3 years for something like that. Maybe you will, maybe you won't, but don't be held by money you need now. Also, husband has had to sig non-comp clauses at every job. he works in development(sofrware) and well, he cannot bring code from one product to another, if they are a competetor. So, in that sense, it is logical, and makes sense. Well, except, it is his creativity, but, it is part of a larger product that he does not own once he walks away. Not sure what your non-comp covers, but I would be careful there too. I hope it all works out for you in a positive way, even though presently it is stressful.

Snow day here.

Kids home, hubby home. We are all relaxing, and it is coming down pretty good out there.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Fish, I am glad you did not drink. I was very worried about you. Your pictures are beautiful. I sometimes wish I could check out of life and do rehab. Hard with young kids. I think staying sober is very, very hard. I still struggle with it everyday. My AV is nagging at me constantly some days. Ugh. I wish I had people in my life who cared that I do not drink and I could discuss it and get that day to day support. You have an amzing family. It speaks to what a great guy you are. You are so worth this and I hope it is a great experience.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Do not get me wrong I am very proud of the people in this room and the milestones that they have been able to achieve. 5 months of sobriety is fantastic any sobriety is better than nothing. And I am lucky to have friends here in Sr and family that our concerned for my health. I am lucky to be able to go to rehab. A few more days. And I am sorry for calling everyone Freaky headed aliens.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for the support. I'm still on those meds so forgive typos. Baby girl woke up tho rowing up this am. I had to starts Laundry and cleaning ASAP. Exhausted now.

Welcome PBC!!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Lillian back in the year 2000 I was affected by a NCC agreement. I ended up going to court over it eventually. And if I remember correctly California does not recognize this as a viable law unless you're an equity stake holder but I could be wrong .. I'm just a dumb old hillbilly